Page 128 of 304 FirstFirst ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 7597

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

A 2# steak absolutely calls for reverse sear. Thermometer is mandatory, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mrswhyturn View Post
    Cookie Question: Spritz Cookies
    I've never baked them but have experienced the same problem with other cookie recipes. Generally I find spreading to occur when I over beat the butter and/or the kitchen is too warm. Take a look at this and see if you think it will improve your results:

Spritz Cookies
    Makes about 6 dozen 1 1/2-inch cookies

WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
    Managing a finicky ingredient list is the biggest challenge in preparing a spritz cookie recipe. Carefully balancing the butter, sugar, flour, egg (yolk only), heavy cream (just a drop), vanilla, and salt is the only path to success—a few simple ingredients gathered in the proper proportions. Creaming the butter and sugar in traditional fashion worked well and produced a dough light enough to easily press or pipe the cookies.

INGREDIENTS
    1 large egg yolk
    1 tablespoon heavy cream
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened (about 70 degrees)
    ⅔ cup sugar (about 4-3/4 ounces)
    ¼ teaspoon table salt
    2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (10 ounces)

*BEFORE YOU BEGIN
    We had the best results baking these cookies one sheet at a time. When reusing a cookie sheet, make sure that it has completely cooled before forming more cookies on it. Unbaked dough can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days; to use, let it stand at room temperature until softened, about 45 minutes. Baked cookies will keep for more than a week if stored in an airtight container or zipper-lock bag. For longer storage, freeze unbaked cookies right on the baking sheet and transfer to zipper-lock bags for storage. When ready to bake, place them back on the baking sheet and follow the recipe, adding 2 to 4 minutes extra baking time.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 375 degrees. In small bowl, beat yolk, cream, and vanilla with fork until combined; set aside.

2. In standing mixer, cream butter, sugar, and salt at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula. With mixer running at medium speed, add yolk/cream mixture and beat until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Scrape down bowl. With mixer running at low speed, gradually beat in flour until combined. Scrape down bowl and give final stir with rubber spatula to ensure that no flour pockets remain.

3. If using cookie press to form cookies, follow manufacturer's instructions to fill press; if using pastry bag, follow illustrations 1 through 3 below to fill bag. Press or pipe cookies onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing them about 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time until cookies are light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking time. Cool cookies on baking sheet until just warm, 10 to 15 minutes; using metal spatula, transfer to wire rack and cool to room temperature.

Filling a Pastry Bag

When bag is about half full, pull up sides, push down dough, and twist tightly while again pushing down on dough to squeeze out air.

Grab bag at base of twist. Using other hand as guide, hold tip at 90-degree angle about 1/2 inch above baking sheet and squeeze to form shape.

Make C-shape with one hand and hold piping bag. Fold bag over that hand about halfway down, insert tip, and scrape dough into bag.

NOTE:

Variations for lemon spritz add 1 teaspoon lemon zest or for almond spritz add ¾ teaspoon almond extract to wet ingredients and grind almonds and 2 tablespoons of the flour in food processor until powdery and evenly fine, about 60 seconds. Combine almond mixture with remaining flour in a medium bowl and set aside.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Monoprice sous vide cooker is $41.99 right now.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21594
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Sous vide that thing with a sprig of rosemary and a knob of butter for about 3 hours at your desired temp. I'd be about 118. Then throw it on the hottest open flame you can find until properly Maillard-ed.

Slice it, squeeze a lemon, slug of olive oil, chopped parsley over the top, good salt and coarse pepper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

There was a device much like this featured in one of this year's HUMP films.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Filling a Pastry Bag

When bag is about half full, pull up sides, push down dough, and twist tightly while again pushing down on dough to squeeze out air.

Grab bag at base of twist. Using other hand as guide, hold tip at 90-degree angle about 1/2 inch above baking sheet and squeeze to form shape.

Make C-shape with one hand and hold piping bag. Fold bag over that hand about halfway down, insert tip, and scrape dough into bag.

NOTE:

Variations for lemon spritz add 1 teaspoon lemon zest or for almond spritz add ¾ teaspoon almond extract to wet ingredients and grind almonds and 2 tablespoons of the flour in food processor until powdery and evenly fine, about 60 seconds. Combine almond mixture with remaining flour in a medium bowl and set aside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Just sides this year.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191127_163146.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	303980

Name:	20191127_163324.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	303981

Name:	IMG_4110.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	303982

Pulled pork later today

Turkey broth simmering
    Turkey brining

thanks guys

I’ll probably just boil it and cover it in ketchup
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    thanks guys

LOL!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

thanks guys

Andrew?

You could steak it, or you could do that once a year thing, and treat it as the prime rib you never had. I opt for the latter, that is why I did not suggest the sear.

But, fuck all that. NUKE THAT BITCH, with, of course, taco bell packets.

See, I've done prime rib, for me this is the steak I wish I had. lol It's all good.

Sous vide makes food deliciouser but it ain't petty

Name:	20191128_094622-01.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	304077
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Getting my brother a Annova for Chrimmas.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Name:	IMG_4114.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	249.9 KB 
ID:	304109

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    OK, I've been there many times, minus the rib, but here's what I would do:

Throw it uncovered on a plate with a light salt sprinkle, preferably elevated, like if you have a rack get it up in the air in there, in the fridge for a day;
    Bring to room temp;
    Season with S&P;
    Rub/smear with OO, a little rosemary, thyme, and some mustard;
    Inject a couple cloves of garlic; Do you remember how to do that?
    Sear that in OO in a hot cast iron (you might have one ;?) on wicked high for a fast crust on both sides (couple mins. each side max);
    Into an oven on a rack on top of a baking sheet with some potatoes and onion/greens and your pan juice and scrapings, swimming in a little bouillon below on the rack at 200 degrees until meat is 130 degrees;

Let stand while you make some gravy from the sheet. I'd maybe throw a couple half cut tomatoes in the sheet at the end of the slow roast.

