Page 127 of 304 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 7597

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Needs weed! Those would be epic edibles. High potential to soar further than intended because who can stop at one?
    Or you could do it the way I did - bake them, get baked then eat them. Works great!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5358.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	303869

Had to stay at work late to catch up on some insurance claims. Got home in time to make a quick rueben and a few shishitos and watch Duke lose to Stephen S Austin. Both made me smile.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Legit. Real question is French(Russian) or 1000 island? Points deducted for no marbled rye.

Russian for sure. Yup on the marbled rye. Looked but couldn’t find any at the local grocery. Shishitos kicked ass though.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Legit. Real question is French(Russian) or 1000 island? Points deducted for no marbled rye.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Watcha cookin'?

ok so I’ve cut way back on red meat

I eat a lot of turkey

I’m alone Thursday and I got this to cook for me - 2# rib off a standing rib roast

how would you do it?

I’ve got great cast iron, a stove and and oven. No grill no sous vide.

Name:	IMG_0587.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	481.8 KB 
ID:	303879
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

OK, I've been there many times, minus the rib, but here's what I would do:

Throw it uncovered on a plate with a light salt sprinkle, preferably elevated, like if you have a rack get it up in the air in there, in the fridge for a day;
    Bring to room temp;
    Season with S&P;
    Rub/smear with OO, a little rosemary, thyme, and some mustard;
    Inject a couple cloves of garlic; Do you remember how to do that?
    Sear that in OO in a hot cast iron (you might have one ;?) on wicked high for a fast crust on both sides (couple mins. each side max);
    Into an oven on a rack on top of a baking sheet with some potatoes and onion/greens and your pan juice and scrapings, swimming in a little bouillon below on the rack at 200 degrees until meat is 130 degrees;

Let stand while you make some gravy from the sheet. I'd maybe throw a couple half cut tomatoes in the sheet at the end of the slow roast.

I'd reduce the drippings with butter, even baste that bitch in it half way through with that, maybe add a bit more broth, after removing veg of course, then throw that reduction in a blender thing of your choice with a dollop of sour cream and some horseradish.

You could separate the juice and have au jus and some cream thing on the side, your choice.

Devour. Have a salad with a nice vinaigrette and lick your chop.

Happy Thanksgiving, Mike! There is always something to be thankful for.

You're rich, bitch!

Just kidding, you should definitely sous vide that.

And if the red meat is cooking for you, I'd let it do whatever it wants to.

I’ve got plenty of beets carrots turnips radishes onions potatoes to cook with it.

kale chard and cabbages too

I think you've got the whole package.
    Fuck sushi
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Bday gift from friends this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Epic
    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Last edited by mrswhyturn; 11-27-2019 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

Throw it uncovered on a plate with a light salt sprinkle, preferably elevated, like if you have a rack get it up in the air in there, in the fridge for a day;
    Bring to room temp;
    Season with S&P;
    Sear that in OO in a hot cast iron (you might have one ;?) on wicked high for a fast crust on both sides (couple mins. each side max);
    Into an oven on a rack on top of a baking sheet with some potatoes and onion/greens and your pan juice and scrapings, swimming in a little bouillon below on the rack at 200 degrees until meat is 130 degrees;

Let stand while you make some gravy from the sheet. I'd maybe throw a couple half cut tomatoes in the sheet at the end of the slow roast.

I'd reduce the drippings with butter, even baste that bitch in it half way through with that, maybe add a bit more broth, after removing veg of course, then throw that reduction in a blender thing of your choice with a dollop of sour cream and some horseradish.

You could separate the juice and have au jus and some cream thing on the side, your choice.

You're rich, bitch!

That sounds delish!
    Of course, not sous vide, but yum!
    Gotta try it too (but I’d cut the horseradish... not for my palate...)
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by mrswhyturn View Post
    That sounds delish!
    Of course, not sous vide, but yum!
    Gotta try it too (but I’d cut the horseradish... not for my palate...)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Msg is the wonder drug BTW.
    I'd put some molly in the gravy for extra luvz. But Mike is sober. Otherwise, feel free to add some white wine to the pan and butter. It's going to cook off anyway.

Glad to do a ski town call in show. Anytime.
    I can't thank you enough for the hats. Living in mine.

Msg is the wonder drug BTW.
    I'd put some molly in the gravy for extra luvz. But Mike is sober. Otherwise, feel free to add some white wine to the pan and butter. It's going to cook off anyway.

Glad to do a ski town call in show. Anytime.
    I can't thank you enough for the hats. Living in mine.
    I don’t drink either so I get it.

And I’m glad you love your hats! Yay! I’m still making a bunch cuz now I’m working on Christmas gifts, of course. 🤪 I’ve been living in mine too and even have my messy bun beanie on - literally right now... Hahaha

Cookie Question: Spritz Cookies
    For those that bake this type. I have a cookie press but haven’t found a legit recipe that keeps it’s shape well. I found this recipe on YouTube I think and their batch seemed legit. (Channel: JoyofBaking?)
    How does this look to the bakers in the group? I’m planning on trying it for the holiday but don’t want to waste ingredients if I can help it. And I’m an experienced baker so I have all the gear needed.
    Ingredients:

Spritz Cookies:
    1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
    1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
    2 large egg yolks (32 grams)
    1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
    2 cups (260 grams) all purpose flour, sifted
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Garnish:
    candied cherries, nuts, colored sprinkles or colored sugars or royal icing

Instructions:

Spritz Cookies: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter two baking sheets and place them in the refrigerator to chill while you make the batter.

