Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Yes. When the AB play like that, nobody can touch them, and certainly not France. That was beautiful to witness. And painful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_8KKUdr6SY
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Rugby World Cup 2015

Thing was, in that match, I saw a good French team playing well but still getting clobbered by a clinical display of rugby prowess.

Hadn't seen the Argies play yet, they looked sharp, a shame Ireland was missing so many players to injury.

So far, both Scotland and the Aussies are looking relatively sloppy compared to earlier matches. Surprised it's a close game so far.

Fair number of mistakes both from Australia and Scotland. But it made for a few tries & a super close game so I'm not complaining.

jerr is offline Underwater trapeze artist
    Reading the beginning off this thread's the first time I've seen anyone from the English rugby team in a while!

So there's a bit of controversy surrounding the Ossie/Scotland game. The penalty that gave Australia the win in the last minute/s of the game shouldn't have been given. The ball was lost forward by a Scottish hand first, which created the situation for the off-side judgement against them. This means the referees should have ruled lost forward against Scotland which would result in a scrum. And that would have soaked up the remaining minute of the game leaving Australia out and Scotland through...

You've got to feel for Scotland.
    Nine out of ten Jeremy's prefer a warm jacket to a warm day

Rugby World Cup 2015

Agreed, it should at least have gone to TMO, which would in all likelihood have then given the game to the Scots. But somehow it was oddly appropriate that such injustice would befall them, of all sides. Fits with the benighted national character. Saffer ref better watch his back.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Ok, got it dialed.

Go to Tipp's link, and buy a private internet address for a year. $39.95

Then go here-
    itv.com/itvplayer/itv

You will need to sign up for access, and they want a Postal Code to verify.

I just looked up the Postal Code of my old University in Ealing, and it worked-

W5 5RF

I also had to sign up for an account. I just used my regular gmail account info.
    Worked no problem.

I'll let you know if they track me down and extradite me to England.
    So.. should be able to watch NZ/SA this weekend with this set up...??
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Quote Originally Posted by BaNosser View Post
    So.. should be able to watch NZ/SA this weekend with this set up...??
    NZ-SA is actually on regular ol' NBC this weekend.
    So is the final.
    Other semi is not however....

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    NZ-SA is actually on regular ol' NBC this weekend.
    So is the final.
    Other semi is not however....
    cool.. thanks

noon Pacific
    Last edited by BaNosser; 10-23-2015 at 09:20 PM.
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Damn! Springboks brought their A-game. Kiwis better show up 2nd half

The game on NBC is NOT a live feed if you didn't already know. No spoilers, though.

^^ yup, that was a bummer. I was watching live. I hope the final is actuallly live on NBC. That would be shit if not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    The game on NBC is NOT a live feed if you didn't already know. No spoilers, though.
    Fricken eh!
    Didn't realize that and logged online to check some pregame banter and low and behold the darn thing is over!

So do you think McCaw deliberately elbowed Louw? McCaw is an all-time great, but plays dirty. Even so, I don't think he did. It looks like he hipchecked Louw's shoulder which made the head snap back but didn't actually make meaningful contact with the elbow (though he may have wanted to)

The Boks really were clobbering NZ at the breakdown, so maybe McCaw was just doing what he does, master of the dark arts.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Still don't think anyone is beating the Kiwis tho.

Entertaining game, Argentina looked close a few times but ultimately they were playing catch up all game. It might have been different had they got that try just before half time.

Next week for the final I think NZ have to be favourites, Australia will be lucky to beat them.

Next weekend will be sick.

Australia were the only team to bet NZ this season. It was a tight game at home for Aus, winning by 8 points. The following weekend we bet them 41-13 in Auckland.

The break down will be tight, and the scrums will be interesting, but I think NZ will slowly pull away from them.

jerr?
    watch out for snakes

yes?

I'm not freaky talk a lot jerr who likes guns and seemed to have no life outside this board. I'm the original jerr who only really talks about skiing... and rugby every 4 years.

Looking forward to Pocock v Mccaw. The amount of turnovers Pocock gets is freakish. Will be great to see how he gets on against the best
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Pocock was on fire against the Argies, especially impressive coming off an injury. Unbelievable at the breakdown. And McCaw is McCaw. It'll be a great match. Actually Friday's Saffer/Argie match is intriguing as well.

Final is less than an hour away. So have a basis question. Haven't really played for 20 years so some things looked strange watching. In the scrum put in, back in my day every ball would have been called for not straight as not being thrown in straight down the tunnel. 2nd during a ruck the tackled guy has a lot more latitude to play the ball from the ground.. Were there changes made to make the game better?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Although the not straight thing sometimes looks egregious, both in scrums and lineouts, I ownder if it isn't sometimes the angle of the camera, and maybe we can't see the hooker making the tap in the scrum. I think the latitude allowed for release after tackle and play is referee-dependent, and smart players like McCaw take full advantage.

AB's looking strong so far, killing it on the breakdowns and even stealing lineouts, but seemingly playing the kicking game too much like they did against the Boks.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    2nd during a ruck the tackled guy has a lot more latitude to play the ball from the ground.
    Couple of NZ pens already for this, credit Pocock for his aggressiveness on the breakdown.

Score doesn't reflect how close a match that was. Well played by both sides.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    I disagree with that. With the exception of a few times during the match, NZ dominated completely.