Page 10 of 140 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    While we all eagerly await the Fantasy Snowfall Pool results, there's quite a bit of cinematic stoke coming to the Tahoe Art Haus and Cinema in TC:

Wed 10/27 - Call of the Mild

Thurs 11/5 - The Great Siberian Traverse

Fri 11/6 - Streif: One Hell of a Ride
    Sat 11/7 - Streif: One Hell of a Ride (early + late show)

Wed 12/16 - Degrees North
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Also with obvious Tahoe ties, now available on iTunes as of tonight: Conquering the Useless and Blank.the.Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by travis View Post
    "Meyer, along with a few committed locals and friends in the Tahoe area, founded a fledgling backcountry organization whose mission is to be “the voice for the human-powered winter backcountry community in the Lake Tahoe area.”
    Does that mean if we're in year 5 of a drought come Jan, these guys will be using their clout as “the voice for the human-powered winter backcountry community in the Lake Tahoe area", to push for mt bike access on the PCT?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Check out the insanity that is the north Tahoe ski swap today in Tahoe city at the high school

(Spy photos from agent Snowbyrd)

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Mt. Rose's website is still claiming that the resort will open in 3 days time (the 29th), yet the webcams do not show any snow on the ground, either natural or via snow-making.

Meanwhile, Boreal, who in years past, has opened on/or around Halloween with a WROD, is bare (drove past it last Thurs) and their website currently does not list an opening day (they do, however, state that pass prices will go up on "October 32nd"...

I called them, and without talking to anyone, the automated robo service answered that question.

It only takes them three days to go from bare bones, to WROD, given that the temps are conducive.

But it if its too warm, opening day will be pushed back until they can open...

This will be Tahoe's worst season ever. I bet mudslides will even take out KT-22.

Granlibakken will pull through alright though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

WestCoastPDR Guest
    The little kitty is back. Looking at his last post on this tread it's kinda like he has comeback almost 28 days later at the start of a new menstrual cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    It looks like we'll have to wait.
    Mt. Rose will delay its planned opening date, previously set for this Thursday October 29th.

At 8260 feet, a typical October will produce several nights of ideal snowmaking conditions. With the snow guns blazing, Show Off run can be opened in as few as two solid nights, so and in many cases an October opening is a real possibility. However, the warmer temperatures this month did not quite reach the freezing duration needed for productive snowmaking. We held out hope until today as this week’s forecast looked promising, but the snow level is still just a bit too high to get us started. The good news is that the current weather pattern closely mimics that of 1997-98 which was a monster snow year.

Mt. Rose is still on track to be the first Tahoe resort open for the 2015-16 winter ski & snowboard season. The predicted El Nino weather pattern has proven favorable to Mt. Rose in the past as our high altitude and northern exposure set us up for a great season.

Stay tuned for more updates and continue to check skirose.com.

Does anyone know where the early "Unofficial Squaw" videos are hiding? Before the networks change.

I was looking for a few of the Dutton videos and I can't find them... Actually some of the early videos were bitchin, I'd be bummed if they were lost.

Thanks!

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

^^ Probably buried somewhere in here: https://vimeo.com/unofficialnetworks/videos

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ Probably buried somewhere in here: https://vimeo.com/unofficialnetworks/videos
    This is quicker: https://vimeo.com/unofficialsquaw

EDIT: even quicker: https://vimeo.com/unofficialsquaw/vi...tton/sort:date

Looks like plenty of snow for some of you

Last edited by TahoeBC; 10-29-2015 at 08:23 AM.

That's about as much as I've seen on that hillside at the end of the last two Decembers. So, we're off to a great start!
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Found the flick I was looking for!

Thanks!
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

SRO crowd tonight at the Tahoe Art Haus & Cinema for Call of the Mild, latest film from local crew JonBob Productions.

Next week, Thursday, November 5th, there's a screening of The Great Siberian Traverse, starring Ingrid Backstrom (word is she will be in attendance).

"Looking at potential snowfall amounts it will depend on how fast snow levels fall as to how much snow falls below 8000 feet. Above 8000 feet most of this storm should be snow and we could see 6-9 inches on the East side of the basin, 9-12 inches on the West side, with up to 15 inches West of the lake along the crest. Above 7000 feet we could see 3-6 inches on the East side of the basin, and 4-8 inches on the West side. At lake level we could see 2-3 inches on the East side of the basin, and 3-4 on the West side." - BA

Godzilla Baby Jesus is upon us!!!!!

Ssssh let's not jinx this right out of the gate

As if the thread title isn't a jinx. Fuck that. I'm done with superstition. This shits gonna be bigger than Jesus could ever be. No matter what. Godzilla El Nino is happening. It's too big to fail. The hype isn't even coming close to HOW BIG this winter is gonna be. I can't wait for Godzilla Squaw lines and bay area herds all up in this bitch!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    As if the thread title isn't a jinx. Fuck that. I'm done with superstition. This shits gonna be bigger than Jesus could ever be. No matter what. Godzilla El Nino is happening. It's too big to fail. The hype isn't even coming close to HOW BIG this winter is gonna be. I can't wait for Godzilla Squaw lines and bay area herds all up in this bitch!!!!
    +1

got a letter in the mail that my previous two years' squaw pass is activated and ready to go

Easy tiger. Definitely a six beer job to click the "View Forum Posts" link and click to the last page.

Just make sure to go back and delete those posts before the next time you mention "those" folks from where you came from while in your second year living in NLT. You gotta be consistent, after all.

Enjoy your new split.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    You got me all wrong there, tiger. Just because I said I can't wait for the crowds doesn't mean anything about me trying to say 'I'm a local, and I'm better than people from the Bay Area'. You made that up in your head. I was simply trying to say, "I hope its a good fucking year so all the people come up and fucking ski in Tahoe". I never said "I'm such a OG local and I'm so much better than everyone else". But since you know me so well.... Anyways, my parents had a place in Tahoma for 25 years until they split. No I'm not a HARDCORE LOCAL... but I've spent time in Tahoe every single year since I was born.

Whats your story? You got hella posts... thats pretty sweet.
    Sheeez man. My bad.

I don't have a story, but I like to ski. Can we still be friends?

Rabble rabble rabble.

Of course. How can we not be friends. I do snowboard sometimes though so it is possible I will slow you down on flat sections unless you stop to lend me a pole from time to time.

I just didn't like the whole call-out thing from someone with 6,000 posts... like obviously your a TGR og local... seemed like your still trying to win over the crowd, I mean cummon, I was just making a very sarcastic post about Godzilla Baby Jesus. And then you tried to take me out for not being genuine.... when I've been a Tahoe person my whole life and I've always tried to post stoke and on this thread and others.

I don't have work tomorrow and I've been drinking some coldies. I really can't take these internetz too seriously...