Looking for Civil Engineering employment in western US

I'm a senior in the CE program at UVM, expecting to graduate in May 2016 with a BS in civil engineering.

I'm looking for a job out west when I graduate, with a slight bias toward UT, CO, WY, MT, or ID (I know, beggars can't be choosers). Not 100% sure on what line of work I'd like to go into at this point in time, but my current course load includes hydrology, geotechnical design, geotechnical energy systems, and structural steel design. The only certainty for next semester is concrete design.

If you are the person to talk to, or you have any contacts, please pass them on! I have a resume ready to send out immediately if the opportunity arises. I am actively looking for myself as well but any help would be much appreciated.

Andrew

Check the jobs section of planetizen.com
    27° 18°

bump

Now more geotechnical/hydrological focused.

Forgot to mention I have some project management experience from a summer internship in NYC, also proficient in autocad.

I've gotten some good leads from engineeringjobs.com, any additional leads would be greatly appreciated.

PM me if you're interested in the Denver area. I am an Operational Lead for a major municipality here, with contacts all over the metro area. I am a PE in Transportation, but have contacts in all fields.

Thanks, PM inbound.

Check out USAjobs for positions with the Forest Service, BLM, BOR and NRCS. You could land in a pretty cool area and quickly get into Contract admin as well as design for roads, bridges, trails, etc. The Federal Government has some good options available to recent grads, one of which is called the "pathways" program. It is basically an internship with a permanent job upon completion.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    A better option would be to quit whining and go ski somewhere with less people around.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Aclimate Sports Drink- "Go higher feel better"

Denver market is warm right now for engineers.

Keep an eye on these guys too... it'd put you in the mountains at least:
    http://www.sgm-inc.com/employment/

Other local firms:
    Sopris Engineering
    High Country Engineering
    http://www.hceng.com/contact-us/careers/
    Looks like they are looking for some entry level people!
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Thanks guys, will look into those.

Quote Originally Posted by gunniride View Post
    Check out USAjobs for positions with the Forest Service, BLM, BOR and NRCS. You could land in a pretty cool area and quickly get into Contract admin as well as design for roads, bridges, trails, etc. The Federal Government has some good options available to recent grads, one of which is called the "pathways" program. It is basically an internship with a permanent job upon completion.
    Make sure to read the directions, they have very specific requirements, that if not followed will result in your application being rejected.

Not sure if you are still looking for work, but we will likely be hiring someone later this spring. Work will likely include construction inspection and some design work along with the opportunity to learn about Colorado Water Rights. No job listing yet, but if you want to send me a resume I can pass it along to my boss. Here is the company website: erccolorado.net

Little update: I had an interview on Monday with the only EC option I looked into. They came back with an offer yesterday that is pretty good for a starting position. The caveat is I only have until the 22nd to make a decision, considering I have nothing else out there yet I'm pretty handcuffed and will probably take the job. Hopefully they'll allow me to transfer in a year or two to get out of PA.

Thanks for the help all.