Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    How is the sizing on the Bross? Does it run large? I am 6', 190#, and got the Sneffles in large, and am swimming in it/appear to be wearing Saga.
    I think our office discussed with you today but we did not get more info such as chest, waist, arm length etc. This helps. However, I was with co-worker today in car and I brought it up and he is about your size and wearing large sneffles today. He looked normal in it . Can you double check and make sure you are not in XL

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Can anyone comment on how the bross fits compared to the FRS fleece hood from a couple years back?
    Are you referring to the old Polartec 200 kind of bulky big hoodie?

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post

Suggestions for improvements in a future version:
    *pull string extension for zipper (zipper gets fully hidden by the chin flap, kind of tricky to dig it out to unzip)
    *thumb loop holes in sleeve (one of my favorite features of the P jacket)
    *bungee drawstring (like on hood) around waist. It currently hangs loose, which is good for casual, but drawstring would be nice for keeping it from riding up while layering or or allowing snow in.
    *mesh drop-in pockets on the inside
    noted , but all these things run cost up (not too awful bad but it adds up) except pull on zipper which is probably the easiest to add . I have to say I added one to my own recently....so I will put this in place starting tomorrow for future orders...anybody that needs one, we will send to you for free if you send us an email at help@freeridesystems.com
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Are you referring to the old Polartec 200 kind of bulky big hoodie?
    Affirmative.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Affirmative.
    Fit in terms of size is probably same. However, the bross is going to be a lot less bulky. I wear size large in that heavy polartec 200 piece and I use a size large bross. I actually jammed myself into a medium sneffles when I wanted pretty close tight fit to ski with but ended up giving to customer and now I am back to large there as well
    www.freeridesystems.com

"I'm waiting for my current jacket to wear out," is lame rationale for not buying a Freeride immediately.

My Antero is my go-to layer 90% of the time. Eager to see the convertible bibpant legcoverings.

My Moonstone jacket is showing its age. Ill need to check these out. Love to help out a local biz.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    My Moonstone jacket is showing its age. Ill need to check these out. Love to help out a local biz.
    we like the cool old stuff too
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pinner View Post
    "I'm waiting for my current jacket to wear out," is lame rationale for not buying a Freeride immediately.

My Antero is my go-to layer 90% of the time. Eager to see the convertible bibpant legcoverings.
    S, if i see you at one of these upcoming events I will show you the work in progress
    www.freeridesystems.com

Hm, the 2+ looks really nice. Is the interior fuzzy at all?
    Would love some picture of the interiors too. Not really getting the difference between the 2+ and 3. The 3 is lighter? I'm a fan of heavy shells. Gortex sofshell, etc.
    TIA.

I'd trade in my antero 2 towards a 2+ if it was as bomber, but lighter. Sounds like a great jacket.

Freeride Systems outerwear

Freeride Systems t-shirt is also waterproof breathable -- good for layering up in all conditions
    (Modeled at BBI16)

Attachment 176395

^Thanks for all the great positive shout outs!

I have put together a little run down on the differences/similarities of all of our made in Colorado jackets. I have been a die hard hybrid softshell wearer for the last 5 years. I have to test all of our stuff and have to say that the 2+ is a great jacket and its pure hardshell. I think there is time,place, and use for each fabric.

The Antero 2 is a hybrid softshell jacket with waterproof windproof breathable membrane, has slight stretch, noiseless, fully seam taped, pit zips , and our Arc'teryx inspired style hood collar system which allows for easy up and over helmet without unzipping the front zipper. There are also 4 open pockets for storage along with one zippered inside the jacket (except on MedTall but I will make this the same next year hopefully). This jacket is heavier than the next two and requires less layering to be worn underneath it. The interior of the jacket is a gridded low wicking polyester micro fleece. The collar may be cinched to bring it in close to the face with or without helmet. This is primarily a skier/riders jacket. We use Polartec and Gore Windstopper laminates depending on which Antero 2 you select (Gore: Blackcherry and White)

