Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I owned one from 20K to 100K with zero problems. With the DPF and EGR removed, they're reasonably peppy but definitely no 6.7L. The transmissions are bomber and they tow really well. My mechanic (also a friend of mine) did tell me to sell it before 120K, as he has seen a few with issues after that point, though he removing the EGR mitigates a lot of that. In my case, my warranty was up and I chose to sell it and not to gamble.
    Good to know. This one has the 6-speed Manual, which I like. 4 door, long bed. Depending on what I can get him to go for on price, it seems like it could be a good buy.

6.7 is a sweet motor but I can't wrap my head around buying that new of a truck. Is the 6.4 Peppy enough to drive around with a 1500lb camper or a drag a car trailer with a Jeep on it?

(you should know by now, I'm a cheapskate.)

Mine is still 100% trouble free and it has been put through the wringer! 7.3 FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Someone knows someone who has a sub-30k mile crew cab 4x4 7.3 hiding away. I want to buy it. Seriously.
    UNICORN. somebody by me is selling one with 122k for $18k. she claims that it's been her "weekend truck". there are also a few by me for sale with almost 300k...:

"Selling 2000 Ford 7.3. Great Truck with Low miles. It is my weekend truck. All maintenance has been done on time. Has a couple motor extras but nothing extreme. Newer wheels and tires. Registration is good until June of 2018."

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    UNICORN. somebody by me is selling one with 122k for $18k. she claims that it's been her "weekend truck". there are also a few by me for sale with almost 300k...:

"Selling 2000 Ford 7.3. Great Truck with Low miles. It is my weekend truck. All maintenance has been done on time. Has a couple motor extras but nothing extreme. Newer wheels and tires. Registration is good until June of 2018."
    scam?

I just picked up a 2000 f350 7.3 attached to an arctic fox 990 - went just to look at camper, but couldn't resist both once offered as package. Original owners with meticulous maintenance and many suspension upgrades - 135,xxx mileage
    Delivery next week!
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    scam?
    it seems legit to me. 2000 Ford F250 7.3. she has a bunch of photos. it looks nice in the photos. it's on one of the local FB sale site. there's positive banter about her husband in the comments. if you're a scammer on those sites, you get outed pretty hard.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/6174146712.html

'01 f350, dually, supercab, auto, 7.3, 60 k miles, with '92 cab over camper, $23,500

it seems legit to me. 2000 Ford F250 7.3. she has a bunch of photos. it looks nice in the photos. it's on one of the local FB sale site. there's positive banter about her husband in the comments. if you're a scammer on those sites, you get outed pretty hard.
    Word. Lately there have been a lot of scams on Craigslist, some pretty convincing with local phone numbers and market prices (vs. the typical goobledygook listing with a $1000 price on a $40,000 Lexus or something.) Seen a lot looking for a diesel truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/6174146712.html

'01 f350, dually, supercab, auto, 7.3, 60 k miles, with '92 cab over camper, $23,500
    Good lord that's a find

Word. Lately there have been a lot of scams on Craigslist, some pretty convincing with local phone numbers and market prices (vs. the typical goobledygook listing with a $1000 price on a $40,000 Lexus or something.) Seen a lot looking for a diesel truck.
    Nah. It's legit. I stalked a little. Long time resident, two young kids, bow hunter (turkey), motor head family (husband on dirt bike), picks in motor boat, been with her husband for a long time. Local FB keeps it pretty personal, depending on privacy settings.

Nah. It's legit. I stalked a little. Long time resident, two young kids, bow hunter (turkey), motor head family (husband on dirt bike), picks in motor boat, been with her husband for a long time. Local FB keeps it pretty personal, depending on privacy settings.
    I think you're in the clear. But I bet the photos and details get stolen and someone puts them up on Craigslist.

Good to know. This one has the 6-speed Manual, which I like. 4 door, long bed. Depending on what I can get him to go for on price, it seems like it could be a good buy.

6.7 is a sweet motor but I can't wrap my head around buying that new of a truck. Is the 6.4 Peppy enough to drive around with a 1500lb camper or a drag a car trailer with a Jeep on it?

Look at powerstrokehelp on youtube. Coach Bob used to be pretty good. He yells a lot about Archoil now, but Archoil is good stuff and, except for the odd fuckup, he's got good info.

