Page 129 of 133 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3308

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

  1. #3201
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fraggle Rock, CO
    Posts
    5,712
    That damned puegot pepper mill is a beast! That's like half a turn worth of pepper. Shit is turbo...

    Name:  20191203_090053-01.jpeg
Views: 411
Size:  92.8 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

  2. #3202
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,187
    98765

  3. #3203
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    15,676
    Getting the hang of this sous vide stuff, I be liking it.
    watch out for snakes

  4. #3204
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    115
    I microwaved a sweet potato for approx. 10 minutes last night and got a good baked sweet potato.

  5. #3205
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,017
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Getting the hang of this sous vide stuff, I be liking it.
    Sous vide an egg.

  6. #3206
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    North Bend, WA
    Posts
    660
    Starting a pork tenderloin by first putting it in a brine, then in a instapot with black pepper, cumin, Bayleaf, paprika, roasted whole cloves garlic, diced apple, dried cranberries, a bit of butter, some sesame oil, soy sauce, and some old eastern nc bbq sauce that my wife made a month ago. I'm going to make garlic and artichoke heart pearl couscous (super easy), and probably just some plain white bread via bread machine. I really need to start making sourdough (I have a standmixer).

    I am excited to start pickling using the pressure cooker aspect of the one pot. My family (kids, wife, and I all love pickles and pickled vegetables). Vingear is my kitchen god.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191207_191344.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	305262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191207_191339.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	305263

    Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

  7. #3207
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Sous vide an egg.
    That might be hard

  8. #3208
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,103
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Sous vide an egg.
    Poached!
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  9. #3209
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,466
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    Starting a pork tenderloin by first putting it in a brine, then in a instapot with black pepper, cumin, Bayleaf, paprika, roasted whole cloves garlic, diced apple, dried cranberries, a bit of butter, some sesame oil, soy sauce, and some old eastern nc bbq sauce that my wife made a month ago. I'm going to make garlic and artichoke heart pearl couscous (super easy), and probably just some plain white bread via bread machine. I really need to start making sourdough (I have a standmixer).

    I am excited to start pickling using the pressure cooker aspect of the one pot. My family (kids, wife, and I all love pickles and pickled vegetables). Vingear is my kitchen god.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191207_191344.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	305262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191207_191339.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	305263

    Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Made some amazing bone broth in my instant pot yesterday. 2 hours and it's the richest broth even. Great collagen.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  10. #3210
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,187
    You chile, cook on!

  11. #3211
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    19,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Made some amazing bone broth in my instant pot yesterday. 2 hours and it's the richest broth even. Great collagen.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Does it taste better if you call it bone broth instead of stock?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  12. #3212
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,466
    Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Does it taste better if you call it bone broth instead of stock?
    Not really. Bit richer from the pressure I assume, but same great taste. Just less time.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  13. #3213
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,475
    Bait ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  14. #3214
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,187
    Running away.

  15. #3215
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
    Posts
    3,270
    I thought bone broth was something else.

  16. #3216
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,187
    Wrong thread.

  17. #3217
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,475
    Anyone have that sous vide pork shoulder sliced into steaks thingy recipe from a few pages ago at their fingertips? Too lazy to search harder than I already did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  18. #3218
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,187
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Anyone have that sous vide pork shoulder sliced into steaks thingy recipe from a few pages ago at their fingertips? Too lazy to search harder than I already did.
    I'm not a sous vide guy, but try this:


  19. #3219
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Anyone have that sous vide pork shoulder sliced into steaks thingy recipe from a few pages ago at their fingertips? Too lazy to search harder than I already did.
    was it this one? This is the one I used, and then I schnitzeled up a couple of those steaks. umm good.


    http://https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/these-pork-steaks-will-change-your-life

  20. #3220
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,475
    Yes!!!! Thank you MM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    was it this one? This is the one I used, and then I schnitzeled up a couple of those steaks. umm good.


    http://https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/these-pork-steaks-will-change-your-life
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  21. #3221
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,475
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'm not a sous vide guy, but try this:

    Looks amazing, but in a whole different ballpark. And I'm allergic to wagyu/kobe/Iberico prices. And I can't afford them.

    That said, I often pull the skirt (think that's what that is) from under spare ribs and grill. Serious yum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  22. #3222
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    15,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    was it this one? This is the one I used, and then I schnitzeled up a couple of those steaks. umm good.


    http://https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/these-pork-steaks-will-change-your-life
    Dang, gotta try that one.
    watch out for snakes

  23. #3223
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    12,347

    Watcha cookin'?

    at least Iíve still got good stuff to cook with

    I bought that Pyrex pot and lid at the thrift store today for$5

    they donít make Ďem anymore


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0672.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	413.3 KB 
ID:	305697

  24. #3224
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    OREYGUN!
    Posts
    13,457
    Prolly cuz they explode.

    (Ask me how I know)

  25. #3225
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    15,676
    Neither of mine have ever exploded in the years I have had them but I did drop the one lid and it broke from that.
    watch out for snakes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •