Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yeah, Everglades NP is worth a visit, though I wouldn't say it's the only thing worth seeing in SF. You guys driving or flying?
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Pure Platinum might be worth a stop.

Islamorada
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Nov.: Cheeca Lodge and bone fishing
    Fountainbleu: Liv
    Hurricane Football and tailgate.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Nov.: Cheeca Lodge and bone fishing
    Fountainbleu: Liv
    Hurricane Football and tailgate.
    Cheeca Lodge is awesome. Burned down not too long ago, and they re did the main building.

Bath tubs on the balconies. Love it there.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by jayfrizzo View Post
    Where in Lauderdale are you staying? I live in Lauderdale by the Sea (Commercial and A1A).

We have a 21' boat and depending on timing, weather, and if you're not an ax murderer, I could probably take you and your boy out. Though your daughter may like it too. Had my 7- and 9-year-olds 15 miles offshore last weekend.

At the very least would meet you for a beer.

The keys are pretty money, though. If you can get down there it'll be more of an experience than Lauderdale...though there are some decent things around here.

J-
    We are doing a cruise to the Caribbean with my inlaws to celebrate their 50th getting back on Sunday and then flying out on Tuesday. We don't have reservations in Ft Lauderdale but getting together for a beer or a boat ride would be awesome if we end up staying in Ft L- thanks for the offer!

From the consensus maybe we'd do well going to the Everglades for an afternoon and staying on Islamodora and try to do a fish n snorkel.

Dude, if you are there on Sunday 11/22, then you are in luck. There is an "open street day" most of the day on Las Olas. From the website: "Bring your bikes, skates, friends, and family and join us for Open Streets Fort Lauderdale. We’re transforming the street into a playground to create space for people to walk, bike, dance, and play…without cars. This free event, which is being held in conjunction with Winterfest Family Fun Day, will include kid’s activities, a bike rodeo, dancing, a farmer’s market, a street hockey rink with the Florida Panthers, and much more." Afterwards, hang at the bar at Lago Mar (always fun).
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    We are doing a cruise to the Caribbean with my inlaws to celebrate their 50th getting back on Sunday and then flying out on Tuesday. We don't have reservations in Ft Lauderdale but getting together for a beer or a boat ride would be awesome if we end up staying in Ft L- thanks for the offer!

From the consensus maybe we'd do well going to the Everglades for an afternoon and staying on Islamodora and try to do a fish n snorkel.
    Yeah that's probably better and I won't be able to get out midweek that time of year. Maybe do an airboat tour in the Everglades. You'll see more in a short amount of time and airboats, though so noisy they probably should be outlawed, are pretty sweet.

If you head to the keys take Card Sound Road and hit up Alabama Jacks.

I'd also hang out mid keys mores than Key West, but thats just me. Driving to Key West for just an overnight is a lot of driving and not much exploring.

If you are able to spend a day in Key West, take the charter out to the Tortugas. I can think of very few places that are less cool for kids (and kids at heart) than this incredibly kickass fort. The beaches there are postcard worthy as well, so mama dukes should be pleased.

Pinecrest Gardens is pretty awesome as well. I went back when it was Parrot Jungle, but a cool place to walk around and look at plants you won't see back home.
    Live Free or Die