I'd reduce the drippings with butter, even baste that bitch in it half way through with that, maybe add a bit more broth, after removing veg of course, then throw that reduction in a blender thing of your choice with a dollop of sour cream and some horseradish.

You could separate the juice and have au jus and some cream thing on the side, your choice.

Devour. Have a salad with a nice vinaigrette and lick your chop.

Happy Thanksgiving, Mike! There is always something to be thankful for.

You're rich, bitch!

Just kidding, you should definitely sous vide that.

And if the red meat is cooking for you, I'd let it do whatever it wants to.
    what’s fucking annoying? when some asshole asks for help then doesn’t take it

the whole idea was to cook that fucker as a prime rib roast with root veggies - changed it up a bit but it’s sorta like what you suggested only different

salt it and season it and smear it with stuff then sear it

Name:	IMG_0596.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	457.7 KB 
ID:	304104

Name:	IMG_0601.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	481.9 KB 
ID:	304105

beets, carrots, radish, onion on the bottom with a “rack” of jar lids

Name:	IMG_0602.JPG 
Size:	448.1 KB 
ID:	304106

liquid was this morning’s bacon grease, butter, water and miso

Name:	IMG_0603.JPG 
Size:	457.4 KB 
ID:	304107

250 oven for a couple hours to get to 130

Name:	IMG_0606.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	457.3 KB 
ID:	304108

a good veterinarian could get this fucker back on it’s feet in no time

you could cut it with a plastic spoon

Name:	IMG_0607.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	466.7 KB 
ID:	304112

salad was green and purple cabbage and persimmon with strawberry balsamic vinaigrette

Name:	IMG_0604.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	478.6 KB 
ID:	304113

not bad and I only used 2 skillets and a bowl and a plate so not much cleanup

Name:	IMG_0608.JPG 
Size:	481.7 KB 
ID:	304117

the whole idea was to cook that fucker as a prime rib roast with root veggies - changed it up a bit but it’s sorta like what you suggested only different

salad was green and purple cabbage and persimmon with strawberry balsamic vinaigrette

That looks delish! Are you using the canning lids for heat circulation... or...? I’ve never seen that and am so curious. I have canning supplies already...

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I've never baked them but have experienced the same problem with other cookie recipes. Generally I find spreading to occur when I over beat the butter and/or the kitchen is too warm. Take a look at this and see if you think it will improve your results:

Spritz Cookies
    Makes about 6 dozen 1 1/2-inch cookies

WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
    Managing a finicky ingredient list is the biggest challenge in preparing a spritz cookie recipe. Carefully balancing the butter, sugar, flour, egg (yolk only), heavy cream (just a drop), vanilla, and salt is the only path to success—a few simple ingredients gathered in the proper proportions. Creaming the butter and sugar in traditional fashion worked well and produced a dough light enough to easily press or pipe the cookies.

INGREDIENTS
    1 large egg yolk
    1 tablespoon heavy cream
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened (about 70 degrees)
    ⅔ cup sugar (about 4-3/4 ounces)
    ¼ teaspoon table salt
    2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (10 ounces)

*BEFORE YOU BEGIN
    We had the best results baking these cookies one sheet at a time. When reusing a cookie sheet, make sure that it has completely cooled before forming more cookies on it. Unbaked dough can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days; to use, let it stand at room temperature until softened, about 45 minutes. Baked cookies will keep for more than a week if stored in an airtight container or zipper-lock bag. For longer storage, freeze unbaked cookies right on the baking sheet and transfer to zipper-lock bags for storage. When ready to bake, place them back on the baking sheet and follow the recipe, adding 2 to 4 minutes extra baking time.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 375 degrees. In small bowl, beat yolk, cream, and vanilla with fork until combined; set aside.

2. In standing mixer, cream butter, sugar, and salt at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula. With mixer running at medium speed, add yolk/cream mixture and beat until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Scrape down bowl. With mixer running at low speed, gradually beat in flour until combined. Scrape down bowl and give final stir with rubber spatula to ensure that no flour pockets remain.

3. If using cookie press to form cookies, follow manufacturer's instructions to fill press; if using pastry bag, follow illustrations 1 through 3 below to fill bag. Press or pipe cookies onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing them about 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time until cookies are light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking time. Cool cookies on baking sheet until just warm, 10 to 15 minutes; using metal spatula, transfer to wire rack and cool to room temperature.

Filling a Pastry Bag

NOTE:

Thanks. It’s a little different than what I do so I’ll try this method. Looking forward to the baking fun! Happy Thanksgiving!

Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by mrswhyturn View Post
    That looks delish! Are you using the canning lids for heat circulation... or...? I’ve never seen that and am so curious. I have canning supplies already...
    yeah I just didn’t have a roasting rack to elevate the meat so I used those they can take the heat

yeah I just didn’t have a roasting rack to elevate the meat so I used those they can take the heat
    Genius solution!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Bravo Mike!

eat moar colours

eat moar colours
    See moar colors!

You overcooked it maing. JK, looks delicious.

That damned puegot pepper mill is a beast! That's like half a turn worth of pepper. Shit is turbo...

Name:  20191203_090053-01.jpeg
Views: 528
Size:  92.8 KB