Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Puyehue - A TR in hashtag form, with translation

Prologue:

During our trip to SA this year I enjoyed a lot of social media stoke, particularly five million different angles of someone skiing the super C in Portillo. However, it can be difficult to correctly understand the forcibly abbreviated form of storytelling that happens on instagram. I'd like to use our trip to Puyehue to provide an annotated guide for the interpretation of hashtags for anyone facing a similar struggle. Note that you obviously don't want to post that many pictures at once, I'm just doing it to demonstrate appropriate use of short captions and hashtags. Normally you would post one or two a day for as long as possible, you can let your fans know with a status like so: 'Good to be back home but I'm excited to keep sharing images of our latest expedition with you all <3 '
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stoked to return to Puyehue with a stellar crew! Park entry sure has gotten expensive since the filmcrews stopped by. #adventure #skitheandes #humanpoweredadventure #neverstopexploring #adventurealways #noshortcuts #getoutstayout #outdoorculture @downskis @pieps

We are going to ski Puyehue volcano, which is that volcano with the big crater that was in All I Can and that one Salomon Freeski TV episode. I want you to know that not only have I been here before, I was here before those movies came out and everyone heard about this place. I am that cool. Someone gave me some free gear so now I will tag them in every picture I ever take.

Beautiful afternoon for a hike! #beautyofnature #insta_animals #dusk #wanderlust #skitheandes @downskis @pieps

I took a picture of a cow.

No pain no gain! Feels good to work the muscles. #strong #training #trail #humanpoweredadventure #earnyourturns #neverstopexploring #adventurealways #noshortcuts #getoutstayout #outdoorculture @downskis @pieps

The hike up to the hut sucks and this trail sucks and I hate carrying my skis. I'm also kind of bitter because those guys in the movies had horses for this.

Views for days! Love the evening light. #blessed #liveauthentic #sunset #mountainview #mountainculture #mountain #skitheandes #volcano

Fuck it's getting dark. Hurry up or we wont find the fucking hut. Fuck this fucking backpack.

Moments like these... <3 #adventure #blessed #earnyourturns #friends #humanpoweredadventure #liveauthentic #livesimply #skitheandes

Thank god, we made it just in time, I can see the hut. (Last time we didn't find it in the dark and bivvied in the meadow, 100 meters next to the hut.) I think I'm going to collapse now.
    Oh hey, that's a neat sunset.

Dinnertime with @foodforadventure! Foto @freak #cabinlife #hutlife #livesimply #liveauthentic #adventure #skitheandes #friends #mountainhouse #trainmeaneatclean

We are so rad that we got a shop to give us a few freeze-dried meals. That makes this a legit expedition. We told them we'd take some pictures of authentic outdoor living that they can put on their facebook. We forgot to take the toilet paper out of the shot.

The Veg and Rice Curry was pretty good.

You are the sum of your choices. It feels good to wake up far away from civilization, with only your best friends and the mighty presence of mother nature to keep you company and continuously inspire you. Life is for living. crap diem. #howdidigethere #outthere #keepitwild #blessed #liveauthentic #skitheandes #adventurealways #humanpoweredadventure #earnyourturns

Couldn't think of a good caption for this. I'm happy I don't work a 9 to 5 job with a shitty commute so I'll be vaguely smug about how centered and connected to nature I am because of my lifestyle choices.

Oh crap, fucking auto correct. How do you edit instagram captions?

Love the sound of skins gliding along, so peaceful! #skitheandes #adventurealways #humanpoweredadventure #earnyourturns #skitouring #backcountry

This is a really flat volcano.

It's not always easy but once you're on top you forget the struggle. Stay true to your dreams! #perseverance #lovenature #humanpowered #getoutstayout #skitheandes #adventurealways #humanpoweredadventure #earnyourturns

This actually was pretty easy, and flat. Are you inspired yet?

Scoping lines, about to drop into the crater! UNREAL! #amazing #crater #steepskiing #skitheandes #shred #shredpow #powder #humanpoweredadventure #earnyourturns

I'm sure everyone who comes here takes this picture. Damn pretty place. Shame the snow is completely bulletproof, we're definitely not skiing that stuff in the background.

While the boys had a @foodforadventure lunch, the chicas did an impromptu partner yoga sesh in the volcano. Glad to have @friend along for sillyness like this and girltalk! Pic: @freak #mountaingirls #yogagirls #outdoorwomen #radwomen

Did you realize I am a woman? I am a woman. My friend is also a woman. We did this because we knew it would look cool.

