Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New John Prine

Ever since he got the covid and then went to smoke a cigarette nine miles long, this song didn’t make my playlist.

But it’s a classic. Particularly when you are sheltering in place with a nagger

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Hang in there John

#repost @fprine
    ・・・
    This is John’s 8th day in ICU . He is receiving excellent medical care and being treated with kindness and compassion by the entire team looking after him day and night.
    I cannot be with him which makes this nightmare all the more distressing for me.
    As you know, John was put on a ventilator last Saturday. He still needs quite a bit of help with his breathing. Like many patients currently in ICU beds all around the world, John has pneumonia in both lungs. He has also developed some peripheral issues that are being treated with meds, including antibiotics.
    He is very ill and yet I remain hopeful that he can continue to fight this devastating virus and come home where we can care for him.
    I don’t have the words to adequately Thank You all for the outpouring of love and prayers that John and our family has received this last week. It means the world to us to have your love and support at this difficult time.
    On behalf of me and our boys- Jody Jack and Tommy - please know that we are keeping you all in our hearts with a prayer that you stay safe and healthy. Please continue to send Love, Prayers and Positive Energy to John. He needs us now more than ever.John loves you and I love you too.����❤️��
    Hard to fathom that this was only a year ago.
    4 days later, John was gone.
    his legacy lives on.
    RIP
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

He’s a dead peckerhead

RIP

And thanks for the great tunes.
    . . .

New Prine Tribute is money
    this especially kills
    but Tyler & others do to

"I hate graveyards and old pawnshops ....."

It's weird, I've been a John Prine fan for decades. But it wasn't till he passed that I realized how big of a John Prine fan I was, if that makes any sense.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's weird, I've been a John Prine fan for decades. But it wasn't till he passed that I realized how big of a John Prine fan I was, if that makes any sense.
    Totally makes sense. He was so good for so long and faded out of limelight for a while. Then started getting the attention right before he died. No hes gone and you realize how much his songs were a constant presence.