Page 10 of 304 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    tamale bowtie ftmfw.

olives in the bourbon tho???
    It was quite a sight. All 4 of my kids were running a tamale assembly line, even the 2yo was helping. What do they say, many hands make light work?

That thar is the last bit of the mini Manhattan I was finishing up before we sat down to eat. So yeah, them's cherries.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    That's a happy skillet right there
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    I'm with you. A friend took Owen to McDonald's. We don't eat that shit.
    We can't let my mom in law watch our little one, because we know she would end up taking him to McDonald's. They live on that garbage.

How do people live eating that shit?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

with very smelly shits

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    How do people live eating that shit?
    Hungover

some badass cooks up in here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Pork butt hitting the Egg in about 15 min.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Made Chili Verde tonight because of this thread. It was good but a little too smoky for my tastes - over roasted the veggies a bit and used one too many chipotle peppers.
    Chipotles in chili verde? To each their own, but IMHO chili verde should only use green chiles (hence the name). Chipotles belong in a bowl of red.

There's nothing wrong with the occasional visit to McDoo's (every few months, for example). Anything that is strictly forbidden will just make kids want it more. Same reason that I'm not opposed to the occasional cotton candy/funnel cakes/etc. at the ballpark or county fair. Kids gotta live a little too.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Watcha cookin'?

Chipotles are more kosher than the tomatoes, Monterey Jack and flour tortillas mentioned by the gringos earlier

Edit in all seriousness I'm a fan of fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Try skipping the bay leaf and use some Mexican oregano.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Chipotles in chili verde? To each their own, but IMHO chili verde should only use green chiles (hence the name). Chipotles belong in a bowl of red.

There's nothing wrong with the occasional visit to McDoo's (every few months, for example). Anything that is strictly forbidden will just make kids want it more. Same reason that I'm not opposed to the occasional cotton candy/funnel cakes/etc. at the ballpark or county fair. Kids gotta live a little too.
    I use a Chipotle (smoked Jalapeno) instead of a fresh Jalapeno - I like the bit of smoky flavor it adds. The ones I had were really small so I used 2 - should have stuck with one. Still used Anaheim and Poblano (sold as Pasilla here in DC )chiles (1lb each) and 2 lbs of fresh tomatillos.

I think epazote is good in Verde too, but it's always easy to find. Really enjoy using ripe (red) jalapenos when I can get them or when they're in the garden

Hard to beat 9lbs of pulled pork for 12-13 bucks. Going to make enchiladas out of it tonight.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

^^^ Never thought of that. Great idear though. Might do a shoulder on Sunday just for the heck of it since it's still so cheap at King's right now.

just saw that, 1.49/lb. Hmmm....
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Chicken fried elk, egg noodles, leftover mushroom gravy from last weeks crockpot short ribs and a salad. A bottle of Marietta Old Vine Red to go with. Sadly, no bourbon after dinner drinks. We're trying to be grown ups this year.

Going strong on 3rd round of leftovers

Amalgam of the recipes higher up this thread and some tips from here

Nice^

roast chicken in the cast iron. pretty easy and tasty.

http://www.thekitchn.com/jennifer-reeses-162372

Recently if I buy lunch on the hill I've been getting sw chicken soup and cornbread so I thought I would make my own and hopefully save some money. Tonight was attempt number 2 at the cornbread, I used half all purpose flour and half barley flour and upped the amount of sugar to 3/4 of a cup. Pretty happy with the results, I'm new to baking and this is my first loaf that has turned out. The middle of my loaf didn't rise as well as the sides and is sagging since I took it out of the oven, what can I do to help this? and I have some peppers and onion for the next loaf, any other suggestions to spice up cornbread?

the next step is homemade chicken stock

How do you like your cornbread?

Also, post in the ask a baker thread

Tastes like cornbread to me. Going to pick up some sort of jam/preserves tomorrow to aid in further testing.

Baked rigatoni with italian sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Baked rigatoni with italian sausage

that's a home run if it tastes as good as it looks!

Cuban style Picadillo with pork/beef/lamb mix (leftover from making meatballs) and arroz amarillo. Cheddar cheese cauliflower cakes on the side.