Page 72 of 304 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 7597

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Chicken and cheese enchiladas with green chili

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Say chowdah!

This was dinner for me and the lady on Saturday.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180127_172024.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	222457Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180127_172752.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	222458

Breakfast of champions! Toasted wheat bread topped with Anson Mills grits and a pair of perfect sous vide poached eggs.

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Home made panini for lunch. Very quick in a non stick skillet with a lid.

One tomato, fresh mozzarella, wegmans pesto sauce, and one tomato sliced up. Tip, freeze the sliced italian bread before hand.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

The wife's out of town, so tonight was daddy daughter bibimbap night. Put some brown rice in the Instant Pot, quick pickled some carrots and cukes, sauteed some greens with soy, sesame oil, and garlic, seared off some ground turkey with soy, sugar, sesame and garlic, and tossed in some homemade kimchi that's been lurking in the fridge plus a runny egg. Gotta love a meal that's ready in half an hour and has your 7 year old kid devouring spinach, carrots, and brown rice!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bibimbap.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	223274
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Boiled new yorker with velveta.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    The wife's out of town, so tonight was daddy daughter bibimbap night. Put some brown rice in the Instant Pot, quick pickled some carrots and cukes, sauteed some greens with soy, sesame oil, and garlic, seared off some ground turkey with soy, sugar, sesame and garlic, and tossed in some homemade kimchi that's been lurking in the fridge plus a runny egg. Gotta love a meal that's ready in half an hour and has your 7 year old kid devouring spinach, carrots, and brown rice!

Name:	bibimbap.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	223274
    Jam packed with win!

Tossed this bavette steak, (delicious flap meat), on the Egg the other night.

Used it solo, in tacos and in a sammy:

Marinated the chicken tenders with salt, cutie zest, fresh grated ginger & garlic, and guajillo chili. Served it with a big salad dressed with habanero honey mustard.

Name:	20180207_194207-01.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	223652

Even with the vent running full blast it smells like Santa Fe in August in my kitchen.

Name:  20180211_162132-01.jpeg
Views: 237
Size:  76.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BigKuba View Post
    Say chowdah!

Soup looks delish...

Red Sox Suck
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Ribs were ‘qued

Name:	IMG_1457.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	223922
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

So I'm on a diet. I've been eating a lot of vegetables. To mix it up i have been occasionally putting them in broth. Zucchini noodles are a staple. And I've been poaching or steaming lean protein to add as I need. This is an easy and tasty way to put together the exact amount of calories I need for a given meal. Where am I going with this? I'm looking for international inspiration from the various traditions. Some good sources? I am not looking to recreate some dish. I just need to borrow ideas from recipes. Fusion I guess. Faux pho. LOL. At the moment I am not using any oils or thickening agents. Thin and light. Oils will come soon enough. Flour and such will probably stay out forever. So what do you have for recipes I can borrow from?

Are you making your own broth/stock? If not, then you should start yesterday. Cuz it's a game changer. Even the simplest preparations become so much more delicious when you use homemade stock.

Yeah save all of your veggie trimming (and meat bones) in a bag in the freezer rather than compost them. Use a slow cooker to make broth.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I make stock and I buy stock. That's not my question. I am well versed in stock preparation. Although it would be nice if I had a centrifuge... I want pointers to collections of recipes so I can pull out ingredient combos I might not have thought of. I don't even know what I don't know about Pho. I pick on Pho because it's widely known. And it made a nice rhyme... There's a ton of others soups I don't know about. I love the mix and match ones, where you have a basic broth and then add various things to it. What's are the names of them?

Just curious, Riser...why steam or poach the proteins? I’ve heard others doing this and never asked.
    Disclaimer: I could definitely use a diet!
    I tend to grill or roast most proteins with little to no oils or other fats. Anything on a pan/skillet I use fats. Are you doing a cleanse where you are trying to avoid charred proteins? Easier on the digestive track?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I pick on Pho because it's widely known. And it made a nice rhyme...
    Except that Pho is pronounced, "Fuh", so Faux Pho would be pronounced, " Fo Fuh".
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Except that Pho is pronounced, "Fuh", so Faux Pho would be pronounced, " Fo Fuh".
    You're not from around here, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Just curious, Riser...why steam or poach the proteins? I’ve heard others doing this and never asked.
    Disclaimer: I could definitely use a diet!
    I tend to grill or roast most proteins with little to no oils or other fats. Anything on a pan/skillet I use fats. Are you doing a cleanse where you are trying to avoid charred proteins? Easier on the digestive track?
    Avoiding flavor. LOL. Avoiding oils and fats where I can't count the whole dose because I want an exact calories count. So I've been getting my oil from dressings. It doesn't get left on the grill, in a pan, or in the air. And therefore an opportune time to experiment with steaming and poaching.

Not a recipe per se, but you should get a sous vide cooker and do boneless/skinless chicken breasts in it (1-4 hours at 150 degrees, use whatever seasonings you like - s&p, garlic, lemon zest, etc.). They come out as the most perfectly poached chicken every time - super juicy and moist. I do a couple of pounds of them on Sunday and then have them in the fridge to add to things all week.

One good healthy thing I do is make wraps using collard green leaves instead of tortillas. Some of that chicken, some kimchi, and a little avocado is a super satisfying and very tasty lunch that's very low calorie.

Also, Korean bibimbap is a go-to healthy meal for me. Brown rice, some pickled veggies, maybe some chicken or tofu (or whatever meat you like), steamed spinach (with a little soy, garlic, and sesame oil if you're allowed), and crack an egg over the top. I think I posted a pic of it in this thread a few days ago.

And now for something completely different...

Slow roasted crispy ancho chile pork shoulder. Roasted in the oven all day at 250 degrees, then at the end painted it with a mix of honey, soy sauce, ancho chile powder, garlic, and cumin and blasted it at 500 degrees for 15 minutes. Crispy on the outside, meltingly tender inside. Made some killer tacos.

Name:	IMG_2874.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	224220

Action shot, showing it in its pull-apart glory.

Name:	IMG_0763.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	224221

Oh dang. That looks real good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    And now for something completely different...

Slow roasted crispy ancho chile pork shoulder. Roasted in the oven all day at 250 degrees, then at the end painted it with a mix of honey, soy sauce, ancho chile powder, garlic, and cumin and blasted it at 500 degrees for 15 minutes. Crispy on the outside, meltingly tender inside. Made some killer tacos.
    Like, the oven oven? Oh shit, I gotta make me some of that.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!