The Antero 2 Plus is the exact same as Antero 2 but made from Polartec Neoshell Hardshell laminate. This jacket does not have insulating properties and is half the weight of the Antero 2. This jacket has a tricot nylon interior to protect the membrane. This jacket is not noiseless. There is very little noticeable stretch. This is a skiers/riders jacket. Turns out from my own use and feedback that although there is no physical fabric insulating material, the fabric/membrane system helps to manage your body heat and it is in fact a warm jacket with correct layers. For instance, I wore one in -minus temps last week in Southern San Juans for lift accessed and hike to and only wore one or two base layer shirts and either our sneffles (sold out) or bross light midlayer and was toasty. I had packed a Polartec 200 weight jacket in the car but it never had to come out. I have used the 200 jacket with sled accessed tours at Vail Pass and that ranged from 50mph+ sled rides/ digs, to low mph no boarding jump and get buried.

The Antero 3 is different than the 2 models above. It has a traditional one piece neck/collar/hood rising enough to block the wearers face when fully zipped. The hood fits over a helmet but you mush unzip the front zipper some to get started. There is one internal zippered pocket. It is not noiseless. It is made with Polartec Neoshell hardshell with tricot interior. It is the lightest of the 3 jackets. There is very little noticeable stretch. Jacket has pit zips This jacket can span use and go casual just as easy as on the mountain. Also have used this extensively with our R-1 midlayer and the polartec 200 jacket or vest depending on activity and temps.

Antero 4 Component Jacket System utilizing Polartec 200 zip in vests and jackets. More on this later. Vests and jackets are already for sale on our website.

Pants/bibs.....we shall see, but... I have been bootpacking, skiing, sledding, testing, and trying to tear up a pair all season and just not sure if we will launch the pants game. I went to a sourcing event and the Chinese will sell a pair of pants to a US Brand for $25 or less. Costs more with branded fabrics and zippers but it is still way way way cheap. I wanted to see how much other brands that use overseas labor are really paying for product that we produce domestically. The answer: not much. That being said, pants can blow out. Brands replacing or warrantying Chinese pants have a huge profit margin to reconcile their losses. Freeride Systems is self funded through sales and has no lines of credit , etc and cannot handle a mass loss, or finance a mass loss and carry it to the next year, or cover from OPM invested capital. So, not sure if pants will happen commercially. Ive got the proven 4 year design down , but pants get a lot of harsh treatment....

Here's what the latest version has

double knees with insert to add kneepads
    hybrid softshell fabric
    velcro snapping gaiters with breathabilty
    roomy rear pockets with velcro
    beacon carrying front pockets
    double cross vented legs with very long outside zipper
    zippered outside bottom cuffs
    no P fly (gives plenty of room to pee outside without bringing it back in the pants)
    SuperFabric® cuffs

Pants can be worn with or without base layer. Many days I just wear boxers. (not storm days or - minus temp days)
    www.freeridesystems.com

So the 2+ is a hard shell with a hint of strech? That's nice even without the fuzz. Do you have some pics of the inside. Sounds like a really nice piece and so do the pants.
    Too bad about materials pricing. That's an even bigger markup than I thought. Kinda depressing.
    Will you be doing another run of your Prospectors? How do they run? I'm between a 32 and 34 inch waist (ok, I'm probably not a 32 anymore).
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Just to comment on an earlier part of this thread - sending in garments that are washed is standard procedure in this industry, from The North Face to Patagonia to FlyLow they all request it in their return / warranty details.

