Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I have some of the Shimano M163ish, I think there are a few versions of this same shoe and probably have newer versions now. I really like them. Not the lightest but very comfortable and easy to walk in. Going on 1.5 seasons now and they are still in great condition.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Lots on sale at Jenson right now. What's reasonable?
    I don't know, less than $100?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I've been really happy with these the past few years. Built more like a hiker than a road shoe but since you're a hack you might not miss some of the stiffness missing from a race shoe

http://www.pearlizumi.com/US/en/Shop.../p/151170064ZO

Love 5.10s, but they are complete doo-doo in the mud. Why not get another pair of Sidis?
    Montani Semper Liberi

As much as I hate to promote them, a pair of specialized rime shoes have lasted me longer than just about anything. I used to buy sidis eons ago but they'd always wear through at the 'lange bone' from rubbing rocks. Plus the soles were deadly. I know they've changed that though. I've had two pairs of shimano AM something something endurpo somethings and they both fell apart the same season I bought them. I do a lot of hike a biking up rocks and every clipless shoe that doesn't look like an orthopedic nurse shoe separates between the sole and the hard plastic sole that cleats sit on. Those rimes took 4 years to do it though.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

My spesh shoes have all lasted pretty well but also the Specialized shoe are the only brand that fit me, I notice that nobody is talking about fit, do people just order shit off the internet and wear it?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I'm cursed/blessed with a friend who owns a specialized dealership. So I can try those on. I bang my feet on rocks and hike frequently enough in my shoes I can will any shoe into shape submission as long as the length is right
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't know, less than $100?
    Check out some of the PI offerings at REI. I have some shoes with laces that are nice. They ride decently and you can walk around in them since they just look lile sneakers. I bought a pair of barrel nuts = instant quick lace system.
    And I tend not to walk up.

Can anyone comment on the Kestrel lace? I tried the Boa version, but had to rip them off my feet right away because the heal was hard and stiff and painful and didn't fit me at all. In fact, it didn't seem lile it was shaped for the human foot. Nowhere to check out the lace version near me, but it looks like it might have some acual heal padding like a normal shoe? I think the strap would help my knee, and mean less fiddling with the laces as I ride. The PI's I have now don't have the strap.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    Why not get another pair of Sidis?
    Because I'd probably be better off with something better geared towards hiking and they were free, but my next pair won't be.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    My spesh shoes have all lasted pretty well but also the Specialized shoe are the only brand that fit me, I notice that nobody is talking about fit, do people just order shit off the internet and wear it?
    I know that they need to fit, that ultimately that's what matters. But I have always had a foot that's easy to fit.

I've always loved my sidis, all the different models. Spendy, but outstanding fit, longevity and performance.

If you gobthe pearl Izumi route, go to the outlet store in PC

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

“I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Falcons.
    Straight from the source:
    http://www.fiveten.com/us/closeouts/...SAAEgIj7vD_BwE
    However many are in a shit ton.

My terraduro's failed recently after several summers when the midsole separated from the plastic shank. Hike-a-bike gets interesting when you're rolling out of your shoe starts rotating inside itself.

Picked up some PI x-alp launch ii at the outlet in Bend. So far so good. The carbon shank is much stiffer with better pressure distribution than the giros. They walk a bit better too, with a wider outsole. Plus PI has a lifetime warranty IIRC.

Specialized 2FO Cliplite. Great shoes.

I get a pair of Sidi MTB shoes about every 7 years. Like the ones with the ratchet closure. Fit well, wear and clean well.

On cold days, I just throw a pair of neoprene toe covers on

I have 2 pair; an older set of Sidi Dominator's and a Pair of Giro Terraduro that I bought on clearance (the new style that supposedly fixed the sole issues).

The Dominators are my go-to. I prefer the fit and stiffness for the kind of riding I do. If I had a lot of walking, I would use the Terraduros. My Sidi are about to bite the dust and I'll be on the hunt for a new pair.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    My terraduro's failed recently after several summers when the midsole separated from the plastic shank. Hike-a-bike gets interesting when you're rolling out of your shoe starts rotating inside itself.
    That's exactly what happened to mine. A bit of shoe glue in the separated portion has resurrected them.

Over 7 years on my Sidi Dominator and they are going strong. One minor stitch fail that a dab of shoe glue should fix for several more years.

Given your criteria, I’d prolly get the Scott BOA evo from here:
    http://www.jensonusa.com/Mountain-Bi...rtBy=price-asc
    http://www.jensonusa.com/Mountain-Bi...?cs=Black/Lime

I love BOA, and would not get shoes without it anymore. I’m done with Velcro for bike shoes. Those Scotts should be good for walking. Cheap. I love my super stiff carbon Scotts so the quality is there.
    Last edited by plugboots; 09-26-2017 at 12:40 PM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Lake MX 176

So that's a no on the Kestrel Lace, then?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

No idea how it fits your foot. I have the kestrel lace and love it.

Only issue I have broken the metal loop for the velcro strap on both shoes. I have fairly low volume feet, so the strap gets pulled pretty far, and as the shoe gets worn in, lose more of the space to velcro it. I love all other aspects of the shoe.

Can add Shimano am9 as another good option, happy so far but it's early.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Specialized 2FO clip and cliplight. Had 2 pairs of 5.10 kestrel boa's delam (soles) on me and one of the boas break. Buddies are rocking PEarl Izumi x-alp launch II's and Mavic crossrides, both of which seem great.