Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Freeride Systems outerwear

It's burly. I'd put it up there with proshell. Maybe not quite as tough feeing, softer hand feel so not scientific, but tough enough for inbounds for sure.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Thanks
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Doing my best to necro post here. This thread is older than iceman.

So I just received my new Antero 2 plus. Great customer service from the guys!

I have struggled for a while to stay dry and before that I just went out and froze my ass off for several years. One way or another in a gore shell I would end up in nothing more than a baselayer- which would get soaked and then I would have no insulation and freeze on the lift.

I have read about adding a layer. Since I’m excited about this jacket and thinking about it every eight seconds, what is the way to go with a midlayer. Let’s say it’s
    20 degrees and partly cloudy. Should I go baselayer and thin 100 fleece. Or are we talking something like a baselayer and R1?

Like I said. It’s every eight seconds. Help me with this mental masturbation.

^ thanks
    25-35 ish long sleeve base layer + short sleeve base layer
    15-25 ish long sleeve base layer + R1 Regulator Thickness 100 (probably same) mid layer should do it as long as you stay moving while outside.
    less than 15 long sleeve base + polartec 200 thickness fleece

All of this also needs to be balanced against body fat % and level of activity and wind
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Thanks for the response.

Was looking around the gym today and noticed no one else looked like the showered while working out

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Pants/bibs.....we shall see, but... I have been bootpacking, skiing, sledding, testing, and trying to tear up a pair all season and just not sure if we will launch the pants game. I went to a sourcing event and the Chinese will sell a pair of pants to a US Brand for $25 or less. Costs more with branded fabrics and zippers but it is still way way way cheap. I wanted to see how much other brands that use overseas labor are really paying for product that we produce domestically. The answer: not much. That being said, pants can blow out. Brands replacing or warrantying Chinese pants have a huge profit margin to reconcile their losses. Freeride Systems is self funded through sales and has no lines of credit , etc and cannot handle a mass loss, or finance a mass loss and carry it to the next year, or cover from OPM invested capital. So, not sure if pants will happen commercially. Ive got the proven 4 year design down , but pants get a lot of harsh treatment....

Here's what the latest version has

double knees with insert to add kneepads
    hybrid softshell fabric
    velcro snapping gaiters with breathabilty
    roomy rear pockets with velcro
    beacon carrying front pockets
    double cross vented legs with very long outside zipper
    zippered outside bottom cuffs
    no P fly (gives plenty of room to pee outside without bringing it back in the pants)
    SuperFabric cuffs

Pants can be worn with or without base layer. Many days I just wear boxers. (not storm days or - minus temp days)

Mike I will beta the shit out of those pants with the whole Ops crew. We love your stuff and those sound awesome! Work bibs like that are a dream come true. Reflective options would be really cool for Operations staff too fwiw. Let me know where you are with these though, I’d love to get in on this.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

I need some of those pants too! My whole fleet of ski pants are haggard.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I need some of those pants too! My whole fleet of ski pants are haggard.
    I was just attempting to re glue the gaiter back into my flylow bibs that are nearing 8 years old. Outside still bomber, but the gaiter seam came off. First attempt is fabric glue in the gun. Don't think it's going to bond well enough. If someone has another idea that I could source locally that would be cool it seems a straightforward diy.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9755D069-EA66-47FC-8E84-B3957B678154.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	326.7 KB 
ID:	220329

It was minus FKNA 25 degrees the other day & I was lapping in this steeziness.

Wicked sweet thanks Kyle & Micol!

*of my 2 CFS A2’s this is the thinner, have yet to bust out the other one.

Good pic, thanks all

Pants........maybe........one day........
    www.freeridesystems.com

I wore my red antero on the heli this season. It was ideal.

Damn thats a haul!

Bross is my most worn piece of clothing. Admittedly after two years of hard wear it's looking rough for casual settings. Still money performance wise though.

Some FRS stoke from Steamboat this past weekend.

2nd on the Bross. Bit of a hair magnet but, it makes for great pajamas, primary layer, mid-layer, and movie attire.

The Bross II is kind of nifty too. Just not as cozy. The outside is smooth enough to get along with any jacket interior.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Are you guys sold out for the season on certain items, or will the inventory get replenished this winter?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    FKNA!!
    Is that the elusive belt in red?

Quote Originally Posted by permnation View Post
    Is that the elusive belt in red?
    Looks like their original ski carry system.