I like your style. Yeah, my 2010 pulled a 7k trailer like it wasn't even there. I had a Spartan Phalanx tuner and utilized the tow tune. Also ran airbags which are always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Good lord that's a find
    Yeah. I'm not in the market for another diesel but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted...

Stories of burnt up pistons and trashed fuel systems scare me away from the 6.4, although I know plenty of people have owned them problem free. The power from modern diesels is amazing, but the cost of everything scares the shit out of me. Leavenworth Skier, just find a decent 7.3 or 5.9 and be done with it, it sounds like you want a rig that just works.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    I just picked up a 2000 f350 7.3 attached to an arctic fox 990 - went just to look at camper, but couldn't resist both once offered as package. Original owners with meticulous maintenance and many suspension upgrades - 135,xxx mileage
    Delivery next week!
    You will enjoy that camper. Arctic Fox makes the best campers. Looks like you got a great deal.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Stories of burnt up pistons and trashed fuel systems scare me away from the 6.4, although I know plenty of people have owned them problem free. The power from modern diesels is amazing, but the cost of everything scares the shit out of me. Leavenworth Skier, just find a decent 7.3 or 5.9 and be done with it, it sounds like you want a rig that just works.
    Problem is the truck market here is insanely inflated for diesel trucks around here. A clapped out 90s 5.9 truck with 250,000 miles is still $15,000. And a 7.3 for that price has over 300,000 miles on it.

I'm leaning toward something newer so at least I'm getting something with a nice interior, without a sagging headliner or broken seats hopefully.

I am also attracted to the newer diesels because of their cold weather start up is more reliable. Both 7.3 and 5.9 seem to be fairly cold blooded and with the cold weather we get, I don't want to worry about getting stranded.
    Last edited by Leavenworth Skier; 06-17-2017 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    You will enjoy that camper. Arctic Fox makes the best campers. Looks like you got a great deal.
    I had never much gave them a thought, being kind of hung up on shell campers. But that internal aluminum frame is the bomb, and they are totally dialed with features. Between the massive amount of propane and 200w solar, hopefully can be off grid for weeks.
    28k for truck and camper was a hard deal to pass up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

My 6.0 was one of the worst things that ever happened to me.
    Serious all the time.

Problem is the truck market here is insanely inflated for diesel trucks around here. A clapped out 90s 5.9 truck with 250,000 miles is still $15,000. And a 7.3 for that price has over 300,000 miles on it.

I'm leaning toward something newer so at least I'm getting something with a nice interior, without a sagging headliner or broken seats hopefully.

I am also attracted to the newer diesels because of their cold weather start up is more reliable. Both 7.3 and 5.9 seem to be fairly cold blooded and with the cold weather we get, I don't want to worry about getting stranded.
    All good points. The used diesel market is redonkulous right now. As far as being cold blooded, the 7.3 definitely is. The cummins is much more tolerable of the cold IME.
    Do you plan to have a generator with your camping setup? If so you could plug in for 30 minutes or so before you could take off, which will start a 7.3 with decent injectors just fine.

Why not this local truck https://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/6177471916.html if your gonna spend that kind of money.

Our plow truck is a 1998 Cummins. It's a former rock quarry and landscaping flatbed truck and had a pretty rough life before I bought it... Looked like it got hit with an RPG before I spend some time beautifying it. Anyhow, having owned a few 7.3s, there is no comparison in cold start. The Cummins will start with no problems in any temps we see here, including sub zero, so long as I add Howes. The 7.3s were a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Why not this local truck https://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/6177471916.html if your gonna spend that kind of money.
    way too classy

I have an 09 f350 diesel 6.4l. I'm at 300000km. Few issues, now mostly just wear and tear as I'm on the hiway alot and in the winter off road alot. Send me a pm with your budget and wants. The are plenty around here (alberta, Canada). Generally the earlier the dpf removed the better. Egr on isn't a bad thing as it acts like a turbo blow off valve. I would stay away from the manual as it is generally worse for towing due to the lack of torque converter. The transmission is bombproof up to 1000 ft lbs. Alot of the trucks from Canada end up state side because you guys pay way too much for used.
    Honestly I've got way too much time into researching these truck's and owning them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Delivery next week!
    Nice setup but the truck is probably overloaded. The GVW for an F350 SRW is 9,900 and the camper weighs 3,000 dry. A friend has newer GMC dually (12,500 GVW) and he's over his GVW with his non-slide Arctic Fox camper. Just sayin' -- make sure the tires, rims, and axles are up to the task.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.