Page 121 of 304 FirstFirst ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 7597

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0407.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	455.6 KB 
ID:	294277

pig, peppers, summer squash and apricots

gonna be green curry over noodles
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Reheating carnitasClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190916_194811.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	294288

Name:	mlkbkXJ.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	682.7 KB 
ID:	294704

pear butter
    watch out for snakes

Experiments with leftover carnitas fat and liquidsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190923_191455.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	295055

brains...

Buckwheat waffles

Name:	IMG_20190928_092256802.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	295564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190928_092246543.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	295565

There's a layer of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese under the eggs. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190928_102027105.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	295573

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Buckwheat waffles

Name:	IMG_20190928_092256802.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	295564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190928_092246543.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	295565
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    There's a layer of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese under the eggs. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190928_102027105.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	295573
    *Swoon*

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    *Swoon*

I make them with sprouted whole buckwheat, and the batter ferments overnight so they have a distinct sourdough flavor.

Braised Lamb Shanks.

...456...Name:  20190928_205420-01.jpeg
Views: 466
Size:  57.2 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Pan roasted endive with chanterelle butter:

Pestoed rice noodles with shrimp, brasolae and yellow garden tomatoes:

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I'm 3 hours into some sausage and peppers for an old river friend who missed his Italian fest in Denver this year.

I'll bust that shit on the river out tomorrow and his bald hard of hearing ass with tanning oil is maybe going to cum for the first time in a decade.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

97531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191013_183735-01.jpeg 
Views:	65 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	297701
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Ribs 2 ways.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    Ribs 2 ways.

Going to make some pumpkin bread pudding! From the Victory Garden cookbook:

Name:  PumpkinBreadPudding.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  69.9 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    Ribs 2 ways.

Sauced and dry? Look tasty
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Sauced and dry? Look tasty
    Both were dry rubbed, the back ones were brushed with sauce for the last 20 mins.

Made Rilettes. They're not particularly photogenic so.....

Damn good, easy. Kinda improvised the recipe but now have enough to do frozen, portioned appetizers well through the holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

anyone cooking with mayo?

i had no idea

from the NYT
    https://nyti.ms/2BRPFPX
    The Secret Ingredient That Improves Meat Every Time

You may love it. You may hate it. But a smear of mayonnaise before cooking makes beef, pork, chicken and fish better as if by magic. J. Kenji López-Alt explains.

Credit...David Malosh for The New York Times. Food Stylist: Barrett Washburne.

By J. Kenji López-Alt

Oct. 28, 2019, 11:59 a.m. ET

For the past couple of years, I’ve been seeing a trend among the online community of sous-vide cooking enthusiasts: rubbing meat with mayonnaise before searing it. A parallel trend has also been hitting the grilled cheese forums (there’s a message board for everything), where folks are slathering their bread with mayonnaise before griddling, insisting that mayonnaise produces a golden-brown crust that’s superior to the one you get with butter.

At this point, I suspect that half of you are salivating subconsciously while the other half are quite consciously suppressing a gag reflex.
    Even for mayo lovers like me, the image of smearing mayonnaise all over a piece of raw or semi-cooked meat is not the easiest sell. Not everyone likes mayo. It jiggles uncomfortably. It’s nearly pure fat. I get it.
    But you should try it! I first let mayo get intimate with some sous-vide steaks a couple years ago. The steaks browned like a dream. Next I rubbed some mayo on my grilled cheese. It’s true: Mayo really does brown better than butter (though these days I use both).

More recently, I’ve been testing the limits of cooking with mayonnaise and discovering it may just be the most magical marinade ingredient I’ve ever encountered. I mean it.

There are a few reasons mayo is so effective. For starters, mayonnaise — a seasoned emulsion of oil in water — is mostly fat, making it a great delivery mechanism for the fat-soluble flavor compounds found in many aromatics, while leaving behind no distinct flavor of its own. (This means that mayo-marinated meats don’t taste like mayo once they are cooked.)
    Moreover, that fat is suspended in an emulsion. An emulsion is a homogeneous mixture of two or more liquids that typically don’t mix together. Fat droplets have a natural tendency to coalesce when suspended in water. (Think: the shattered pieces of the liquid metal Terminator coming back together.) To make mayonnaise, the trick is to break up that fat into droplets that are so fine that they have difficulty reuniting.

Credit...David Malosh for The New York Times. Food Stylist: Barrett Washburne.

Emulsions are always more viscous than either of their independent constituents, which is what gives mayonnaise its semisolid texture. This quality makes it easy to spread a mayonnaise-based marinade evenly across the surface of a piece of meat — and more important, it stays there.

Mayo also improves Maillard browning, which are the chemical reactions that take place when you sear foods.

Functionally, we can think of mayonnaise as consisting of three ingredients: Along with fat and water, there is also egg protein. As the mayonnaise on the surface of a piece of meat cooks, its water content eventually evaporates away, breaking the emulsion and leaving behind a thin, evenly distributed layer of fat, as well as a very, very thin coating of egg protein.
    This extra source of protein and fat can increase browning on naked meat or in watery or low-sugar marinades. This comes in handy when you want to minimize the time a piece of meat spends on the grill or in a pan. Thinner cuts — skirt steak, flank steak, skinnier pork chops — typically have trouble browning before they overcook in the center. A chicken cutlet will be cook through on a hot grill or skillet in under four minutes. This isn’t a lot of time to properly brown, but with a thin coat of a mayo-based marinade, it’s easy.

On the other hand, it’s difficult to work with sweet sauces like barbecue or teriyaki, which have a tendency to burn as your meat grills. Mayo solves this problem by diluting and coating the sugars with fat and egg protein. Combining a sweet sauce with mayonnaise before rubbing it on the meat allows you to grill as hot as you like without risk of burning. Also, that sauce flavor really sticks to the meat.

Perhaps the greatest advantage a mayo marinade gives you is the ability to easily incorporate flavors. I tried combining mayonnaise with a wide range of sauces and condiments — chimichurri, pesto, Thai red curry paste, barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, Buffalo sauce — before marinating and grilling chicken cutlets, steaks, pork chops, vegetables and fish fillets, and tasting side-by-side with mayo-free counterparts.

Every marinade and sauce was improved — every single one. This was true with both homemade and store-bought mayo.
    Another neat thing I discovered: Mayo-marinated meat can be cooked in a cast-iron or nonstick skillet as is, no extra oil necessary. The mayonnaise provides all the fat the pan needs.

The basic process I follow is simple: I season my meat with salt and pepper, I combine some sauce or marinade with a dollop of mayonnaise and rub that all over the meat, I let it marinate for a while if I feel like it, I cook the meat, then I serve it with the remaining sauce. Any sauce, any meat, indoors or out.
    How do you like mayo now?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  122.5 KB

Club 2Me Rib Annual Rib Contest, last Saturday. I won.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

👍