Is FS featured in that issue of Maxim?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Are you guys sold out for the season on certain items, or will the inventory get replenished this winter?
    pretty much sold out, next sewing for Fall 2018-19

pn:elusive red belt, yes
    Peru: no feature i would remember doing it
    Gep: yep 1.0, 2.0 a little magnetic
    thanks jed
    BBi = +++++++++
    www.freeridesystems.com

That's a shame, I was hoping to be able to support you guys, but I'm not terribly interested in waiting 10 months to do it. There is something to be said for maintaining inventory of in-season clothing. It isn't April 15, it's January 15. Just sayin'.

That's a shame, I was hoping to be able to support you guys, but I'm not terribly interested in waiting 10 months to do it. There is something to be said for maintaining inventory of in-season clothing. It isn't April 15, it's January 15. Just sayin'.
    Id tend to agree, and i have no idea of MiCols expenses, but i think he runs on thin margins, so having overstock he might have to discount could pose a problem. Cant your current jacket make it through one more winter? Its only a couple month left, then you can wait until Fall and buy from MiCol? Maybe if you ask really nice about the item you want thats out of stick you might get a deal on them when they are BACK in stock....more bees with honey type deal.

I am very proud and thankful that you think enough of us to want to support us. thank you. However, we started the season in August with more inventory than we have ever had since inception in 2010. We have had the largest selling season in our history. It is not that we did not have enough, we simply sold many many times more than what year over year forecasts would call for. The Threads for Shreds program delivered in larger way than ever before. Everything has just been UP ! Its hard to forecast inventory levels for that kind of unexpected uptick.

We still have a lot of certain things left and some special things possibly not on the website. If you email our customer service direct, they can discuss with you based on your wants and needs what we have that might work. contact kevin@freeridesystems.com if you want to try that out. We are sewing now and have been nonstop year round.

We just have some really big oem and uniform orders that are in the pipeline at present that prevents resuming sewing for our own in-house brands until probably April. However, I know that with one job we are doing for a VT Mountain ops we added some really cool new neoshell colors for our Fall inventory that will be finished before we even start sewing our stock for Fall 18 just to shore up their order for a few certain sizes.

ping Kevin, see if he can help figure something out.

edit (tldr): I should add some jacket series like Antero 2 hybrid soft shells we finished off sewing the balance of our fabric and that created some peaks and valleys in jacket supply. As an example we used the balance of AF Blue that we had used to sew the Town of Breck Public Transit system's jackets to make regular inventory Ant 2 Stock. This means that the quantities backing up that particular product were lower than our standard colorway production. Others such as crimson we were finishing off the balance of past years roll stock so quantities were lower. Whereas, with Bright Red we (a new color) we eased into new color , still have fabric left and could have sold a lot more , but its a gamble. If we did not sew bright red for regular stock we would have used if for a patrol job or something else. But my point is that there is a system in place that prevents insolvency or capital crunch. We operate with no loans, no investors, no debt. That allows us to subsidize programs like threads for shreds, donate to special causes and do things like you see above for BBi. Sure we could put actual inventory numbers in the online store that would better inform customers that a shortage exists. However, that information I consider proprietary as we are scoped out by other brands constantly and we do not need them knowing our back of house numbers. The biz is hard enough without a bunch of vultures circling us. As an example, we were ping'd by one of the largest snowboard/apparel companies in the marketplace to do a colab with them. We passed. So, if they know enough about us to want to do a colab, then we have a lot of big time players in the industry browsing our site.
    Last edited by MiCol; 01-17-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Id tend to agree, and i have no idea of MiCols expenses, but i think he runs on thin margins, so having overstock he might have to discount could pose a problem. Cant your current jacket make it through one more winter? Its only a couple month left, then you can wait until Fall and buy from MiCol? Maybe if you ask really nice about the item you want thats out of stick you might get a deal on them when they are BACK in stock....more bees with honey type deal.
    please see above
    some parts of what you say are true...namely thinner margins vs domestic brands that sew overseas.

we like honey
    Last edited by MiCol; 01-17-2018 at 05:02 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

MiCol representing the NYC marathon yo.

Name:	IMG_20181104_072050.jpeg 
Views:	231 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	253934

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Reposting without Homebrewd's permission.

Skisus wears FreeRide Systems. (Along with a hat signed by the twin gods of skiing: Hoji and Angel.) Why don't you?

Name:	45424030_10106358802620519_2049028759759093760_o.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	253964

Angel = goddess
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Love it. Just pulled out my freeride systems shirt for U8 soccer yesterday. I was the only cool one there.