Challenges are the spice of life! Sometimes it's good to scare yourself a little, you might be surprised what you are capable of! Pic: @freak #mountaingirls #radgirls #radwomen #outdoorwomen #alpinebabes #steepskiing #humanpoweredadventure #earnyourturns #radgirlslife #radgirlscollective #radgirlsclub

Wow, that last post got a ton of likes. I should use more hashtags that tell people I am a woman. The snow really sucked but we tried to ski anyway after taking a million pictures of everyone hanging out in the crater.
    Last edited by klar; 10-04-2015 at 03:54 AM.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

We got to shred pow inside a volcano!! How crazy is that? Pic: @freak #powder #shred #skigirls #mountaingirls #radgirls #radwomen #outdoorwomen #alpinebabes #radgirlslife #radgirlscollective #radgirlsclub

This was not powder. You can see my tracks because I scraped some ice off more ice.

@roberteberli killed it! Slaying pow inside a volcano, incredible experience! #shred #pow #gnar #spine #freshtracks #epic

This was also not powder. Glad we were shooting photos and not film, snow was largely really terrible. Three of us went skiing, two stayed at the bottom of the crater, chilling in the sun. Probably the better choice.

Making our way back out of the crater, tired but stoked after slaying amazing powder spines! #shred #pow #gnar #spine #freshtracks #epic #earnyourturns #humanpoweredadventure

Making our way out of the crater, tired but stoked because it was pretty fun even though the snow sucked.

Have you noticed how we manage these incredible feats without the use of helicopters or snowmobiles? Thats what the humanpoweredadventure hashtag is for.

@marius slashes a high speed pow turn above the hut, gotta love volcano skiing! #shred #pow #gnar #spine #freshtracks #epic #earnyourturns #humanpoweredadventure

Surprisingly good snow in a zone of about 50 vertical meters on the way back to the hut. That is not a spine. I'm kind of getting tired of this and my hashtags are uninspired here.

Chilling in the sun looking back up at the incredible peak we just skied, about to settle down for another cozy night in the cabin. What more do you need? #simplepleasures #liveauthentic #livesimply #hutlife #cabinlife #keepitwild #outthere

That was fun but a shower would be nice right now.

Witnessed a magnificent bird of prey have dinner from the front door of the hut, incredible experience!! Nature is so beautiful, really shows you how the circle of life is all around us! #wildlife #beautyofnature #wildlifephotography #blessed #bird #circleoflife

There was a group here a couple of days before us and they left a bunch of weird food. There was a big chunk of slimy, rotting sausage and we threw it out. The bird ate it.

Another great dinner, love the variety of @foodforadventure! #simplepleasures #liveauthentic #livesimply #hutlife #cabinlife #keepitwild #outthere

I hope the guy gives us some more freeze dried food, that stuff is expensive. Can someone take the toilet paper off the table already?!

Epic sunset to see us off, I'll post a little series! #sunset #alpenglow #epic #mountainview #amazing #blessed

Epic sunset to see us off, second version! #sunset #alpenglow #epic #mountainview #amazing #blessed

Epic sunset to see us off, third version! #sunset #alpenglow #epic #mountainview #amazing #blessed

That was a pretty cool sunset.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

klar is hip as fuck

#liveauthentic ftw
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Two of my favorite things: good Sunday morning coffee and an excellent TR on TGR

Nice. Thanks for posting. Entertaining all around.
    Uno mas

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    #creamrisestothetop
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Enjoyed that, thx!

Well done and hilarious!

Love the photos.

Still think hashtags are annoying. Maybe I'll try one out one day.

I LOL'd

#original

Rad.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Awesome TR, and excellent parody of vapid hashtag use

#loveit

#werethosehashtagsajokeoramireallylame
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

#soexcellent #socialmediatakedownzzz #thatskiingdoeslookshitty #officemateswonderingwhysomuchlaughter #TPSreports #realtalk #awesome

Fantastic. Thankyou!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    This was not powder. You can see my tracks because I scraped some ice off more ice.
    The real deal is always better than the vamped up, overblown story that glosses over the more interesting details. We all love perfect weather and conditions but some of my best memories are from days that didn't go exactly as planned. Thanks for the great TR as always.

Great TR. I was in Puyehue one year ago today! What an awesome place. #radtrip #gnarpoints #giantballs #skiingintocratersisthebeesknees #itsactuallyacalderaandnotacrater

nice TR, also I had a giggle. are you a woman? TIL crap diem autocorrects to deep down.

great pics and commentary made me lol
    skid luxury

Fucking awesome.

#makinglemonade #welldoneKlar
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Awesome Klar.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Not a single selfie ! What kind of TR doesn't have a selfie in this day and age?

Nice TR, I've got to get back to South America.