Page 162 of 304 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 7597

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Dammit - you have a preferred recipe for this picatta or do you just wing it?

Last night I winged a pasta with shrimp, cherry tomatoes, and herbs. Turned out really tasty.

Tonight I think we're going to do fondue on the back deck, because why the hell not?
    +1 for the recipe, i want to make this now!!

i'm doing beer cooler sous vide steaks tonight - nothing fancy but one of my favorites!

Just kind of wing it. Based of a recipe I read somewhere a while back. It's pretty simple. I did mine with breasts but imagine thighs would work as well. I butterflied the breast so they they were thin and then cut them in half. Seasoned them well with S & P and dredged them in flour. put two tablespoons EVO and 2 tbls butter in my cast iron when it started to sizzle a bit I put in 4 of the chicken pieces and and cooked on mediumish heat until both sides were browned. I added two more Tbs EVO and butter and repeated it with the remaining chicken pieces. I removed and set them aside. Added about 1/3 cup lemon juice to the pan. I used all the juice from 4 smallish lemons and the the zest from one. It was a bit strong on the lemon but I liked it that way. Added 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/4 cup of rinsed capers. Brought it up to temp while scraping up all the goodness from the bottom of the pan.. I wanted the sauce to thicken just a bit so I stirred in just a small amount (maybe a teaspoon) of flour mixed with just a bit of water. Put the chicken back in for a few minutes and removed from the heat. After resting for a few minutes i finished it by melting two more Tablespoons of of butter into the sauce and spooning it over the top of the chicken. Have also done it with a little bit of fresh thyme put in as well but I like it better without. Simple and very good.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    It's pretty simple. I did mine with breasts but imagine thighs would work as well. I butterflied the breast so they they were thin and then cut them in half. Seasoned them well with S & P and dredged them in flour. put two tablespoons EVO and 2 tbls butter in my cast iron when it started to sizzle a bit I put in 4 of the chicken pieces and and cooked on mediumish heat until both sides were browned. I added two more Tbs EVO and butter and repeated it with the remaining chicken pieces. I removed and set them aside. Added about 1/3 cup lemon juice to the pan. I used all the juice from 4 smallish lemons and the the zest from one. It was a bit strong on the lemon but I liked it that way. Added 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/4 cup of rinsed capers. Brought it up to temp while scraping up all the goodness from the bottom of the pan.. I wanted the sauce to thicken just a bit so I stirred in just a small amount (maybe a teaspoon) of flour mixed with just a but of water. Put the chicken back in for a few minutes and removed from the heat. After resting for a few minutes i finished it by melting two more Tablespoons of of butter into the sauce and spooning it over the top of the chicken.
    sorry i actually need you to tell me three pages of the banalities of your week, including what your grommet said to his third grade teacher, otherwise i can't follow your recipe.

just kidding, that sounds great - the next time we have chicken we're totally making that!!

I can go on if you want?
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

I add shallots, parsley, and white wine.

It's dead easy and works well with pounded pork (and of course veal) cutlets too.

Flour the meat and fry in OO and pull it out. Sauté onions/shallots/garlic or any combo thereof. Deglaze with white wine and lots of lemon juice (zest adds more flavor if you like lemon-y), throw in your capers and parsley, return meat to the pan and coat. Voila!

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    +1 for the recipe, i want to make this now!!

i'm doing beer cooler sous vide steaks tonight - nothing fancy but one of my favorites!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Took me an extra day to do sous vide steaks but here we are. Beer cooler sous vide + Costco prime ribeye + garden garlic & rosemary for the win. A classic Mai Tai to finish everything off.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

That is really, really nice
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Looks great. I've read (but not experienced) yah fresh garlic can do weird chemical shit when used in a sous vide prep and that garlic powder vs. fresh is recommended. Anything odd about flavors after using the fresh garlic?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Looks great. I've read (but not experienced) yah fresh garlic can do weird chemical shit when used in a sous vide prep and that garlic powder vs. fresh is recommended. Anything odd about flavors after using the fresh garlic?
    I've never had a problem with fresh garlic - one of my favorite parts is eating the whole clove after frying it with the steak. I pretty much always follow the same recipe too; sous vide at 134 degrees for one hour, pan sear on both sides, add in the aromatics and finish in butter. Plus I just love fresh garlic...

I've been roasting whole heads of garlic lately and just tossing them on the table with the rest of the stuff. I have these tiny little dinner forks, probably for escargot or similar, that are perfect for retrieving the individual cloves. I used to make one head at a time but everyone started fighting over them so now I do 2. Quick slice on top to expose the cloves then wrap the bottoms in foil so they don't burn on the grill and douse in olive oil and a touch of salt. Everyone loves them...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I've been roasting whole heads of garlic lately and just tossing them on the table with the rest of the stuff. I have these tiny little dinner forks, probably for escargot or similar, that are perfect for retrieving the individual cloves. I used to make one head at a time but everyone started fighting over them so now I do 2. Quick slice on top to expose the cloves then wrap the bottoms in foil so they don't burn on the grill and douse in olive oil and a touch of salt. Everyone loves them...
    yep, we commonly do the same. i love roasting them until they're the consistency of cream cheese, and then spreading on bread.

mrs tgapp is russian, which beyond the obvious fascist implications, also means that a meal is not a meal without an abundance of garlic. if a recipe calls for 4 cloves of garlic, you better believe we're putting in 12.

I actually discovered a quicker way to do that with garlic - I separate the cloves (but keep them in the skin) and toss them in a pan with a little olive oil. They'll roast and get nice and mushy in about 15 minutes this way. In the oven, it usually took an hour to get a whole head roasted.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Super curious about this. Very badass and reminds me of Jim Harrison writing years ago about making bear head cheese.

Does it smell gamey? I've never sniffed or eaten bear.

How the heck fo you get it off the bone after curing? Is the finished meat soft enough even cured?

Cool project, man.
    I'm also super curious about how this turns out. A friend of mine shot a black bear a few years back. We made some bear sausage. It was good. I wouldn't describe it as gamey so much as rich. It was the sort of thing where half a sausage was enough because it was such an intense flavor. I like it a lot but my wife didn't care for it.

Okra!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200828_190645-01.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	338408

I'm a fan of the slimy critters. Local place does a 'blistered' okra. Split and sauteed in oil and smoked paprika. No breading. Not my pic.

Thai stir fry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Okra!

Name:	20200828_190645-01.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	338408
    Looks amazing!! Did you grow it or buy it? I love okra; definitely thinking about adding it to the garden next year.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I put a couple plants in but they didn't produce jack so these were from the farmers market. Anyone else have much luck growing okra along the front range? I've tried 3 times and the plants never seen to get large enough to produce more than a few pods.

Lamb chops!

Name:	20200831_194034-01.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	338916

^^solidly delicious looking

That's rustic country cooking at it's finest.

Name:	IMG_3748.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	256.0 KB 
ID:	338957

Our Fresno chili plant is going nuts so I made a batch of garlic chili oil.

Name:	IMG_3750.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	338959

And BLTs with fresh tomatoes from garden.

Name:	IMG_3754.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	304.3 KB 
ID:	338958

yum - I made a bunch of fermented hot sauce with a ton of peppers my friend gave me

anyone sous vide in an Instant Pot?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

My basil plant went huge this year, so I’m fixing a ton of pesto.

Name:	88C0A08C-A95B-40C6-BB75-250C19AE6DD8.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	679.6 KB 
ID:	339101