Page 122 of 304 FirstFirst ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 7597

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2199.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	299813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2267.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	299814
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Shriveled small sausage. Sounds like date night at digitaldeath’s basement
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    anyone cooking with mayo?

i had no idea

from the NYT
    https://nyti.ms/2BRPFPX
    Oh yeah, it works sweet. My favorite is this shake and bake pork chop recipe from cooks country. For a little extra flavor, I like to use the rye melba toast....

You can make a bunch of these up ahead of time and wrap them up in plastic and freeze them. They take them out of the freezer and in 25 minutes you have dinner ready to go.

If you want to get fancy, you can add a slice of Swiss cheese and a slice of ham underneath the mayonnaise and breading for a pork chop Cordon Blue.

I love this recipe.

Quick and Crunchy Pork Chops (Cooks Illustrated)

Quick and Crunchy Pork Chops
    Serves 4
    For a substantial crust, don't break up the Melba toasts too much, and coat the chops well with mayonnaise. Although an instant-read thermometer takes the guesswork out of determining when the meat is done, you can use the "nick-and-peek" method: Use a paring knife to make a slit in the top of the pork chop and take a look at the meat's interior. The Melba crumbs can be made weeks in advance and stored in the freezer. Applesauce is a natural with these chops.
    1 (5-ounce) box Melba toast , broken into rough pieces
    1/2 teaspoon table salt
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/8 teaspoon sugar
    6 tablespoons mayonnaise
    4 center-cut boneless pork chops, 3/4 inch to 1 inch thick (each 6 to 7 ounces), patted dry with paper towels
    1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Place Melba toast pieces, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, thyme, and sugar in heavy-duty zipper-lock freezer bag. Seal bag and pound with heavy blunt object (such as a rolling pin) until Melba toasts are crushed but still have some crumbs the size of small pebbles. Add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise to bag and work mayonnaise evenly into crumb mixture by gently squeezing outside of bag. Transfer Melba crumb mixture to large plate.
    2. Using your fingers, coat 1 chop with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise. Transfer to plate with Melba crumbs, sprinkle top of pork chop with some Melba mixture, and press down firmly on chop to adhere crumbs. Flip chop and repeat, making sure that thick layer of crumbs coats both sides and edges. Transfer breaded pork chop to baking rack set over rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chops.
    3. Bake pork chops until juices run clear and instant-read thermometer inserted into center of chop registers 145 to 150 degrees, 16 to 22 minutes. Remove chops from oven and let rest on rack for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.

Made some fridge/garden garbage nachos. Feed the local bar population well

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

High of 35 today. Time to make some white bean chicken chili.

Name:	20191029_144148.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	299990
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Chili should not have beans or chicken, nor should it be white.

with that said, sounds f'n delicious.

Those peppers look tasty.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    High of 35 today. Time to make some white bean chicken chili.

Name:	20191029_144148.jpeg 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	299990
    What is your recipe? I was just pondering making the same thing.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

White Chicken Chili

SERVES 6 to 8

WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
    We found not one but three solutions to bland chicken chili recipes: To fix watery sauce, we pureed some of our sautéed chile-onion mixture and beans with the broth to thicken the base. To avoid floating bits of rubbery chicken, we browned, poached, and shredded bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, which gave our chicken pieces a hearty texture and full flavor. And to solve the problem of insufficient chile flavor, we used a trio of fresh chiles: jalapeño, poblano, and Anaheim.

INGREDIENTS
    3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves, trimmed of excess fat and skin
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    3 medium jalapeño chiles
    3 poblano chiles (medium), stemmed, seeded, and cut into large pieces
    3 Anaheim chile peppers (medium), stemmed, seeded, and cut into large pieces
    2 medium onions, cut into large pieces (2 cups)
    6 medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 2 tablespoons)
    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
    2 (14.5-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
    3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
    3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
    ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
    4 scallions, white and light green parts sliced thin

BEFORE YOU BEGIN

Adjust the heat in this dish by adding the minced ribs and seeds from the jalapeño as directed in step 6. If Anaheim chiles cannot be found, add an additional poblano and jalapeño to the chili. This dish can also be successfully made by substituting chicken thighs for the chicken breasts. If using thighs, increase the cooking time in step 4 to about 40 minutes. Serve chili with sour cream, tortilla chips, and lime wedges.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook without moving until skin is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Using tongs, turn chicken and lightly brown on other side, about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate; remove and discard skin.

2. While chicken is browning, remove and discard ribs and seeds from 2 jalapeños; mince flesh. In food processor, process half of poblano chiles, Anaheim chiles, and onions until consistency of chunky salsa, ten to twelve 1-second pulses, scraping down sides of workbowl halfway through. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Repeat with remaining poblano chiles, Anaheim chiles, and onions; combine with first batch (do not wash food processor blade or workbowl).

3. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from Dutch oven (adding additional vegetable oil if necessary) and reduce heat to medium. Add minced jalapeños, chile-onion mixture, garlic, cumin, coriander, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, about 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat.

4. Transfer 1 cup cooked vegetable mixture to now-empty food processor workbowl. Add 1 cup beans and 1 cup broth and process until smooth, about 20 seconds. Add vegetable-bean mixture, remaining 2 cups broth, and chicken breasts to Dutch oven and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until chicken registers 160 degrees (175 degrees if using thighs) on instant-read thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes (40 minutes if using thighs).

5. Using tongs, transfer chicken to large plate. Stir in remaining beans and continue to simmer, uncovered, until beans are heated through and chili has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.

6. Mince remaining jalapeño, reserving and mincing ribs and seeds (see note above), and set aside. When cool enough to handle, shred chicken into bite-sized pieces, discarding bones. Stir shredded chicken, lime juice, cilantro, scallions, and remaining minced jalapeño (with seeds if desired) into chili and return to simmer. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper and serve.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Yummmmm

But thighs please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Just say no to canned beans.

Not so! Canned beans are far superior to what they used to be. Optical sorters and whatnot...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Hahaha. That recipe is literally on my shopping list for Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Rinsing canned beans removes 95% of the farts... learned that two years ago and it’s been life changing....

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Rinsing canned beans removes 95% of the farts... learned that two years ago and it’s been life changing....

Where's the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Where's the fun in that?
    This.

Dried beans have a better texture and consistency. They're also more resilient (granted, that can be a good or bad thing depending on the dish), but for something like Red Beans and Rice, dry beans are not optional.

I get the same type of flatulence from all beans: splendid.

Tucking in!

Name:	20191029_190406.jpeg 
Views:	125 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	300062

Chicken-andouille sausage gumbo. Too bad I can't eat it until tomorrow cuz ya gotta allow it to stew overnight. Haven't made this in about a year, so no longer remember the fart coefficient.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_20191029_193053.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	278.9 KB 
ID:	300075  
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I always vote for a sample bowl before final stewing, as long as everything is cooked. Green chili being a prime example. Always different day after, always good night of cooking.

Morning was recycling my half sour brine with some protein, evening is a very big pot of gravy and meatballs.

Winter is comi... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191030_180235124-01.jpg 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	300272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191030_180858928-01.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	300273
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

you forgot to call me.

Tucking in!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Venison and sausage lasagna. Food coma in a few minutes

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Slow cooker clam chowda and chili tonight.

And a couple bone in ribeyes for good measure.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/30/aus...www.cnn.com%2F

Now I know why I like Sriracha so much.

Tucking in!

Oooh, the pepitas are a nice touch. Going to do something like this this weekend.