Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gordycamp 2016

Gordycamp 2016

Dates are posted for Jan and Feb.

http://www.straightlineadventures.com/altabird_camp.php

I'm in for Feb, looking to share condo with ToraToraTora and any other mags.
    We normally do something ski in/out and share meals/booze, bit cheaper than Cliff.

If you've been on the fence, do it, always a great time and money well spent to improve.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Just popping in to say this camp is totally worthwhile.

I went a few years back, had a few "aha" moments, and am still focusing on correcting some of the the things the coaches noticed.

Gordy, Brant, Wheeler, and crew will find ways to improve your skiing, no matter how good you are....

I'd love to go again, but the exchange rate takes it out of my reach this year.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Gordy's camps are worth every penny - and his cost is much lower than every other freeskiing camp out there.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    gordie hooked me up w/ a spot at a camp a few years ago
    if your'e on the fence due to budget restraints you are welcome to crash at the casa of bum near the mouth of lcc
    for the jan camp
    We'll be outtta town for the feb camp depending on who we find to watch the furkid and crib feb. lodging could be possible then too
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I would be down for February. Bachelor's home so PM me if you're coming to Bend.

Quote Originally Posted by whacked View Post
    I would be down for February. Bachelor's home so PM me if you're coming to Bend.
    I will be there both Feb and March to ski Bach and will do... Been doing at least a yearly trip there for 7 yrs and love both Bend and Bach... Have had two back to back snow trips there so hedging my bets and doubling down this year...

Did Gordys camp last Feb and learned a shit ton and in some cases had to break some bad habits and still working on some... Gordy drilled into my head - "body separation Edwards - body separation"... Also got to ski with one of my heros Todd Ligaire who was awesome, but also scared the shit out of me on a couple of lines... And I will never forget hearing Ben Wheeler saying more than once - "guys you def don't want to fall here..." I will def do the camp again, but want a full season to work and focus on the stuff from last camp...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I will be there both Feb and March to ski Bach and will do... Been doing at least a yearly trip there for 7 yrs and love both Bend and Bach... Have had two back to back snow trips there so hedging my bets and doubling down this year...

Did Gordys camp last Feb and learned a shit ton and in some cases had to break some bad habits and still working on some... Gordy drilled into my head - "body separation Edwards - body separation"... Also got to ski with one of my heros Todd Ligaire who was awesome, but also scared the shit out of me on a couple of lines... And I will never forget hearing Ben Wheeler saying more than once - "guys you def don't want to fall here..." I will def do the camp again, but want a full season to work and focus on the stuff from last camp...
    Skied with Ligare two years ago. So rad. He basically said "fuck it" and we just shredded with the A group. Last year was fun poaching the B group line at the end of the last day.

I'm down again for this year though I'd be flying in. A 12 hour drive from Portland would be not so awesome. Probably thinking January?

What's this Mt. Bachelor business?

I'm going to sign up for the Feb. AltaBird camp. I could see sharing the drive from Bend or flying. In any case I would like to find shared lodging and mags to ski with. Send me a message.

I booked a CMH Heli trip over NYE, so Jan camp is probably out. I'm think the Feb camp now. Whacked, I'll send you a PM. I'm thinking I'll fly. If you do the same, I'm happy to split a rental or shuttle. Otherwise, we could split the Pimp Suite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I booked a CMH Heli trip over NYE, so Jan camp is probably out. I'm think the Feb camp now.
    ^^^^^I could not imagine a better way to ring in the NewYear...! Can you say envious...!

My buddy who did the camp with me last year was annoyed with me for not signing up this year, but committed to next year... By far the best money I have spent for skiing... Just the knowledge that Marcus Caston, Ben and Todd had of the mountain was well worth the price of admission... We went during a snow drought and those boys were able still find some good snow...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    ^^^^^I could not imagine a better way to ring in the NewYear...! Can you say envious...!

My buddy who did the camp with me last year was annoyed with me for not signing up this year, but committed to next year... By far the best money I have spent for skiing... Just the knowledge that Marcus Caston, Ben and Todd had of the mountain was well worth the price of admission... We went during a snow drought and those boys were able still find some good snow...
    It's going to be rad. With 2 - 3 feet expected in BC this weekend, I'm stoked.

Why no camp this year?

jesski and I might be in for the Feb camp, depending on our money situation. Went a few years ago and would love to go again. Echo the sentiment that, aside from properly fitting boots, it is the best money I've spend on skiing.

There has been talk in the past of whether this camp caters to truly good skiers, but IMHO I don't think there are too many skiers (pros included) who wouldn't benefit from Gordy's coaching, even if you ski better than he does.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

OK. I threw down the cash for Feb. AltaBird. Sounds like Bobcat Sig is in. Game to ski, share housing, party, etc. PM me.

This sounds like a win win. Alta and pro call outs.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Full up at our condo but I'll be there day before and after if any of you other mag campers are around.

Also-if you're undecided-decide quick, Gordy said only a few spots left.

Signed up for January. Anyone else in for that one? Looking to nail down lodging.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    Full up at our condo but I'll be there day before and after if any of you other mag campers are around.
    I have yet to book a flight though I'm certainly going to stay a day for or arrive a day early and shred. I'll be sure to drop you a line.

I'm in the Jan camp. The usual hotels in Sandy are ridiculous that week--all above $200/night. I don't suppose anyone has a promo code for staying at The Bird?

Snowbird does WHITE ROOM Special's and check the Snow pine at Alta. Can't use white rooms several nights in a row. BUT you can book in a different name . Also Snow pine includes meals....

Who's in the Jan camp? Anyone heard from Gordy?

Hi guys. Thanks for the props in this thread. As you probably know, Utah has been going off! February camp is now sold out but there is still room in the January 8-10 camp. January has no crowds, and as always, we offer a powder guarantee.

Whats a powder guarantee?

I'm heading out for the February camp in a couple of weeks. I have a Mountain Collective pass, but the room I booked came with a 4 day Snowbird ticket also (Thursday 2/4 to Sunday 2/7). If anyone is looking for a cheap ticket for those dates, hit me up and I'll cut you a deal.