which Dynafit Ski

I skied the Manaslu for awhile. I gave them up when I thought I had used up my warranty replacements. Bought DPS 112 and 120 because I thought they were easier to ski and they are. I just do not enjoy long tours with them. I really enjoyed that aspect of the Manaslu snappy kick turns. Bought a Cham 97 and thought they would be a good replacement. However I am not clicking with them. Maybe they are too long. Anyway any advice on the durability of the Manaslu compared to previous? Would the Seven Summit be a better option. I thought the original Manaslu lacked a little on the firm. Any other skis too look at in this weight class? It seems like it is a good thing that Dynafit has stuck with the Manaslu.
    thank's
    off your knees Louie

I have JJ's/Stokes/Denali/lotus 120 in the touring quiver

The Denali are super light but still perform, on corduroy groomer they turn like a slalom ski on piste but there is a n early rise so they are great in pow so they can do big turns if I let them run, probably gona flog the stokes to go with the the denali and Lotus for the light & heavy setups.

With FR+ the JJ's are the all purpose rockers
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The Denali might be the best dynafit ski. The Cho Oyu is probably their second best ski. Id go with that over the Manaslu.

The Denali is surprisingly versatile and has a really surfy feel in soft snow and hooks up for quick turns on firmer snow.

If you want something with more snap look at the ZeroG 95.

The DPS tail rocker is working against you at kick turn time.

Second (or third) the recommendation for the Denali. Super easy to ski, better edgehold AND soft snow performance than the Manaslu, turns into the fall line with absolutely no hesitation. The new Manaslu is a totally different ski - 90mm waist, five point shape, etc. Hard to beat the Zero G 95 or 108 for grip, but they are not as "easy" to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    If you want something with more snap look at the ZeroG 95.
    Can you be more specific about their differences? What do you mean by "snap?"
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

thank's for the reply. Backcountry.com has the weight of Denali as 2lbs 10 oz for pair. The G3 Zenoxide Carbon 88 is listed as 2lbs 12 oz per ski. Is this correct? I am looking fir some camber in the ski which the DPS lack.
    off your knees Louie

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...52&oe=569ADBD1

The Denali are not a noodle, spooning ^^ the guides 1st turns down Loft peak at Burnie, buddy was on a set of 190 G3 empires and the 176 Denali followed his line just fine
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

If you like the old Manaslu, I think you'll like......... anything.

People seem to love the Denalis. They also seem to break them.

See also:

Blizzard Zero G
    Volkl BMT
    Fischer Hannibal or Transalp
    G3 Zen Oxide and Synapse
    Down YW8
    Dynastar Cham Mythic
    Praxis Yeti UL
    Voile Vector
    Movement X series
    La Sportiva Vapor

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    thank's for the reply. Backcountry.com has the weight of Denali as 2lbs 10 oz for pair. The G3 Zenoxide Carbon 88 is listed as 2lbs 12 oz per ski. Is this correct? I am looking fir some camber in the ski which the DPS lack.
    Don't know about the G3 Zenoxide, but my 176 Denalis weigh 1262 grams, my 171 Zero G 95 weighs 1207 grams PER SKI. I think Backcountry's copywriters got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Can you be more specific about their differences? What do you mean by "snap?"
    The ski generates more energy when you load it up. The nose will really 'pop' out of a turn, especially in soft snow.

Looks like Backcountry has it wrong. Thank's for the info. The Zero G and Denali seem like similiar skis. Do you prefer one over the other for any special conditions? I am looking for the multi day expedition ski.
    I figured there were allot of skis in this category like ISBD posted. However no ski shop around so hard to compare them.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    The Zero G and Denali seem like similiar skis. Do you prefer one over the other for any special conditions?
    Aside from weight and general waist width they are not that similar. The Denali is the better soft snow and variable conditions ski, requires little in the way of special skill or conditioning to ski well. The Denali skis well straight out of the wrapper. The Zero G 95 is more powerful and has incredible edge hold that sometimes overpowers its lack of mass; I'd rather be on it in icy, fall-you-die conditions but it takes a more dynamic style to ski well. Many people (I'm one) find it more versatile if detuned to ~2 degrees base edge bevel at the tip (I also changed the side edge bevel from 2 degrees to 1 degree). I'd happily do a multi-day tour with lots of vert on either one.

There are a number of good sub 1500 gram all-purpose touring skis available these days, sub 1300 grams isn't so easy.

I know it's a little bit of a thread highjack but I have a minty pair of Denalis 176cm that I'm selling. Skied 4 days. In 10/10 condition. Mounted with Dynafit Speed Radicals for TLT6P 27.0. Selling with matching Dynafit skins. The entire setup was bought new last season and has seen 4 easy days of touring. PM me for questions or to discuss further. BTW - the Denali is absolutely my favorite Dynafit ski to date. Incredibly light and versatile. Thanks!

^ wow and in SLC too? What are you looking to get for this setup? Not that I can get away with buying a THIRD brakeless / lightweight / 99mm underfoot touring setup this summer​ without my wife murdering me...

Thanks for the advice. Really enjoying the denali. The dps are not seeing much use.Dynafit has a winner in the Denali. Performs great and is a pleasure to tour with
    off your knees Louie