Page 164 of 173 FirstFirst ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 4325

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

  1. #4076
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    2 hours to Whiteface
    Posts
    242
    A relatively easy one pan meal that far exceeded my expectations.

    Boneless skinless chicken thighs with roasted baby red potatoes, carrots, scallions and garlic cloves. The chicken was drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. The Veges were tossed with the same seasonings combined with 1 TBLS of melted butter and a bit of olive oil. Veges and chicken arranged on a cookie sheet and roasted at 450.

    It came out great. I love chicken thighs, but this simple meal 50 minute, start to table, meal was unexpectedly phenomenal.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  2. #4077
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,792
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Damn okay. I've been doing briskets for a couple years now which I like but I definitely like how that looks more.

    Any tips on buttbuying?

    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    I like big butts. YMMV.

  3. #4078
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I like big butts. YMMV.
    sorry, I've got a lot of dumb meat questions because I was vegetarian for ten years. absolutely love the inspiration in this thread; that one pot chicken and roasted veggies looks amazing.

    right now my repertoire is limited to fish, steak, hamburgers, roasts, and brisket. would love to expand out into pork and chicken, but it's a matter of finding the right recipe and making time for it.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

  4. #4079
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    12,045
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I like big butts. YMMV.
    There's a size that's just right. Too small and you finish too soon, too big and you never finish.

  5. #4080
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,112
    I'm not much of a meat snob. I like the cheap ones. Bone-in is fine. That one was about 4 lbs., from Safeway at $1.99 per. Sometimes I buy them in bulk at a restaurant supply (usually for a little less per lb.), cut them down and freeze.

    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Damn okay. I've been doing briskets for a couple years now which I like but I definitely like how that looks more.

    Any tips on buttbuying?

    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  6. #4081
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,112
    Sheet pan meals FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    A relatively easy one pan meal that far exceeded my expectations.

    Boneless skinless chicken thighs with roasted baby red potatoes, carrots, scallions and garlic cloves. The chicken was drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. The Veges were tossed with the same seasonings combined with 1 TBLS of melted butter and a bit of olive oil. Veges and chicken arranged on a cookie sheet and roasted at 450.

    It came out great. I love chicken thighs, but this simple meal 50 minute, start to table, meal was unexpectedly phenomenal.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  7. #4082
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    12,301
    Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Those pine nuts behind the colander? Grandma always used pine nuts. She made hudge batches of pesto from basil from her garden, then froze them in ice cube trays and stored the cubes in ziplocks in the freezer. You just pull out as many cubes as you need and zap 'em. Boom. Homemade pesto at the ready.
    Yep, pine nuts, garlic, basil, olive oil. I add grated Parmesan and a chopped fresh tomato just before I serve. That’s a great idea about the ice cube tray thing.

  8. #4083
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pagosa Springs CO
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Yep, pine nuts, garlic, basil, olive oil. I add grated Parmesan and a chopped fresh tomato just before I serve. That’s a great idea about the ice cube tray thing.
    I 've been doing the ice cube tray method for a while. It's pretty slick and you never waste any pesto.
    Have you ever tried putting some lemon juice in your pesto?
    It brightens the taste and cuts through all the herbaciousness.

  9. #4084
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,473
    Wife brought home a nice chunk of pork belly from work. Looking for some suggestions on what to do with it? My 2 initial thoughts are pork belly sliders and and Asian style pork belly. I believe its smoked as well.

    Also scored a nice little bit of waygu. Anyone done tar-tar at home? A place we used to frequent had an awesome one with quail egg that we got often and was pretty amazing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200917_185245.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	340596

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

  10. #4085
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    3,024
    boil it.

  11. #4086
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States of Aburdistan
    Posts
    6,786
    Is the sometimes mealy feel of corn at the base of the cob connection because it's undercooked? Rest of the bite of kernels are nice and juicy.....

  12. #4087
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Wife brought home a nice chunk of pork belly from work. Looking for some suggestions on what to do with it? My 2 initial thoughts are pork belly sliders and and Asian style pork belly. I believe its smoked as well.

    Also scored a nice little bit of waygu. Anyone done tar-tar at home? A place we used to frequent had an awesome one with quail egg that we got often and was pretty amazing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200917_185245.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	340596

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    https://houseofnasheats.com/smoked-p...ly-burnt-ends/


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  13. #4088
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    21,406
    big pot of chicken tika masala, gives me 6 dinners to eat post op
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  14. #4089
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    12,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    I 've been doing the ice cube tray method for a while. It's pretty slick and you never waste any pesto.
    Have you ever tried putting some lemon juice in your pesto?
    It brightens the taste and cuts through all the herbaciousness.
    Imma do both those!

  15. #4090
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,184
    Cast iron seared on grill, 9 minutes total, rested, then basted in herb butter prepared this morning.

  16. #4091
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    Cast iron seared on grill, 9 minutes total, rested, then basted in herb butter prepared this morning.
    This looks amazing!

  17. #4092
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    71
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1600400731.452807.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	443.8 KB 
ID:	340610
    I'm finally learning how to bake at higher altitudes... it's soooo different than sea level.

  18. #4093
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswhyturn View Post
    This looks amazing!
    Thank you so much!

  19. #4094
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    10,218
    Can't visit the SFBs w/out bringing some homemade goodies. Smoked salmon for Sheldon and apple pie for the humans

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7189.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	340814

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7190.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	952.6 KB 
ID:	340815
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

  20. #4095
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,112
    yum
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  21. #4096
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    3,910




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  22. #4097
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    10,218
    nice...
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

  23. #4098
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,560
    That mind flayer will think twice before messing with you next time.

  24. #4099
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    868
    Quick smoked sockeye. Both the lemon and the dill are from our garden. Great for meal prepping.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

  25. #4100
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fraggle Rock, CO
    Posts
    6,049
    Stake!

    Name:  20200919_194545-01.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  57.6 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •