Page 96 of 140 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3488
    Hey Dave I'll ask around. I know a few KW instructors.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by davieboot View Post
    I'm going to be at Kirkwood on Saturday, probably mid-morning.
    Happy to hook it up if I'm there, but probably won't make the call until Friday. Will let you know.

Thanks guys.
    JigaRex Universal Ski Mounting Jig

North lake train gap, where is it? I wanna

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    North lake train gap, where is it? I wanna
    Several places to do it, all above Donner Lake / Schallenberger Ridge.
    (Maybe you're joking. Whatever.)
    JigaRex Universal Ski Mounting Jig

Yeah it's there.

Dave - no luck sorry.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

this was on the manky side at noon today, gonna try to get an earlier start tomorrow:
    found better corn at Carson Pass yesterday where everything seems more wind buffed.

The key to good corn right now is to find zones that got wind hammered after the last storm, really really good consolidated corn to be had right now even with the inversion that's been going on. The coolie we climbed today was pretty manky but moving across the ridge a bit was the ticket to great skiing.

Shakyknees actually shaking a bit today, but the reward was worth it.

thx for the condition update.
    does emerald chute still go at the bottom?

^^^I bet the little waterfall crux area is a bitch and burned out below, but it's probably fine before that. (This is pure speculation.)

Critical question: Where's the best (take out) breakfast burrito in South Lake Tahoe/Meyers?

It's been a few years but I recall the breakfast burrito at the Sprouts Cafe being pretty damn good. Curious what you SLT regulars / locals will say, though.

Brothers burritos off 50 not very far from the Y opens at 6:30. Not sure if they do burritos but plenty of friends grab breakfast sandwiches at Lira's market in Meyers, not sure when they open.

Thanks, guys.

I like Sprouts, particularly the attractive yoga-instructor women who usually work there. Unfortunately, it opens at 8 a.m., which is a little late.

I might try Brother's. Good call.

I tried the breakfast burrito at the Keys Cafe last month. Meh.

Unless they've dramatically improved things from two years ago, which is when I swore off them forever, Lira's breakfast sandwiches are among the worst in all creation unless you like your eggs over hard and cold. They are vile.

I go to Jalapeno's, 89N past the Burger Lounge; similar to Bother's but its on the way to Tallac.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    ^^^I bet the little waterfall crux area is a bitch and burned out below, but it's probably fine before that. (This is pure speculation.)

Critical question: Where's the best (take out) breakfast burrito in South Lake Tahoe/Meyers?
    Depends on your departure time, but Verde?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Verde is the bomb. Not open early though.

Keys Cafe is all about the Acai Bowl for breakfast. I have really enjoyed their breakfast burritos, making sure to swap meat for avocado. I'm surprised you thought it was Meh, but I haven't had the burrito there in over a year since I am so addicted to their Acai Bowl.

Brothers is a cheap and large breakfast burrito ... decent for what you pay for but should be excluded from all conversations involving the word "best."

Alpina Cafe would hardly qualify as "best breakfast burrito" but they are open early at 6 AM, have a nice espresso, and will make you a decent little breakfast wrap. Leave enough time for "Tahoe pace" of sandwich/wrap construction before your ski objective.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I found a Dynafit brake on the apron of Halls the other day if anyone is missing one. I believe it is an older model ST brake but I'm not super knowledgeable as to all the various iterations and what have you. Just thought it was worth putting out there.

Since we're waiting for winter to come back... and talking about food again, I'm curious to hear people's favorite breakfast burritos on the north / west side. I really like the one at Firesign but feel like I need to take a nap afterwards - it's a beast. Same deal for Squeeze In in Truckee, and really their omelets are better but also make me want to take a nap. I always order something else at Jax for some reason. I often grab the ones at Crest before I head up to Alpine - nothing special, but not too big and they get the job done and it's convenient. I have yet to discover that perfect balance where it tastes great but isn't huge / nap inducing. Not complaining but always up to try something new...

Donner Lake Kitchen

Obexers is solid.

I'll be headed to Kirkwood tomorrow and will have some time to ski as long as my youngest doesn't flip out in her lesson.

Spent 6 days over President's week spring resort skiin' in Telluride, figured I'd share...

Lake Tahoe 2015/16 - Year of Godzilla Baby Jesus

^^^curious. Has she? Have they called you? I ask, as I have my almost 5 in the 5-12yr classes. He is epic level 6, so he skis stronger than most kids his age and tend to get grouped with 8-12 yr olds. Occasionally he acts like a 4 year old and I get reports at the end of the day. He even got benched once. But they never call me. OTOH, when the group is small, he rocks. He even ended up with a private once and they spent the morning on 11. He was so tired he barely made it off the snow, but he ripped all day.

Nice edit, as usual. I feel fortunate that I spent a week at Tride with my wife the year before we became parents. Great mountains and great town.

While we are totally off topic from skiing ...

My buddy in South Lake is selling a large Diamandback Mission 27.5 for a pretty good deal, $1000. Not sure how it's kitted out (I think it's the #2 build? he said it was the $4000 version) but contact me offline and I can put you in touch with him if you're interested in having a look see.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Dropped into this zone today at 10:50 for A+ perfect corn today

Shakyknees