Page 236 of 272 FirstFirst ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 6779
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    nah just elbow the kid out of the way
    Right?

My moto and boats appraised as I had hoped. I don’t particularly care but that nagging desire for, I suppose, justice, prevailed. If she wants my beat to hell adventure bike for 7k I’d happily part with it….but I love that machine and I’m not OK walking away from it for closer to what my connection to the machine is worth.

First and hopefully final mediation coming shortly. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Choss Jonger, Sr. View Post
    My moto and boats appraised as I had hoped. I don’t particularly care but that nagging desire for, I suppose, justice, prevailed. If she wants my beat to hell adventure bike for 7k I’d happily part with it….but I love that machine and I’m not OK walking away from it for closer to what my connection to the machine is worth.

First and hopefully final mediation coming shortly. Wish me luck.
    I absolutely get that instinct.

Now is the time to let it go. If you go into this with the mindset that you are going to the best deal possible and it is "just" stuff you will be far better off in the long run than if you get fixated on a thing or a price for that thing.

There are some techniques that can be used to find your triggers and use those against you.

Zen is your friend my friend!

As the owner of a few special case Hondas I truly understand where you are coming from. However, you are likely to end up with the bike in the end anyway it is just a matter of price- being clear that you are willing to let it go is the surest way to ensure you keep it at a reasonable cost if that makes sense.

Knowing that, focus on the things that she may have a similar attachment to.

Then let the negotiating begin.

the boat the bike the house, none of it was yours anyway

it was only 1/2 yours
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Near and dear like the family jewels, she hit me in the retirement sac. I know her pressure points though and hold veto power over them as they are 1/2 mine. I do not particularly care about anything aside from honest valuation and semi-equitable division. I’d already gathered my preferred language for the lawyers on this but you kind fellows had graciously furnished such similar supportive advice before I got back here. I really appreciate it.

Currently looking for a jurisdiction for the day I am legally permitted to remarry, one that courageously avoids the No Fault copout and will consider infidelity/mental illness even though only the latter applies to my junkshow. And yes as soon as it’d not be bigamy I will be tying the knot with my HS sweetheart. I had it right at age 16 just the whole boy blood thing got in the way.

I had it right at age 16
    Hoping this sentiment ages well.

CJ jr, getting roasted in the fire, and can’t wait to get into the frying pan.
    Best of luck mag.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Currently looking for a jurisdiction for the day I am legally permitted to remarry, one that courageously avoids the No Fault copout and will consider infidelity/mental illness even though only the latter applies to my junkshow. And yes as soon as it’d not be bigamy I will be tying the knot with my HS sweetheart. I had it right at age 16 just the whole boy blood thing got in the way.
    Fucking pre-nup.... seriously.

yeah pre-nup ^^ OR why get married again at all ?

And yeah the retirement thing is huge

Thank you fellas for your input.

Finished mediation yesterday, and then we made love, we discussed prenup and we agreed to a jurisdiction that considers relative fault for dissolution of marriage.

I can hardly wait to take the next pregnancy test although perhaps I should lay off the goofy bush before getting my hopes up too too much.

I am very stoked to see if the purchase of a new dirtbike from shared funds expedites things for the stbxwife.

I am very excited to see how she squirms when notified that I aim to block her from keeping the marital home.

This shit is the worst. Constant psychic attack after I already quit my job, left the home, moved 300 miles away, found new job and place to stay yet I am for some reason paying half the mortgage.

Fault must be considered in marital dissolution for justice to be served. Stbxwife was institutionalized and heavily medicated for bipolar disorder by age 16. This should be considered in division of assets as it absolutely drove me from the marital home.

Also no tidday pics yet but I do believe she’ll be inclined to praise Ullr when the time comes.

Fault must be considered in marital dissolution for justice to be served. Stbxwife was institutionalized and heavily medicated for bipolar disorder by age 16. This should be considered in division of assets as it absolutely drove me from the marital home.
    I know it might suck in your personal case (and mine for that matter), but trying to assign fault is a disaster rife with so many unintended consequences. He said / she said to infinity.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I know it might suck in your personal case (and mine for that matter), but trying to assign fault is a disaster rife with so many unintended consequences. He said / she said to infinity.
    This. Best if you can both agree to just walk away. 2nd best, you just walk away and take it like a (wo)man.

that’s what I did and it sucked but not as bad as a fkn fight would have sucked

and now I’m tied back in with an old girlfriend and things are pretty damn good
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    …and now I’m tied back in with an old girlfriend and things are pretty damn good
    Good to hear. Things do get better.

Thank you fellas for your input.

Finished mediation yesterday, and then we made love, we discussed prenup and we agreed to a jurisdiction that considers relative fault for dissolution of marriage.

I can hardly wait to take the next pregnancy test although perhaps I should lay off the goofy bush before getting my hopes up too too much.

