Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tech Trekkers are coming

All summer I have been planning out a dynafit - trekker adapter. To the point of having toe and heel pieces ready to 3d print. But it looks like I have been beaten to it.

Just saw a picture on NS from KFSkis of what appeared to be a slick looking tech trekker adapter. Including some nice looking carbon fibre toes.

Pretty excited about this. Would definitely buy this if it comes in at a reasonable price (unlikely it seems).

Cant post pics or a link but look up KFSkis facebook page for the image.
    Last edited by rbk; 09-13-2015 at 10:10 AM.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...99&oe=56751011

Interesting. So this is a Kitten Factory product not Dynafit?

Ye Kitten Factory product as far as I can see. Should change the title of the thread to tech trekkers instead.

Very interesting. How's that going to work with AT toes in alpine bindings?
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Should work fine with bindings that have toe height adjustment.
    Thanks Shane

Quote Originally Posted by cpj.slc View Post
    Should work fine with bindings that have toe height adjustment.
    Toe height adjustment, and a sliding AFD, and unless you want to run some negative ramp from your boots, a sliding AFD in back too. Unless you don't care about your knees, anyway.

The pic of using it in with a Freedom in an FKS has me hopeful since that's what both pairs I'd be interested in this for have mounted, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Basically it'll work with K2 Pinnacles, boots with the CAST modification, WTR boots in WTR-compatible bindings, and AT boots that are compatible with Marker Lord or Soli/Atomic Warden.

It's a just a different approach to the same capability as CAST, with the same limitations.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 09-14-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Basically it'll work with K2 Pinnacles, boots with the CAST modification, or WTR boots in WTR-compatible bindings.
    KF's picture shows it being used with the Scarpa Freedom. Surely they've thought this all through and aren't going to release a half-assed solution.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

The boot/binding combo in the photo tecnically doesn't work together.

Right. Which is why I commented on it. Because surely KF wouldn't half-ass this and get the hype train rolling with photos of incompatible equipment being used together.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    leave it to the kitten cats to build a better mouse trap
    and if you learn to skin with a stack height = to the old ladies come fuck me pumps
    once you figure it how to ski on a tech binding you should be good
    and put your one n done gizmo away
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

It's not half-assed, it's just an alterative to CAST. Until more boot manufacturers follow K2's lead, the boot/binding compatibility issue isn't going to change.

OK, maybe half-assed is the wrong term. Dishonest perhaps?

I really wish Scarpa had a tech/DIN toe block. I get that all the hype behind the Freedom was "zomg Dav skimo boot" but does anyone actually use them for real ski mountaineering? Even Davenport uses the Alien any time there's actual uphill travel, the Freedom would be a great brocountry boot if it were tech/DIN in one.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

looks like a pierre gignoux

KF's picture shows it being used with the Scarpa Freedom. Surely they've thought this all through and aren't going to release a half-assed solution.
    I basically asked this on the facea da book post of that picture... we'll see if they respond.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    leave it to the kitten cats to build a better mouse trap
    and if you learn to skin with a stack height = to the old ladies come fuck me pumps
    once you figure it how to ski on a tech binding you should be good
    and put your one n done gizmo away
    Yeah... what's the point of the "tech" weight savings with a 4lb boot lugging up your alpine bindings anyway?

Just get 2 setups, or get 1 that works well at one thing and deal w/compensation for the other.

I have no issues with my Radical STs inbounds...

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Yeah... what's the point of the "tech" weight savings with a 4lb boot lugging up your alpine bindings anyway?

Just get 2 setups, or get 1 that works well at one thing and deal w/compensation for the other.

The stride... better than Dukes for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I basically asked this on the facea da book post of that picture... we'll see if they respond.
    They replied: "The Scarpas need the apline sole with a "Cast" mod to work with FKS."

Quote Originally Posted by selle View Post
    They replied: "The Scarpas need the apline sole with a "Cast" mod to work with FKS."
    Pretty funny given that they responded with "Nope. New Kitten Factory" when asked if it was a "new cast."
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post

I have enough ski setups as it is and the occasional time I'd want to go to the BC with a heavy pow setup isn't worth dropping several hundred dollars on another pair of skis/bindings. I'd love to be able to use something like this in for the three times a year it snows in Colorado.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

When will people realize its not the bindings that need developing, it's the boots? We have radicals, ions, kingpins, beasts, guardians, which are all great bindings, we dont need more 'touring adapters'. What we need is a boot that tours like a TLT, skis like a Lange and fits in both alpine and tech bindings.

Only then will the 'holy grail' be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Whelk View Post
    a more stupid motherfuck does not exist.
    Big Balls is worst asshat kind.
    kind that wear bukkake from above.
    with warm drown he gurgles final death, for one time not worried about his misplaced import known of african american social standing and prominent community members. for he is only drown, as is the way.

Boot tech has gotten pretty impressive imo, look at the new TLT6P or the Vulcan compared to AT boots ~7 years ago. But not everyone wants a "quiver of one" for everything...

Not to mention boot development is far, far more expensive than ski and binding development...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I don't think you can have a boot that tours like a tlt6 and skis like a race boot. You have to give up something.