Page 200 of 304 FirstFirst ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 7585

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by teletripper View Post
    Is this better? Corned beef with cabbage,potato, and carrots all done in the Instant Pot.
    Attachment 371187
    Ya know, I did probably that same recipe in our pot and it rocked.

Anyone want to share a corned beef recipe for this rookie?

Marinated/sous vide venison steaks, roasted potatoes, steamed garlic greens, and herring caviar on butter and rye bread

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Sounds like you ate Rudolph
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Anyone want to share a corned beef recipe for this rookie?
    This is the one I used. https://damndelicious.net/2019/03/06...f-and-cabbage/
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Awesome, thank you very much!

Watcha cookin'?

How come it gotta be insta pot? Then again... I look in TJOC and IT says start woth “corned beef” WTF!?! You’d think there’d be a way to corn it youself. Wed just buy the brisket with the spice pack after 317 on the cheap and put it in the slow cooker.

Oh wait...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618261966.262075.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	371330

Name:	Image1618262259.028813.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	371332

Goddamned process for sure lol.

Anyhoo.

Not sure if it passes the boiled meat threshold but... had some day old rice to be used...

Name:	IMG_2961.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	371333

Name:	IMG_2960.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	371334

Really needed some green onion or shallots but at least I remembered the garlic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Take that corned beef, rinse it good, dry rub and smoke for about 6 hrs....pastrami
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Venison/Sweet Sausage Spaghetti Sauce simmering away this AM......

Name:	20210413_090058.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	371390

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    How come it gotta be insta pot?...
    Ya, I know instapot is all the rage, but I'm not a fan. The fact that you need a recipe for corned beef and cabbage for the thing is a major reason.

I buy a corned beef. I put it in pot of water. I boil is for a few hours. I add taters, carrots, a quartered onion and boil some more. At the end I add quartered cabbage and cook until it's cooked but still firm.

IMHO The Instapot (or any pressure cooker) is only really good at turning dry beans to cooked beans and making quick stock/broth.

Slow cookers and rice cookers are more useful to me.

In general though, everything is better the old fashion way via the stove or oven.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

We own an Instapot that was hype-purchased despite my objections. I'm pretty sure it's been plugged in at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    We own an Instapot that was hype-purchased despite my objections. I'm pretty sure it's been plugged in at least once.
    My wife is trying to hype-purchase a camper right now. I'm putting her off until things get somewhat back to normal and we can pick up a used one for pennies on the dollar.

'Cause I'm pretty sure we'll use it about 4 times.

i might be the minority here, but i love my instapot. we use it regularly as -

- a rice cooker
    - a steamer
    - to make big pots of chili, etc
    - to cook roasts
    - to make bone broth
    - for soups

agree re: campers though. that's also how i feel about vans. give it 2-4 years and there will be a glut in the market

Making hummus from dry garbanzos within an hour is plenty of justification for the instant pot to me. I probably make a thing of beans a couple times a month.
    Fast stock isn't bad either.

Name:	Image1618341886.151176.jpg 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	371462

hummus
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I like Hummus

One look at all the buttons on the front of the instapot and I was a hard no. Fuck that. I hate kitchen electronics.

My dad loves gadgets and bought me this bluetooth meat thermometer called a Meater. Spent 20 minutes one day fucking with it- couldn't get it to connect, phone wants to update app etc... It's in the kitchen junk drawer now and my good old manual meat thermo is back in action.

Name:	4BFAC16E-7C69-4E5C-A98F-28D5D68E3B78.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	592.8 KB 
ID:	371487
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    i might be the minority here, but i love my instapot. we use it regularly as -

- a rice cooker
    - a steamer
    - to make big pots of chili, etc
    - to cook roasts
    - to make bone broth
    - for soups

agree re: campers though. that's also how i feel about vans. give it 2-4 years and there will be a glut in the market
    This! I use mine all the time. Meatloaf, hard boiled eggs, chicken noodle soup, homemade Oatmeal, even cake!

