Page 113 of 304 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 7585

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    What Sancerre rose? Asking for a friend
    Rose should cost no more than $5 a litre and come out of gas pump-ish thing at the wine co-op. The way the frogs do it in the south.

And Sancerre should only be chilled in a mountain stream whilst fishing. The way Hemingway did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Rose should cost no more than $5 a litre and come out of gas pump-ish thing at the wine co-op. The way the frogs do it in the south.

And Sancerre should only be chilled in a mountain stream whilst fishing. The way Hemingway did it.
    I dunno. Sancerre in an ocean cove while slurping oysters is good enough for me.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Wife and kids got me a Father’s Day ribeye that my butcher buddy cut for me. Cooked it on an egg using reverse sear last night. Had to have it for lunch and dinner today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5017.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	286012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5018.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	286013
    This one is not fucking around! 3.6lbs of goodness.

Please tell me you cut that down.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Please tell me you cut that down.
    If you’re asking if I took down 3.6lbs of beef at one time....no. Took 3 meals but I nailed it. Kids had a few bites along the way.

What I was asking is if you broke it down to more manageable and better to cook steaks.

Watcha cookin'?

Got a thermapen for dads day & prime ribeyes for the grill...the lady was not ashamed about sending me out to cook them myself

Dang, I put my other “instant read” thermometer is the trash...not even useful as a backup after the thermapen

love these summer nights.
    some serious bbq going on.
    Weber Mini Q.
    Steaks.
    Yummmmmmmmmmmmm!
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

A hard to get my hands on Aussie tenderloin fore dinner tonight

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

I like where you’re going with this but I’m not en France and I don’t write or fish like papa. I’m just a regular guy skiing, working on teeth and drinking overpriced rose from the liquor store.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What I was asking is if you broke it down to more manageable and better to cook steaks.
    Why would you do that? It's a mini roast. Reverse sear after an indirect roast sounds really dang tasty. Personally I would trim a little more fat.

Gotcha. I left it as is for a reverse sear. Was delicious!
    And, I left the fat. Tasty, buttery goodness.

Moar tacos!

Name:	20190616_173154-01.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	286035

$.77/lb chicken thighs cooked sous vide @ 165 for 4h with guajillo chili, lime zest, and salt then shredded and crisped under the broiler. Served with my kick ass homemade refried black beans, roasted corn and avocado salsa, crumbled cotija, shredded red cabbage, and diced cherry tomatoes with salt and crushed garlic. Served 8 people for right around $20!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Gotcha. I left it as is for a reverse sear. Was delicious!
    And, I left the fat. Tasty, buttery goodness.

It would have turned out better using the reverse sear if you had cut it in half and netted yourself two 1.75-2 inch thick steaks. But hey, you go ahead and do whatever trips your trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Got a thermapen for dads day & prime ribeyes for the grill...the lady was not ashamed about sending me out to cook them myself

Dang, I put my other “instant read” thermometer is the trash...not even useful as a backup after the thermapen
    QFT. Once you go with a real Thermapen, you can't go back. I thought it was ridiculous to pay that much for a thermometer, my $15 one from the restaurant supply store worked fine. Then I got a Thermapen as a gift, and now I can't live without it.

Did aged ribeyes on the grill last night, reverse sear FTW. Thermapen makes it stupid easy to nail the temp.

I generally hate fat in meat (not marbling, but chunks of pure fat). But man, the fat that sizzled up on the edges of those ribeyes was the best part.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    QFT. Once you go with a real Thermapen, you can't go back. I thought it was ridiculous to pay that much for a thermometer, my $15 one from the restaurant supply store worked fine. Then I got a Thermapen as a gift, and now I can't live without it.

Did aged ribeyes on the grill last night, reverse sear FTW. Thermapen makes it stupid easy to nail the temp.

I generally hate fat in meat (not marbling, but chunks of pure fat). But man, the fat that sizzled up on the edges of those ribeyes was the best part.
    the fat on a ribeye is one of the best parts of a ribeye. Its soo succulent...

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It would have turned out better using the reverse sear if you had cut it in half and netted yourself two 1.75-2 inch thick steaks. But hey, you go ahead and do whatever trips your trigger.
    Have you ever heard of prime rib?

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Have you ever heard of prime rib?
    lulz

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    I like where you’re going with this but I’m not en France and I don’t write or fish like papa. I’m just a regular guy skiing, working on teeth and drinking overpriced rose from the liquor store.
    It's more a matter of principle.

Well, you do have the dentist thing working for ya so maybe easier to afford overpriced rose. There is an incredible proliferation of very quaffable cheap rose out there if you look, then buy in bulk when you find it. Some decent stuff in boxes too, believe it or not.

I drink it like a fish all summer and have had to be resourceful.
    Last edited by oftpiste; 06-18-2019 at 09:58 AM. Reason: bwahaha typo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I broke down and ordered a Thermapen Mk IV today.

Crispy pork belly over cheese and butter loaded Geechie Boy grits.

Name:	IMG_2763.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	239.6 KB 
ID:	286337

Name:	IMG_2765.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	286338
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I broke down and ordered a Thermapen Mk IV today.
    Nice. I got one as a gift for Xmas, and now regret not getting one sooner. Everything about it is better.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Nice. I got one as a gift for Xmas, and now regret not getting one sooner. Everything about it is better.
    It's all acidpdx's fault. I am impossible to get gifts for. My wife now just tells me to order something. And yet still asks me what I want. So I saw his post. And have been struggling with a whole drawer full of crappy thermometers. Therefore, I ordered one as a belated fathers day gift. I can't wait to toss out the old ones. Hopefully Saturday will be the Great Thermometer Purge of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    It's all acidpdx's fault. I am impossible to get gifts for. My wife now just tells me to order something. And yet still asks me what I want. So I saw his post. And have been struggling with a whole drawer full of crappy thermometers. Therefore, I ordered one as a belated fathers day gift. I can't wait to toss out the old ones. Hopefully Saturday will be the Great Thermometer Purge of 2019.
    Well, if it helps, I also got their Chef Alarm (sale price $56), which I haven’t put to use yet, but I’m expecting will improve my brisket which mattig will attest is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Well, if it helps, I also got their Chef Alarm (sale price $56), which I haven’t put to use yet, but I’m expecting will improve my brisket which mattig will attest is pretty good
    lol. Rabbit. Hole.