Page 62 of 140 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 3488

Little edit from NYE over near Rubicon. So nice riding west shore trees again. And with this new lake level snow the lower elevations hopefully get a little less stump-filled. Fuck yeah, Tahoe!

4 to 6 on Phouse when we dropped at roughly 215ish. Skied well and the interface seemed to be well bonded. Snowing steadily the last bit of the skin with a harder burst coming right as we were getting back to the car.

First wave seemed weak here in south lake city, but I found ~6" at emerald bay late this afternoon. 2nd wave was kicking in nicely, 4" on the car after a 1.5 hr ski. Sloughy not slabby, wind light. There may be some good skiing tomorrow.

Started skinning about 1:45 today, started snowing pretty hard driving back and is still dumping real good, another 6 inches and we should have a pretty decent reset

skied squaw today, they got a good amount of snow already. nearly a foot by now, it seemed around 8-10 inches when I was riding there today on the lower mountain.

Heavy and wet, careful on your knees where it gets tracked out. it's really grippy. if it actually snows a good amount tomorrow thursday will be a proper pow day in the upper elevations

I assume squaw never opened up top aside from Gold Coast? If the same happens tomorrow Thursday should be pretty nice up there.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

KT delivered. Rode til noon when things warmed up considerably. Before that it was run after run of refills. It was a ghost town the first hour too. Maybe every 4th chair loading. I was so wet and exhausted coming home I thought I was getting the flu. But after a nap, some food, and good scotch I thankfully am feeling better. It was fucking puking. Probably snowed 6" in the 3 hours I was there.

Hope to get a few turns this weekend in between introducing my 1 year old to skis at Kirkwood. Looking forward to that but reckon I'll be missing some prime touring.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Let's hope so. Starting to snow pretty good at Rose now with no wind. We've been out since 0830 and a couple inches has fallen. If it keeps up like this the afternoon could be really fun. Attachment 174488
    Rosey was pretty good this afternoon. Bouncy where its bumped out underneath but I had my 10 pre-scoped lines of smooth (half in the chutes) that delivered. Now...debating how to attack tomorrow and still cram in some work. Laptop in the lodge could be the correct call

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I assume squaw never opened up top aside from Gold Coast? If the same happens tomorrow Thursday should be pretty nice up there.
    Had shirley open till 1 but otherwise, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by stanmarsh View Post
    Had shirley open till 1 but otherwise, yeah
    I ain't even mad. If they keep it closed tomorrow (at least granite, Silverado, and headwall then open it on Thursday the getting will be good and hopefully not so crowded cause Bay Area folk still recovering from holidays.

I'm on 9 of 10 days on the hill so tomorrow will be a good rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    Six interviews down, seven more to go. Will find out the verdict in March. Hoping and praying for an interview this week in Utah, but not looking great. UCSD is, however, still in play.

Kirkwood was pretty sweet yesterday. Definitely did not feel the same Raincrust that there was further north Friday/Saturday. Was absolutely getting after it on Timbercreek for most of the day with my girlfriend, but the few laps that I did get off of 10 were pretty nice and chalky.

Whatever that ridge is above chair 2 looked off the chain, as it were. Very few tracks??? Patrol says not quite enough snow yet to run the surface lift but probably soon. Had no idea that lift was there. Really didn't get to capitalize on KW terrain in light of "the Bonnie situation" so hoping to make it back there sooner than later.

Sorry I missed you, GBB. The day had its ups and downs... Heh.
    Max, great meeting you even though we didn't get a chance to make some turns together. Regardless, I'm glad you got to enjoy some of the terrian. Best of luck in the interviews.

Sugarbowl was tits yesterday. No one there and easily a foot, foot + in spots. Today should be full on DD titties

^^^ I'm sure Mt Bachelor lift managers can explain how it happens...

DD, that ridge is VIsta, and it is good to go. Been so for a while. Once they open the t-bar it gets fucked. Too many people gaping their way down. Worst lift expansion ever, as it was only ever a short hike from the top of 2, or a ridge walk down from 4. Oh well.

A solid cell just moved through SC and is headed ENE. Hopefully we get some of that juice in Tahoe. Half an inch fell between 3:30 and 5:30. Rain just started to fall again. Grounds are super saturated. Good stuff.

It was full on downpour in Marin this AM. Perhaps we get an upside surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I know none of you studs rides at heavenly but wtf up with a chair coming off the haul cable?
    That is one lift I prefer does not spin anyway!

It's an old lift and I think I read somewhere that particular brand of lift is known for that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post

It's an old lift and I think I read somewhere that particular brand of lift is known for that happening.
    The good news is a large public company like Vail will likely replace that lift. Too much at stake. Unless they just permanently close it.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post

TahoeBC--nothing wrong with doin' the whole Boulder-Stagecoach shuttle! If you can time the bus right, you can literally ski right up to the bus as it's opening the doors....Done that many a storm day.

About an hour ago in kings beach, snow had a bud light
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Lake Tahoe 2015/16 - Year of Godzilla Baby Jesus

Shitty visibility at Alpine this morning and they finally closed Summit around 11 in a complete whiteout. Scott and Lakeview have been good though and you can actually see. Heavy snow but still fun.

The top 6 inches or so is not bonding well at all, go over anything steepish or rollovers and it just cuts loose in mini slab pieces. In other words, don't expect much to open at Squaw up top today (duh).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452108774.660564.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	1,002.6 KB 
ID:	174569
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452115793.968172.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	174572
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 01-06-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    Jakes skiing great yesterday Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452109665.069035.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	305.1 KB 
ID:	174570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452109677.560968.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	297.1 KB 
ID:	174571
    "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

Scott and summit reopeded a few minutes ago at alpine well see how long it lasts.
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

Northbowl chair is actually pretty damn good on a pow day. Right under the lift has a nice steeper double fall-line pitch and the boundary trees under Olympic chair ain't too bad either.

Friday at the Wood for me...can't freaking wait.

I probably won't venture too far into the BC but any of you fools been in West Shore at KW yet? Spur choked filled in? Upper Cham skiable? Need beta.

Kinda a disappointing storm so far at least at south lake, Shakyknees, Powdork and myself did have a few good moments today though