And you can do everything with just the pressure button and don't have to get all overwhelmed by all the other buttons.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    IMHO The Instapot (or any pressure cooker) is only really good at turning dry beans to cooked beans and making quick stock/broth.

In general though, everything is better the old fashion way via the stove or oven.

Depends on what you had first. I had neither a slow cooker or a rice cooker so the instant pot was an easy Christmas gift for a hard to please dad.

Try this once. If nothing else the pickled onions are a very versatile accompaniment for many dishes. I usually make the black beans before the chicken. You can go from raw to table in an hour.

Pressure Cooker Chipotle-Honey Chicken Tacos
    By Sarah DiGregorio
    YIELD 4 servings
    35 minutes
    If you have an electric pressure cooker, you can throw together a big batch of spicy chicken and black bean tacos inabout 30 minutes. Smoky canned chipotles in adobo and honey do most of the heavy lifting here, combining to createa glossy, spicy-sweet sauce. Chipotles can pack varying levels of heat, so if you want your tacos on the milder side, useonly one or two peppers. You can always drizzle with hot sauce at the table. The pickled onions are not absolutelynecessary, but they add acidity and crunch that contrast nicely with the spicy shredded chicken. (Get the slow cooker

TIME

version of this recipe here (https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...-chicken-tacos).)

INGREDIENTS
    1 1⁄2 pounds boneless, skinlesschicken thighs
    1 to 4 canned chipotles in adobo,finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoonsadobo sauce
    3 tablespoons honey
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon kosher salt, plusadditional as needed
    1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsedand drained
    1 lime, juiced
    Warmed tortillas, for serving
    Pickled onion, for serving (see Tip)Sliced or cubed avocado, for serving

PREPARATIONStep 1
    Combine the chicken, chipotles and adobo sauce, honey, onionpowder, garlic powder, salt and cumin in an electric pressure cooker.Stir well. Cover and set steam valve to sealed position. Cook on highpressure for 13 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 5minutes; then release the remaining pressure manually. Open the lid.
    Step 2
    Remove the chicken to a bowl or cutting board using tongs. Shred thechicken with two forks. If you’d like to reduce the sauce, set to sautéand simmer, 5 minutes. Add the chicken back into the pot.
    Step 3
    Stir in the black beans and a squeeze of lime juice, set to sauté and letthe beans warm through, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and add more salt orlime juice if necessary. Serve in tortillas with pickled onions andavocado.
    Tip
    To make quick-pickled onions, thinly slice a red onion and put theslices in a lidded heat-proof container. Bring about 1 1/2 cups cider orwhite vinegar to a boil. Add about 3 heaping spoonfuls of sugar and abig pinch of salt and whisk to dissolve. (You can also add a pinch ofred-pepper flakes, a bay leaf or some dried oregano, if you like.) Pourthe hot vinegar over the onions and let them cool. They’re ready to useright away, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020043-pressure-cooker-chipotle-honey-chicken-tacos?action=click&module=Global Search Recipe Card&pgType=search&ra...

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    Venison/Sweet Sausage Spaghetti Sauce simmering away this AM......

Name:	20210413_090058.jpg 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	371390
    Fucking looks money. Had a friend back in the day, italian family. Hunter father. The venison sauce was almost better than my great grandma's and she was fresh off the boat.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

I don't know. I mean sure a pot roast if good in the oven, but man it's sti pretty good when you can have it done in about an hour. Not regular here, but great when you haven't planned.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post

Name:	4BFAC16E-7C69-4E5C-A98F-28D5D68E3B78.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	592.8 KB 
ID:	371487

Let me again say this thread delivers.

Now, that looks good!!!

How you call that? Gulyasleves?

My buddy mad two or three batches of what he just called “beef stew” over the winter and it was awesome.

It’s such a shame that stew season is ending not sure it will stop me. Even with my crappy AC.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Today we have vegetables (peppers, mushrooms, zucchini) from the pan with red lentils and chickpeas.