Page 12 of 140 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Forget the sat, this is what you want to watch:
    http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/rev/remotedata/

Not much wind. Raining hard all night in BA but no energy to push it through.

Just turned to snow at my south lake pad

Couple inches of heavy wet snow at 5800' on the Reno side of Mt Rose, and coming down steadily. Perfect base building snow. Hope there's lots more accumulating up at the resort - it's supposed to continue all day. Rose claims to be opening on Weds...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Hurray for heavy wet base cement. Let the temperatures dive and the ground freezith over.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

It's snowing in Jackson

Actually, that's 4+ already on Kingsbury
    Last edited by lepistoir; 11-02-2015 at 12:14 PM.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Couple inches of heavy wet snow at 5800' on the Reno side of Mt Rose, and coming down steadily. Perfect base building snow. Hope there's lots more accumulating up at the resort - it's supposed to continue all day. Rose claims to be opening on Weds...
    I just took a ride up to check it out. This is a weird one with the snow levels. It clearly rained all night all the way up. I've got 2" at my house at ~4,800 and there's maybe 3" (1" of frozen rain and 2" of wet sticky) at the summit and now it's just lightly coming down as the temp drops. Hopefully actual snow kicks in later.

This looks promising. Squaw village courtesy of Powderchasers

((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

The roundshot cams at the top of Squaw and Alpine are always good for a look:

http://squawalpine.roundshot.com/squaw/
    http://squawalpine.roundshot.com/alpine/

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    I just took a ride up to check it out. This is a weird one with the snow levels. It clearly rained all night all the way up. I've got 2" at my house at ~4,800 and there's maybe 3" (1" of frozen rain and 2" of wet sticky) at the summit and now it's just lightly coming down as the temp drops. Hopefully actual snow kicks in later.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Yeah. It was weird this morning. At 6:15 a.m., there was nothing at my house at 7,600' but rain. On the Tahoe side of 431, snow began a little above 8,000'. But, on the Reno side of 431, there was about 2" from the summit to about Galena Forest. (I counted two car crashes.) Maybe there was an inversion?

I just skied the 3 3/4" accumulation on my driveway.

I'm in T/D at about 6300.
    It has been gently, yet steadily snowing here since about 5 a.m.
    Snow is wet, gloppy, and slightly heavy; it keeps falling in clumps from the trees in the backyard, as well as sliding in chunks off the roof.
    They plowed Northwoods a few times earlier today, but haven't been through in hours (cars are getting through the snow pretty easily since it's a bit slushier on the roads.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Snow level was around 9000 on tallac last night as the storm was building.

Rain turned to snow at about 6:00am on Kingsbury, with about 6 in of heavy stuff by 11:00

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Yeah. It was weird this morning. At 6:15 a.m., there was nothing at my house at 7,600' but rain. On the Tahoe side of 431, snow began a little above 8,000'. But, on the Reno side of 431, there was about 2" from the summit to about Galena Forest. (I counted two car crashes.) Maybe there was an inversion?
    Same thing on north shore. Around 7am, snow was sticking at Northstar light on 267 but still hadn't started snowing in KB at 9:30
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Bullseye at Kirkwood.

Alpine parking lot as of 1200. It's still coming down.
    I started work at 630, so six inches in six hours.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446499788.394065.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	171088

Not sure how I missed this thread until now. Anyways... Subscroob'ed.

This all almost makes me a hopeful person. None of my shit is in order to ski right now. It is all about the surf. Scored 8-12 footers all to myself this morning. It was a tad lonely. This is the first season in te last decade I was not ready to ski by September 15th. Maybe that is what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    This all almost makes me a hopeful person. None of my shit is in order to ski right now. It is all about the surf. Scored 8-12 footers all to myself this morning. It was a tad lonely. This is the first season in te last decade I was not ready to ski by September 15th. Maybe that is what it takes.
    I'm the same way. I was tempted to pull down my skis and finally scrape off the summer storage wax and get my ski bag in order but decided not to tempt fate. Instead I went out and enjoyed some wet trails on my mountain bike during lunch. Perhaps our indifference is helping?

Rose claiming a Wednesday opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    This all almost makes me a hopeful person. None of my shit is in order to ski right now.
    I`ll post pictures tomorrow to get you to change that. hopefully
    Snow Flake Killer

8 inches at my house in multiple spots. Im at 7500 ft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1446507257518.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	171094  

5" on my car this morning
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1446507500168.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	171095  

[TGRVIDEO_REM][/TGRVIDEO_REM]7500 looks promising

3snowboards

However many inches this is. 5 o'clock on Tramway and still snowing steadily.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post
    I`ll post pictures tomorrow to get you to change that. hopefully
    You goin' up 50?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.