SJDS/Remanso Accomodation?

Planning a short trip to SJDS mid November and would like to spend a week within walking distance of the Remanso break... Anything online is 90-100/night and usually caters to larger groups. Not looking for anything fancy, No AC, just need private room and somewhere to prep food. From what I remember something could be found pretty easily in SJDS for around $20 (double occupancy) Is it just a matter of showing up in El Sucio and finding the place(es) not listed online? Or is the only available accommodation on the higher end of things?

From what I recall board rentals run $10, is this still the case?
    Last edited by iski123; 10-05-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Don't know of any $20/night double occ places. Maybe the hostels? In Remanso, there's a hotel at the south end, beach front, with little cabinas. I think they were around $40/night. Very reasonable, but really takes a toll if you run into town to party. Also, not sure why you would want to be walking distance to Remanso, unless you're surfing another beach nearby, and want to hit it daily? It won't be consistent in November.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

If I was staying out there, I'd try to get accommodation at the surf camp in playa Hermosa. Waves at your front door. Beautiful spot. Remansa never seemed like a great place to stay

Hhmmmm I guess my plan was based on incomplete information. I was there in mid November 2013. spent a day at Remanso and a day at Maderas....at the times I was there remanso seemed more like a place I'd like to go back to. Main attraction for me is the morning/evening surfing while the shuttle folk aren't there. Hermosa looks like a good bet... but (based on reviews) it sounds like the hotel is overpriced and all round a terrible establishment, though they do offer a shuttle of sorts, maybe spend days in town eating cheaper food and and evenings/mornings in the waves when no one else is there.

It almost looks like walking distance between Remanso and Hermosa.... is that the area with all the muggings featured in another post here?

Yeah, you can walk over the headlands, but it would be a bad idea with a surfboard and a huge, mountainous trek at that ...

The roads in this area are not good to walk or ride bikes on in the evening time, as dudes with machetes have been known to ask for money ...

I stayed in town and got shuttles to whatever beach looked good that day.

Playa Maderas has the most developed hotel / hostel area and even a campground FYI

It's also arguably the most crowded but best break in the area

I've hung out at the Hermosa surf camp and it seemed pretty rugged and awesome. Not sure about the cost though

Also, if you want to party with tons of 20 year-old Australians, see tits and ass aplenty, AND get shuttles to the beach, stay here http://www.thenakedtigerhostel.com/getnaked/?page_id=22