I am very stoked to see if the purchase of a new dirtbike from shared funds expedites things for the stbxwife.

I am very excited to see how she squirms when notified that I aim to block her from keeping the marital home.

This shit is the worst. Constant psychic attack after I already quit my job, left the home, moved 300 miles away, found new job and place to stay yet I am for some reason paying half the mortgage.

not trying to piss off the ex might go better for you, there will be plenty of time later

IME go to court the lawyer is 300 $ an hr, the RE appraiser was 50$ an hr for the witness to sit there all day until somebody calls him even he is miffed, the judge/ the court reporter/ the bailif/ have heard it all before, so nobody gives a fu ck about you or your life or how much this is all costing, they are just waiting for judge to call lunch and btw ... no fault is no fault

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    not trying to piss off the ex might go better for you, there will be plenty of time later

IME go to court the lawyer is 300 $ an hr, the RE appraiser was 50$ an hr for the witness to sit there all day until somebody calls him even he is miffed, the judge/ the court reporter/ the bailif/ have heard it all before, so nobody gives a fu ck about you or your life or how much this is all costing, they are just waiting for judge to call lunch and btw ... no fault is no fault
    I’d agree. There are plenty of places where the fighting is free. Court is very much not one of them.
    focus.

Ya - trying to get “justice” in a divorce case! Good luck with that. If you are lucky you can achieve fairness. If you are lucky

Family court is part of the legal system not the justice system

Have you considered poisoning her and collecting on the life insurance?

Saw that on a recent show on the ID network.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Wife #1 split was at the very beginning of a crazy rapid rising RE bubble, had a legal seperation agreement in place in < 2weeks split it all up & buy her out

in < a year the house doubles in value (on paper) #1 claims temporary insanity and wants mo money

fortunatley the lawyer had penned a pretty good separation agreement, but also she was pregnant so we had to shove the case off into the future somewhere, by the time we got to court a couple years later the RE bubble had burst, in < 2 yrs the value had pretty much doubled but then collapsed to the point the appraiser (judge loved him) could prove a net rise of only 6%, divorce is granted the agreement stands and there was no benifit anyhow

nobody knows whats gona happen but its usualy best get it done soonest and get it done right

Wife's friend's husband has completely lost it. Appears to be suffering from some combination of NPD/BP/schizo/paranoid delusion. For weeks he's been stalking her and accusing her of infidelity on a near-daily basis. He has completely abandoned all parenting responsibility and his level of disregard for his own son (9) is sociopathic. He recently broke into her room in the middle of the night and spent well over an hour berating her about her supposed indiscretions. She has a litany of crazy text messages and emails saved and recorded the confrontation in her bedroom. During that confrontation he ordered her to delete that recording and everything else in her possession and threatened to smash her phone and computer in the street if she refused (she did no such thing, and thankfully he did not follow through). Multiple times he's walked right up to the line of threating direct physical violence against her and their son. He owns guns. We're genuinely concerned for both of their safety.

She finally decided to hire an attorney yesterday. She caught him stalking her again today so she broke down and reported everything to the police. Who knows how he'll respond to that escalation but it had to be done. A couple days ago her son told her, "I wish Dad would die." Completely fucked situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Wife's friend's husband has completely lost it. Appears to be suffering from some combination of NPD/BP/schizo/paranoid delusion. For weeks he's been stalking her and accusing her of infidelity on a near-daily basis. He has completely abandoned all parenting responsibility and his level of disregard for his own son (9) is sociopathic. He recently broke into her room in the middle of the night and spent well over an hour berating her about her supposed indiscretions. She has a litany of crazy text messages and emails saved and recorded the confrontation in her bedroom. During that confrontation he ordered her to delete that recording and everything else in her possession and threatened to smash her phone and computer in the street if she refused (she did no such thing, and thankfully he did not follow through). Multiple times he's walked right up to the line of threating direct physical violence against her and their son. He owns guns. We're genuinely concerned for both of their safety.

She finally decided to hire an attorney yesterday. She caught him stalking her again today so she broke down and reported everything to the police. Who knows how he'll respond to that escalation but it had to be done. A couple days ago her son told her, "I wish Dad would die." Completely fucked situation.
    Jeezus.

Fuck, I am going through that with our best (while he no longer is) friends. He broke into her room while in a rage, she called the cops and ended up hitting him in the face and drew blood. Now I am involved with social services calling me. He crashed into their house with her new Mercedes with 3 kids in the back, think he is doing blow or something and drinking while on anti anxiety meds which crank up the effect. Such a shitty situation. Feel so bad for her and the kids.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Jesus. She needs more help than an attorney. She might need a safehouse.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Jesus. She needs more help than an attorney. She might need a safehouse.
    Yes, getting them out of their house is a top priority.

Update: Cops told her what we've been trying to--that these are the types of behaviors that precede people getting murdered. Detective assigned just to her case, husband gets served a protective order Monday.