In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy (2-3 minutes).
    Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
    Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
    Add the flour and salt and beat until you have a well mixed dough.

To Press Cookies:
    Scrape some of the dough into your cookie press that has been fitted with a decorative plate (follow manufacturer's instructions).
    Hold the cookie press perpendicular & evenly to your baking sheet, and press out the cookies. (If you find the dough is too soft, because the shape of the cookies is not clearly defined, then chill the dough.)
    Continue to press out the cookies, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. If desired, decorate the cookies with pieces of candied cherries, nuts, colored sprinkles or colored sugars.

To Pipe Cookies:
    Have ready a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) diameter open star tip.
    Fill the pastry bag about half full, twist the end of the bag to close, and pipe rosettes or stars by holding the pastry bag perpendicular to your baking baking sheet, with the tip almost touching the sheet.
    Squeeze the pastry bag firmly and evenly without moving it until the shape is the desired size. Stop squeezing and push the pastry bag down a little and then lift the pastry bag straight up. Continue to pipe cookies, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.

Bake cookies for about 10 - 14 minutes or just until the edges of the cookies are barely tinged with a light golden brown. Remove from oven and gently transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

In a covered container, these cookies will keep at room temperature for about 10 days or they can be frozen for several months.
    Makes about 30-35 cookies.

Description:

Spritz Cookies, also known as Swedish Butter Cookies or Pressed Butter Cookies, are a very popular Christmas cookie, not only in Scandinavia, but also here in North America.
    They have a lovely sweet and buttery vanilla flavor with a texture that is tender crisp. As their name implies, "Spritz" is German for "spritzen" meaning "to squirt", which is exactly what is done with this cookie dough. By that I mean we make these cookies using a cookie press (gun).
    This device has a cylindrical barrel with an easy-to-squeeze trigger or press, that "squirts" the soft dough through a decorative template giving us all sorts of wonderful looking cookies. You can make wreaths, flowers, trees, rosettes, stars, and stripes, to name a few.
    And while they are delicious plain, they look so pretty when decorated with candied cherries, nuts, colored sprinkles or sugars.

Spritz Cookies contain only a few ingredients: butter, sugar, an egg, vanilla extract, and flour. Some recipes include baking powder, but I find that the cookies maintain their shape better without it. This cookie needs a good unsalted butter and pure vanilla extract (if you want an almond flavor you could add a little pure almond extract). When buying vanilla extract make sure that it's labeled "pure", and stay away from the ones labeled "imitation" vanilla extracts as they are made with synthetic vanilla and leave a bitter after taste.
    When you mix the Spritz dough it is simply a matter of creaming the butter with the sugar, beating in the vanilla extract and egg yolks, and then the flour. The dough needs to be of the right consistency. You want it soft enough so it pushes easily through the cookie press, but not so soft that the shape is not defined. If you find it too soft, then refrigerate the dough for about 15 to 30 minutes.
    Also, it’s best not to use parchment paper on the baking sheets. The cookies adhere better to a buttered baking sheet that has been chilled in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
    And if you do not own a cookie press, you can make these cookies using a pastry bag fitted with an open star tip.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I wish I could KQ you, but I know my limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    ok so I’ve cut way back on red meat

I eat a lot of turkey

I’m alone Thursday and I got this to cook for me - 2# rib off a standing rib roast

how would you do it?

I’ve got great cast iron, a stove and and oven. No grill no sous vide.

Name:	IMG_0587.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	481.8 KB 
ID:	303879
    That really needs to be put in a Annova til 120 and then blasted in a CI pan.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Watcha cookin'?

I wish I could KQ you, but I know my limitations.
    Uhhhh...

Maybe this will help:

https://professionalwifeyutah.wordpr...whipped-cream/

Edit: friends that have made this just use a regular pie crust (their recipe or store bought) and have still loved it. It is way easier since the butter crust is a whole process in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by mrswhyturn View Post
    Uhhhh...

Maybe this will help:

https://professionalwifeyutah.wordpr...whipped-cream/

Edit: friends that have made this just use a regular pie crust (their recipe or store bought) and have still loved it. It is way easier since the butter crust is a whole process in itself.
    I don't like sweets. Thanks though.

Broccoli Pie? 🤣

I made some salted caramel bars last night that could turn you.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Mike's sober, which is a good thing, so no wine, even for cooking. Deglaze with stock or even water. It still works. One day at a time maing.

And that 'steak' is begging for a reverse sear on a screaming hot cast iron. Don't inject a cut like that with garlic. Roast your garlic and eat it on the side.

Yup, reverse sear on that big slab of beef (since you don't have a sous vide cooker). Salt and pepper both sides then into a 300* oven for 7 to 10 minutes. Pull it from the oven and sear both sides in cast iron and you're smiling.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Yup, reverse sear on that big slab of beef (since you don't have a sous vide cooker). Salt and pepper both sides then into a 300* oven for 7 to 10 minutes. Pull it from the oven and sear both sides in cast iron and you're smiling.
    IME, and Kenji would agree, the low temp phase of a reverse sear will take longer than that. After 7-10 minutes a side in a 300 degree oven, that thing will still be cool to the touch, and I bet the internal temp won't have budged more than 5-10 degrees from fridge temp.

Bring to room temp;
    Season with S&P;

You're rich, bitch!

Dayum! That does sound good.

Happy Thanksgiving Mike!
    watch out for snakes