Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    almost?
    hi^5
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

mtngirl79 is online now accidentally awesome at times
    sigh.

I forgive you your naivete and believe your intentions are genuine. However, if you've not been through what many of us in this thread have your context and perspective is limited. Not an insult, just a fact.

If -
    and that's a big if - I choose to commit to a partner again, said partner will be self sufficient and have their own lives and financial affairs sorted to take care fo their families, and they can make what ever choices they like about what to do with theirs. At this age, if I chose to partner again, all of those possibilities will have been out on the table for due conversation and agreement. Who will take care of whom if care taking is required will be well established and likely in writing if it is a dedicated life-partnership.

Believe it or not, us TGR geezers actually do think beyond the next cocktail and what our futures might look like. I can make those statements because they are what I choose to do after considering the possibilities, but they are far from 'blanket'.

And you still can do all of those things, if you are intentional and communicative, without a judge's signature and a piece of jewelry.
    Condescending, much?

I get that you feel like you were burned but ohh hey honey, I know we could save over grand a month on insurance... but you know, I don't trust you because my exwife screwed me over...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the old mans going thru the end of the 3rd marriage definitely the nastiest of the 3 and taking a toll on him financially and emotionally
    bitch was bad ju ju from the git go surprised it lasted +20
    he does have a new fishin girlfriend and shes nice

2 decades and 2 years into my 1st im stoked this one still floats me boats
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Nice!
    watch out for snakes

You have no idea what you're talking about, but presume you do all ya want!

What is it they say about arguing on the interwebz?

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Condescending, much?

I get that you feel like you were burned but ohh hey honey, I know we could save over grand a month on insurance... but you know, I don't trust you because my exwife screwed me over...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Sheís a polished turd

mtngirl79 is online now accidentally awesome at times
    Are you drinking again, Mikey?

From the chalice of love

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

Good to know youíre still a polished turd.

I edited out the part where I called you a POS. Over the line. No need for that.

Iím drinking from the chalice of love.

Itís quite entertaining to watch you make an ass of yourself. Again and again.

Carry on
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 07-18-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Single moms are rough customers.

One minute she says sheís focusing on her kids. Next sheís texting me ❤️ about work I did for her. Then sheís asking me to join her and her family (grandma and the kids) for a moonlight paddle.

Single parents.... itís not single moms

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What is it they say about arguing on the interwebz?
    Be selective.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

If I was a single guy, I am fairly certain I would run from the kids of a single mom. Find a girl that can't breed or kids that are grown up and not your problem except for holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

$$$ isn't everything.

Splitting up after age 50 — often called “gray divorce” — may be particularly hazardous to your emotional and financial health, far worse than doing so at younger ages. A wave of new research is quantifying the damage.

“It’s a grim picture,” said Susan Brown, a Bowling Green State University sociology professor and co-director of the National Center for Family & Marriage Research, which has generated many of the new findings. According to one study, people who’ve gone through a gray divorce report higher levels of depression than those whose spouses died.

The economic effects are even more stark. As more and more baby boomers end marriages, sometimes for the second or third time, they’re wrecking their finances on an unprecedented scale.
    https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...ricans-over-50

because survival of the species is one of the tenets of being human, the reality is attractive women will have probably procreated, I've been thru 3 sets of step (ish) kids and I would say I got better at it but you might as well be realistic and resign yourself to 2nd class status

the woman I dated with no kids had a Siberian husky and I probably did the best with the dog

I often silently thank my ex-wife for kicking me out when i was still young enough to financialy recover

$$$$ isn't everything but it sure beats the alternative
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

That was a big part of my calculus. Iíd just reached break even point financially; little later than I should have. Partially because I got a late start on a career and partially because she would not get a goddamned job. If I can maintain break even for the next few years while supporting her through her series of entry level jobs I should be able to recover in my 40ís. Wait until late 40ís after Iíve started to acquire some wealth? Seems like a no win.
    focus.

The best divorce is one that never happens.

Just got the loan for the 4R paid off the other day.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    There they are! I was gonna give you shit about not rowing but then I realized she probably wanted to row.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Depending on the your personal cutoff date it could be.

From my vantage point 60+ looks like it sucks balls if youíre alone. Generally.

Iíll let that demo here respond in kind.
    my plan is to pack a squaw at 65, maybe. i might be busy, not being nagged.

by then, it's all quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    That was a big part of my calculus. I’d just reached break even point financially; little later than I should have. Partially because I got a late start on a career and partially because she would not get a goddamned job. If I can maintain break even for the next few years while supporting her through her series of entry level jobs I should be able to recover in my 40’s. Wait until late 40’s after I’ve started to acquire some wealth? Seems like a no win.
    Why did you marry someone who wouldn't work? Sounds like a lose/lose scenario.

I should be able to recover in my 40ís. Wait until late 40ís after Iíve started to acquire some wealth? Seems like a no win.
    it worked for me probably due in some part to an eclectic combo of good luck/good timing/ good drugs and the american cousins shitting the bed with the credit swap crisis
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

Quote Originally Posted by throwitaway9876 View Post
    Why did you marry someone who wouldn't work? Sounds like a lose/lose scenario.
    She was working when we got pregnant. Quit/moved to have the baby. Never went back.

Being a stay at home mom appealed to her. The irony is she complains that she put all this work into being a stay at home mom and now itís hard to find a good job and now Iím so much further ahead than she is. She acts like Iím the one who did this to her. Zero appreciation that she had that opportunity and I wasnít really too big a dick about it outside of the ďhey, this would be a lot easier if you found a jobĒ prodding every couple months. But, being a ďsupportive husbandĒ for all those years meant telling her she was making a damned impressive contribution to the home that society largely did not recognize, and acting like I meant it. Catch-22....

Her initial spousal support demand was half my income for the next 10 years.
    focus.

She was working when we got pregnant. Quit/moved to have the baby. Never went back.

Being a stay at home mom appealed to her. The irony is she complains that she put all this work into being a stay at home mom and now it’s hard to find a good job and now I’m so much further ahead than she is. She acts like I’m the one who did this to her. Zero appreciation that she had that opportunity and I wasn’t really too big a dick about it outside of the “hey, this would be a lot easier if you found a job” prodding every couple months. But, being a “supportive husband” for all those years meant telling her she was making a damned impressive contribution to the home that society largely did not recognize, and acting like I meant it. Catch-22....

Her initial spousal support demand was half my income for the next 10 years.
    Sounds like a classic dependapotamus story. Now that she is accustomed to not working she wants half of your net worth, child support and half of your income going ten years into the future.

ok so do you like go through life sizing up women as if every relationship or marriage is a business decision?
    that's just plain wrong unless you define your life by money

went out with this chick the other day, she wore the shortest fucking skirt ever, all nite long I'm thinking about how nice it is, and the thing is just creeping up, and she keeps pulling it down
    was I concerned that she's a part time deli clerk at city market or that she is thirty something living with three other chicks in a shit hole condo
    no I'm thinking about the thong under that skirt and how gorgeous she looks

I sure as heck wasn't thinking about a prenup or what her w2 looked like
    life is too short

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    was I concerned that she's a part time deli clerk at city market or that she is thirty something living with three other chicks in a shit hole condo
    No but she is. Her clock is ticking. She wants out of the condo and she wants a 8-5salary job that doesn't involve weighing out precisely 0.75 lbs of Boar's Head Cracked Pepper Turkey for a mom with an attitude.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang