Page 105 of 140 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3488
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Been there, done that.

Wish I had been around to drop xxxxx of xxxx. Maybe Friday if I'm lucky.
    To be pathetically sentimental, I miss skiing with that old crew. I heard that the house next to the a-frame is reoccupied by the former owner of that radio. I really miss that guy.

I thought SuPu's day sounded pretty good. XXXX was great and XXXXX was worth many laps.
    Scooter - we figured you missed a turnoff. Let's do it again.

Hard not to have fun at Kirkwood this morning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PegUNzO4SfQ

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    And stop bragging about skiing bell to bell. You're just admitting your life sucks 5 days out of the week.

LISTEN, YOU LITTLE SHIT!!!! I've been skiing Kirkwood bell-to-bell since you were popping zits on your funny face and jerking off to the mens underwear section of the Sears Catalog!!!!!

Ski-off for you too, bitch!
    so you can see whats up
    and we'll go at it punk, and Imma fuck you up!

are there any frequently used threads/forums specific to bc skiing rather than resort?

Quote Originally Posted by stoneman View Post
    are there any frequently used threads/forums specific to bc skiing rather than resort?
    You mean without the sushi thrunting or all the Kirkwood trash talk?

This is actually a great spot to learn about conditions, talk over avalanche incidents and see some sick photos from outside the ropes. Just filter.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by stoneman View Post
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...s-Thread/page5

Alpine was good^H^H^H^Hterrible yesterday, go to squaw. Rolled in at 8:10am. Second row parking right by the breezeway. Coffee at treats. No line, summit loading by 9. The skier right sides of the bowls were awesome, left side heavy. We still skied Estelle to parking lot and didn't regret the hike. Lower part of pond slope may have had shades of RC Ready Mix. My out of shape flatlander gaper self nearly died hiking, but it was still all good. It's wonderful to have snow.

Heard rumor that the deal with Scott has to do with a perhaps slightly misplaced bomb during avy control, and that an engineer is being brought out to figure out what is required to make it safe. Tower 9 someone said? Interested in the real story on that for sure.

In the mean time, there are VERY few tracks and some awesome skiing to be had in the gentian area. Last run of the day was out there, untracked, and best snow of the day.
    maggot formerly known as abertsch

Skiing today at Northstar was easiest one of the worst days ever. It rained on the 1 inch of new and with the warmth it created the perfect storm of the stickiest snow on earth

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    I thought SuPu's day sounded pretty good. XXXX was great and XXXXX was worth many laps.
    Scooter - we figured you missed a turnoff. Let's do it again.
    Excellent, P hound, will give you a heads up next time i'm in the neighborhood...7800 is calling and I owe ye some beverages.

I'll always remember my worst day: it was back in college when I went up to Okemo, a little hill in the middle of nowhere. They had groomed the run in the afternoon of the previous day, but then it rained overnight. In the bewitching hours of the morning the storm passed, skies cleared, and temps dropped quickly behind the storm. The entire mountain was turned into a literal sheet of ice. Even the sharpest edges gave no purchase, and if you fell you essentially slid the whole run until smacking into a retaining fence or bush.

It was an even worse day than the time I went to sugarloaf, fell on the t-bar and was dragged naked in -80F with windchill; but that's another story.

it's a 2000 vert hill in central VT
    one of the biggest resorts in the state
    20 minutes south of Killington on RT 100
    skiing ice is good for you
    crab in my shoe mouth

Lake Tahoe 2015/16 - Year of Godzilla Baby Jesus

Where is VT?

Slow out there today. Not terribly slow tho. My son was tired and did not last long. Too bad. Perfect conditions for his first lap on 6.

Hey y'all I'm still looking for help with discounts for Alpine Meadows end of March
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Hey y'all I'm still looking for help with discounts for Alpine Meadows end of March
    What were your dates again? I may be able to get you pass-holder discount tickets. How many days?

March 24-27

Any help appreciated.

March 24-27

Any help appreciated.
    Good chance I'll be around. If not me, I'm sure someone will be, so make sure to post up again. How many days are you skiing Squaw / Alpine total?

Then it's actually a better deal to buy a Squawlpine 4 pack than get buddy tickets. Kinda lame. I've been skiing with a few friends now who just did this instead.

Ok thanks

Weekend warrior checking in. Anyone got a sense of whether this weekend's worth going out? Open Snow is calling for 70+ mph winds at the top, which I figure means damn near everywhere will be on wind hold and I'm better off waiting until following weekend (or playing hooky).

Took Tuesday off and hit Northstar since it's an easier drive, should have hit Kirkwood. Didn't realize how high the snow line was, you could definitely feel the frozen over rain. Everywhere I hit in the trees was inconsistent 6-8" on top of a really, really firm unpredictable base. Struggled to find any decent accumulation with much pitch. The groomers were actually super fun and got super fast towards the end of the day, but not the all-timer I was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by kimchijajonshim View Post
    Weekend warrior checking in. Anyone got a sense of whether this weekend's worth going out? Open Snow is calling for 70+ mph winds at the top, which I figure means damn near everywhere will be on wind hold and I'm better off waiting until following weekend (or playing hooky).

Took Tuesday off and hit Northstar since it's an easier drive, should have hit Kirkwood. Didn't realize how high the snow line was, you could definitely feel the frozen over rain. Everywhere I hit in the trees was inconsistent 6-8" on top of a really, really firm unpredictable base. Struggled to find any decent accumulation with much pitch. The groomers were actually super fun and got super fast towards the end of the day, but not the all-timer I was hoping for.
    I think it's going to be crap tomorrow (windy AF and shit snow). It might be a fun storm day on Sunday. But I'm pretty sure tomorrow will suck.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    I think it's going to be crap tomorrow (windy AF and shit snow). It might be a fun storm day on Sunday. But I'm pretty sure tomorrow will suck.
    Of course its going to suck. its fucking Tahoe.
    Stay home JONGS

Quote Originally Posted by kimchijajonshim View Post

Seems like, from forecast, you want to take another sick day Tuesday. Could be your "All-Timer"...

Lake Shasta