Page 64 of 140 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3488
    thanks for all the stoke and updates

sorry for some spam, but SF north bay folks may be interested in these two events

Greetings from ILP:

Nice work, whoever hit up RKP:

I centerpunched the steep bowl on ILP's north side and could only get small sluffs that petered out. Was about 5" of pow on top of a thicker layer.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Powdork today

^east shore?

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    ^east shore?
    Yup

Anybody know where to get a BCA cylinder filled in SLT?

Thanks in advance.

Any reports from KW. Was going to drag my slow slowboarder buddy up for his first turns in years. Another friend on the hill is reporting on and off drizzle up there. Seems odd at SLT and CP were below freezing as of her report at 9:30. So. What is happening to the snowpack right now? Don't want to drive up for a crusty dozen resort on Sunday.

Snowing on the web cam and the screen is dry. Snowing here in meyers.
    Couple more from yesterday

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bear-scratch-079b.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	174698   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bear-scratch-130.jpg 
Views:	1551 
Size:	361.3 KB 
ID:	174699  
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I too heard it was raining at kwood and the temp was 26degrees

K-factored

Found heavier but smeary pow around Carson pass. Kwood was holding good wintery chalk in the shade. Poor vis was the only issue.

Just heard about ice pellets on echo too.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Snowing on the web cam and the screen is dry. Snowing here in meyers.
    Couple more from yesterday]

Sand harbor below? Have Always wanted to hit that line!

Move along, just some phone pics from today.

and a rainbro.

Good amount of surface hoar throughout the ridge at Alpine yesterday. Light snow, light winds today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452412786.424603.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	908.0 KB 
ID:	174734

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452412802.549087.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	997.1 KB 
ID:	174735

Thank god the snow finally went to shit this weekend so I could get some work done 😆

Posting this up here because I'd rather not ship. I have these 187 4FRNT MSPs that just aren't doing it for me. They are a symmetrical twin and feel forward mounted even though my boot center is behind the mark on the ski. Pics included for adjustment range and position of boot on ski. Boots are 320mm. The gash on the one has been super pro welded and they're in pretty good shape. Plenty of life left for a daily driver before they become buttery noodles for the park. I'm looking for more of an all-mountain ski around 100 underfoot, 190ish. Trades preferred. Thanks!

Last edited by lepistoir; 01-10-2016 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powfiend View Post
    Thank god the snow finally went to shit this weekend so I could get some work done ��
    You must have ridiculously high standards because it's still awesome from what I experienced.

Lake Tahoe 2015/16 - Year of Godzilla Baby Jesus

I still found some good snow out there...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452492823.889076.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	174775
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 01-11-2016 at 12:15 AM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by stanmarsh View Post
    Okay so I've completed my first two posts which I'm pretty sure means I get to JONG out here for a sec.

So...

Moved out to the Bay Area from the northeast this summer, and know almost no one on the West Coast.

Been looking to get more into ski touring for a long time now, but bc experience has been mostly limited to visiting friends on vacation due to my whole living in the northeast thing. Have about 10 days in the backcountry over the past 5 years, including 2 around Tahoe so far this season.

I try to get out when I can, am taking Avy 1 with ASI later this month, and spend a tonof time reading and speaking with people, but like I said, I don't really know many people out here yet so it's tough to go out and get actual experience. Not really into touring alone at this stage (ha).

Taking med school prerequisites right now so have a couple weeks off, and will be hanging in the Truckee/squaw area. Will also be around at least Thurs-Sun once school starts up.

Any advice on meeting touring partners? Are people here willing to let me tag along on some mellower tours? Or are there meetups or something I could get involved with? Is there like a Tinder for touring partners? Did I just come up with a genius idea? Or am I in the wrong place? Tech talk JONG?

No chance of sis or gf pics but always more than happy to buy people beer in return for help.

Muchas gracias.
    That's all it takes around here, in about 3 years you'll know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by stanmarsh View Post
    Okay so I've completed my first two posts which I'm pretty sure means I get to JONG out here for a sec.

So...

Moved out to the Bay Area from the northeast this summer, and know almost no one on the West Coast.

Been looking to get more into ski touring for a long time now, but bc experience has been mostly limited to visiting friends on vacation due to my whole living in the northeast thing. Have about 10 days in the backcountry over the past 5 years, including 2 around Tahoe so far this season.

I try to get out when I can, am taking Avy 1 with ASI later this month, and spend a tonof time reading and speaking with people, but like I said, I don't really know many people out here yet so it's tough to go out and get actual experience. Not really into touring alone at this stage (ha).

Taking med school prerequisites right now so have a couple weeks off, and will be hanging in the Truckee/squaw area. Will also be around at least Thurs-Sun once school starts up.

Any advice on meeting touring partners? Are people here willing to let me tag along on some mellower tours? Or are there meetups or something I could get involved with? Is there like a Tinder for touring partners? Did I just come up with a genius idea? Or am I in the wrong place? Tech talk JONG?

No chance of sis or gf pics but always more than happy to buy people beer in return for help.

Muchas gracias.
    Go HOME JONG

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    You must have ridiculously high standards because it's still awesome from what I experienced.
    When everyday of last week was 5 star powder everywhere until Friday when that stupid ball of fire decided to show its face and wake us up into to a California reality from a BC dream it's easy to let ones standards get skewed. Also had to convince myself it would be worse than it actually is in order to finish my work before we drift back off to pillow land in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by powfiend View Post
    When everyday of last week was 5 star powder everywhere until Friday when that stupid ball of fire decided to show its face and wake us up into to a California reality from a BC dream it's easy to let ones standards get skewed. Also had to convince myself it would be worse than it actually is in order to finish my work before we drift back off to pillow land in a few days
    Ya, I'm having the same problems. Best skiing in 2+ years doesn't exactly lend itself to being stuck in an office (or whatever "work" is)

Beautiful Spot!

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Sand harbor below? Have Always wanted to hit that line!
    I live in South Shore and am just about to get into back country skiing. This looks amazing!

Nice job, powdork and tahoebackcountry. So hard to hit that line in good conditions.

Friday was the best bc day I've had in Tahoe for a number of years. First lap in the Cross (hero snow) and second in the trees (untracked bliss). Some photos are mine, some are franzklammer's.

Then spent the weekend skiing BC in Mammoth along the stuff close to town. It was deep and slidey in places, but excellent in the trees. Tahoe still has the better base right now.

Last edited by AKbruin; 01-11-2016 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Added a photo