Page 291 of 304 FirstFirst ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 7597

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

I've heard the talk about kewpie mayonnaise in the past but never bothered to buy a bottle until the other day at h mart. That shit is fire! I'm a believer.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I've heard the talk about kewpie mayonnaise in the past but never bothered to buy a bottle until the other day at h mart. That shit is fire! I'm a believer.
    We are getting an H Mart in SLC soon and people are excited but I'm quite white so I don't know what the fuss is about.

H mart is pretty cool if there isn't an asian market around but SLC has several. I haven't been to an H mart in years so maybe I'm off base but that is my recollection.

I've been stumbling around potato gnocchi for a while but finally found a recipe that works. Dialed in my dough the second time, I'm at the point I need a ricer to improve texture.

We had potato gnocchi with beurre blanc, stirred in green garlic and sorrel after emulsion. Topped with morels. My wife was stoked, kiddo had three gnocchi after his dinner and was upset he couldn't have more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3794.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	461613

Mule deer “tri tip” let it sit in the bbq sauce pictured for 8 hrs, rinse, rub with seasoning pictured, put on BGE at ~600 until ~115 internal, rest.

Having over spinach because I need some greens, but the melt I’m going to make for dinner tomorrow is already making my pants tight

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Bro. Are you sure that’s legal? That looks too good to be legal.

You might wanna whip up a garlic butter jalapeño sauce for dipping to throw the cops off.

Fucking pigs are all over these parts. Just sniffing for rad meats.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It's funny. I live in Japan and hated mayonnaise when I lived in the states. I've been here for 19 years and have ignored it in the fridge. Then Sam the Cooking Guy went on rants about how rad it was so I was like-- "Wait, it's different?" So I tried it and I love it. It is different. It's just squeezable, processed fat. Coat bread with it and fry it. It crisps up like butter.

Watcha cookin'?

Been wanting to get some kewpie mayo for a bit but our normal grocery stores don’t have it. Gonna have to take a trip to the specialty places.

Made my first calzones the other night with leftover stuff from pizza earlier in the week. Holy cow that’s good. Had some garlic butter leftover as well that I brushed on top that was fuckin’ money.

Name:	IMG_1385.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	183.4 KB 
ID:	461840

Made some lemon/butter/caper salmon last night with asparagus and garlic mashed.

Name:	IMG_1386.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	258.6 KB 
ID:	461841

+1 on the home made calzones (and yours look great), so under rated.

You didn't brush mayonnaise on the calzones?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You didn't brush mayonnaise on the calzones?
    Is that a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Is that a thing?
    Dunno, read the post directly above you calzone post.

No question, mayo makes a better grilled cheese / patty melt than butter. More consistent browning and easier application also. Dunno about calzones but I'm gonna try it out next time I make some for sure.

edit: If you're not brushing chicken breasts and pork chops with mayo before seasoning and grilling them you're missing out for sure. Great grill marks. Great seasoning adhesion. Great kiss of extra fat. And don't even get me started about mayo on the elote...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

No question, mayo makes a better grilled cheese / patty melt than butter. More consistent browning and easier application also. Dunno about calzones but I'm gonna try it out next time I make some for sure.
    That's the spirit!!!

Watcha cookin'?

Next time you grill firm fish filets, mix some mayo, salt, choice of spices and a good dollop of sesame oil. Spread liberally on fish and grill. Mayo melts and leaves the spice and oil flavors. Fish stays moist.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Name:	AE3555C5-8ACD-4796-BD86-7B796B008022.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	638.7 KB 
ID:	461938

quinoa with pan fried garlic, shiitake, lacinata kale and fire roasted tomatoes. capers added to the boiling broth after the above. topped with avocado quarters and szechan sauce (not pictured)

gorged for two evenings. no animals harmed

Name:	3EE9BFC0-8107-44CD-BCCD-444C26875B0B.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	520.7 KB 
ID:	461939

previous evenings' light-fare quickie. same pan fried ingredents, topped with beet/garlic hummus and red onion.

Name:	IMG_3721.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	461940
    Holy smoked brisket Batman
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Next time you grill firm fish filets, mix some mayo, salt, choice of spices and a good dollop of sesame oil. Spread liberally on fish and grill. Mayo melts and leaves the spice and oil flavors. Fish stays moist.
    In!

That has me wondering about using a sauce/rub like that for smoked salmon. Bro... I bet that would be sticky fire.

I don't think I get the time to test it this weekend, but will soon and will report back. Probably worthy of a TR.

Not sure it would be good for smoked salmon. Really for grilling on a hot fire. But then, I’ve never made smoked salmon, so WTF do I know?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

No cookin' involved, but this was delicious:

Name:  sammy1.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  52.5 KB

Watcha cookin'?

Bro— ever made cheesy cream sauce hot wings? You should.

Butter, flour, start a white sauce. Add cheese and milk. Make it thick. Add some red pepper, make it spicy. Boom. Toss your wings.

Absurd.

Name:	Image1686947745.545735.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	462065

Name:	Image1686948012.691624.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	462066

Of course there’s ginger, garlic, and all the other usual suspects in there. But the point is creamy, cheesy hot sauce. I ate so much I couldn’t sleep.

This gone after you've cooked the wings?

Oh my. Looks right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    No cookin' involved, but this was delicious:

Name:  sammy1.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  52.5 KB
    nice presentation !
    (even after i realized it wasn't all sitting on a flour tortilla

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    nice presentation !
    (even after i realized it wasn't all sitting on a flour tortilla
    It was on a homemade sourdough ciabatta. And I had to add a drizzle of balsamic because the tomatoes were kinda garbage.