So the 2+ is a hard shell with a hint of strech? That's nice even without the fuzz. Do you have some pics of the inside. Sounds like a really nice piece and so do the pants.
    Too bad about materials pricing. That's an even bigger markup than I thought. Kinda depressing.
    Will you be doing another run of your Prospectors? How do they run? I'm between a 32 and 34 inch waist (ok, I'm probably not a 32 anymore).
    i just came in from skiing and there is very slight stretch but not much. but not zero. I doubt we will be making any cotton pants soon. just too much to manage and deal with to do a run. I'm spread thin. I am putting most effort in to making the best domestic made jackets that we can make. If you want to order prospect cotton pants just order 34 and we will send you 34 and 36 and you can send back what does not work
    www.freeridesystems.com

I don't think you have anything near my size left in those guys. Guess I'll wait for summer. My next ski jacket, whenever that is, will most likely be one of yours. Thanks for all the help.
    No longer stuck.

Another +1 for MiCol. Dude is as solid as they come. Ethical business guy that has crazy PASSION for what he does. I need a new jacket myself, it's certainly gonna be a FRS. Keep on keeping on Mike!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I've been rocking the Antero 3 for a week and a half and I've skiied in it 6 days in conditions ranging from wind and snow, to rain, and warm sunshine. This shell rocks. The only gripes I had with my older softshell have been addressed and everything is dialed. Breathes better than pro shell I can wear a fleece midlayer under this coat without overheating, never could do that before.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Skiied in it in pissing rain this afternoon. I was dry and comfortable. Drier than rubber Raingear.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Skiied in it in pissing rain this afternoon. I was dry and comfortable. Drier than rubber Raingear.
    FKNA. FRS' Neoshell and the PNWet were made for each other. Beads baby!

I have monkey arms and norrona is only long enough to not be a problem. How is XL sneffles? I wear 36/37 dress shirts if I can
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I bought a Sneffles in large and it's too big on me, and I normally wear large. (35 sleeve shirts, if that helps)
    The item itself is fucking awesome, just not a great fit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I have monkey arms and norrona is only long enough to not be a problem. How is XL sneffles? I wear 36/37 dress shirts if I can
    I'm 6-5 200 w/ a 42L jacket, 16 neck/36 sleeve.

The XL is huge on me. I can fit my partner in there with me.

Sleeve length covers my thumbs
    Attachment 176674

Lotta volume in the body
    Attachment 176675

And the fabric is stretchy so movement is pretty easy in it

Less of a climber's fit, more of a skittles fit

big pockets too

Next time, I'd go down to a L

For monkey arms, I think it'd work out ok
    Definitely a much larger fit than my XL Mammut hoodie midlayer
    Last edited by acinpdx; 02-12-2016 at 09:26 AM.

^ on that sizing... all of our frs stuff has been the equivalent of most other brands size larger. For example that xl sneffles could be a 2X or 3x with other brands. For instance we had a 2X trade from Mammut on a jacket and it fit everyone in our office like our Large. Why is it like this? Because that's what we started with in year one. Would we do it again that way...most likely not.

Are we going to try to fix it so its the same as other brands? Perhaps, but because there are so many styles and types of garments it almost seems better to keep most garments fitting the same i.e. if you buy a Large Antero 2 , get the large bross.. etc. We never completely run out of anything to start from ground zero because we are always sewing. So, migration could be done but there are other more pressing time investments right now.

Every single person that orders gets an email from one of our cs reps confirming that the right size has been ordered. That dialogue is also good for helping people find the right jacket from our 4 different versions, so we enjoy providing that service. Most of the time it is happening pre-buy through the standard Q& A process.

If you buy something from us you will get a follow up email from cs. If you ask us a queston pre-buy we are going to discuss sizing.

btw the arms on the sneffles and bross are made to ride above the wrist due to the narrowness and stretyness of the the fabric. Unless you have very tiny hands the sleeves usually will ride above the hand on wrist.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    you should probably go large on bross but we did shorten the bross arms by 2" versus sneffles so take that into account. Email our cs at help@freeridesystems.com and they can really assist well with total fit
    www.freeridesystems.com

Just to ask another stupid question: The neoshell you use in the 2+ is a heavy duty kind that's good for inbounds skiing and doing stupid things with trees? I like the heavier shells. I can open vents if I hike for some reason.
    No longer stuck.