Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Bump, fall trip got pushed back to this August, will be there for 2 weeks or so. Some time in Berwick, Portland, Lincolnville. Interested in a beach I can striper fish from. I'm told in August dawn and dusk are best, anything but a slack tide. Mackeral fishing either side of high. Any suggestions on beaches, flies, if I need waders are appreciated!
    Hey...a great turn of events snapt. Southern ME coastalzone is great for beer, seafood and striper action(ps...also stripper action..fwiw..lol;-)). If you ever get a feeling for freshwater/trout action in August....forget the lower part of the state.. Somerset, north-central Piscataquis and Aroostook counties have the undeveloped quality water and woodlands. Good trout water is a little bit of a drive in Maine.....
    Last edited by steved; 04-17-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Trout fishing is pretty slow that time of year.

Southern part of the state is good for stripper fishing. By August generally the mackeral have left and you need to buy frozen as opposed to catching them and using live bait. Not as familiar with Berwick, but Portland area I would go to Higgins Beach and head towards where the Spurwink River flows out. Don't really think of much fishing off Lincolnville Beach, but I could be wrong.

I am in Portland area and can help more with logistics if you need it. I have a canoe you are welcome to borrow which is close enough to a beach you can wheel it down to.

Good stuff, thanks. Will PM when things get closer.

Have to admit, anytime @Higgins..then onto Pine Pt for brews + seafood is hard to beat...
    August in the backwoods is a lot better than at the popular drive-in hotspot....

Head up north and look into some of the little tributaries on Moosehead like the roach river. Or head to kennebunkport and fish the mousam buy the park. Decent fishing for the most part hit it as the tide is just receding.