Page 231 of 272 FirstFirst ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 6779
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Stop using the word pussy to describe the weak you limp dick bottom

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    STFU CUNT. Is that better?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    STFU CUNT. Is that better?
    Fuck off limp dick burner. Go gargle more of SuPu’s jizz.

All I know is that I tried to make things easy and figured as long as I was doing right by my kids I didn't need a lawyer.

In the meantime my ex's lawyer was ass raping me and my ex was emotionally manipulating me to not even ask for any lube.

Thank God that cunt (the lawyer) fucked up and didn't make the order for spousal support non modifiable.

Now, I tried again to go without a lawyer and offered my ex a very reasonable amount to move on. She refused.

To every single person vilifying anyone for their choices regarding representation during one of the most difficult times of their lives, go fuck yourself

Fuck off limp dick burner. Go gargle more of SuPu’s jizz.

Trigger Warning on aisle 5.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Trigger Warning on aisle 5.
    I apologize for triggering you

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    MTM just laid out the truth and was honest as shit and people can't handle what he said? Fucking pussies

Divorce sucks cock but some of you people need to let the fuck go and get over it do yourselves a favor and try real hard goto therapy work on something besides bitching and moaning about how someone slipped there cock in your ass without permission

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    No man. In life sometimes shit gets thrown your way and you never expect it. Like any relationship, when shit feels like it’s going south you need to protect yourself and prepare. And in divorce, sometimes one party get an attorney, and lines up their ducks before you even have a chance. My brother is living this now. His wife booted him, went for full custody, and it’s been two yrs in a shitty rental with nothing. Now we find out she had multiple affairs and was moving money for yrs. He’s still in denial.

I don’t want to see anyone in here living out of a suitcase for 6 months wondering wtf is going on?

I got a helping hand in my divorce from a solid mag and I’m just passing it along.

I don’t think the system is bad or that all lawyers are but I’ve heard enough horror stories about people getting bullied by their lawyers into trying to fuck over their exes. I’ve even witnessed it first hand outside the courtroom

I don’t think the system is bad or that all lawyers are but I’ve heard enough horror stories about people getting bullied by their lawyers into trying to fuck over their exes. I’ve even witnessed it first hand outside the courtroom

I think when you go to an attorney they ask you what you want and try to deliver. If your spouse is an ass, and the attorney has no scruples, he lays out a plan to deliver.

I sued some people once and my attorney would not name all I had singled out. He knew I was just pissed and would not feed into that.

Like anything, there are good ones and bad ones.

Hey um for real can we tone down the homophobic rhetoric and shit? Plenty of ways to call someone a piece of shit without using fucking awful homophobic slurs

thanks

signed, a queer maggot

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I think when you go to an attorney they ask you what you want and try to deliver. If your spouse is an ass, and the attorney has no scruples, he lays out a plan to deliver.

I sued some people once and my attorney would not name all I had singled out. He knew I was just pissed and would not feed into that.

Like anything, there are good ones and bad ones.

One of the reasons I was willing to spend money on a good lawyer is that she was able to quickly and concisely explain what I was legally entitled to (and legally obliged to do), as well as qualifying what was very clear and what was more gray.

She was also quick to laugh and agree when I said that if it was going to cost more to fight for money than I would end up with, I'd rather my ex have it then the lawyers. I know I've said that before, but being able to treat the financial side of a divorce as a business transaction and take as much emotion as possible out of it makes life much better, IMO.

Kids are another story, but my job reality meant that it made very little sense for her not to be the primary custodial parent, and my lawyer was quick to point out that it made far more sense not to fight a battle we'd inevitably lose.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Not a queer maggot, but I wholeheartedly x2 this

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    All I know is that I tried to make things easy and figured as long as I was doing right by my kids I didn't need a lawyer.

In the meantime my ex's lawyer was ass raping me and my ex was emotionally manipulating me to not even ask for any lube.

Thank God that cunt (the lawyer) fucked up and didn't make the order for spousal support non modifiable.

Now, I tried again to go without a lawyer and offered my ex a very reasonable amount to move on. She refused.

To every single person vilifying anyone for their choices regarding representation during one of the most difficult times of their lives, go fuck yourself
    A marriage is an illogical bidness deal which only becomes apparent when its over SO it's alway best to Lawyer up cuz its an adversarial process

and besides up here a lawyer must look at the deal for it to be legal
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Hey um for real can we tone down the homophobic rhetoric and shit? Plenty of ways to call someone a piece of shit without using fucking awful homophobic slurs

thanks

signed, a queer maggot

Fist bump.

I've never been out on TGR but my friends know I'm queer.

Might as well open this closet door and say Hi.

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    One of the reasons I was willing to spend money on a good lawyer is that she was able to quickly and concisely explain what I was legally entitled to (and legally obliged to do), as well as qualifying what was very clear and what was more gray.

She was also quick to laugh and agree when I said that if it was going to cost more to fight for money than I would end up with, I'd rather my ex have it then the lawyers. I know I've said that before, but being able to treat the financial side of a divorce as a business transaction and take as much emotion as possible out of it makes life much better, IMO.

Kids are another story, but my job reality meant that it made very little sense for her not to be the primary custodial parent, and my lawyer was quick to point out that it made far more sense not to fight a battle we'd inevitably lose.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    The local mag who bailed me out hooked me up with a former MO Supreme Court judge. I went to work one day and never went home. Cops came to my office and had me 5150’d on my ex request. She even played my counselor and he almost lost his license. He wrote a scathing letter to the court about the whole plot he got sucked into. The judge called the hospital and told them to let me the fuck out now. That Monday the douche lawyer withdrew the BS temporary TRO. I later settled 1-1 with my ex and gave her everything she wanted. She could have tried asking?

You get what you pay for.

Fist bump.

Well now I feel shitty for referring to your "wife" but I'm sure you're used to people making that assumption when posting in relative anonymity. Unless you're female, as we also tend to assume male on this board since it's over-the-top with (often toxic) testosterone. People really do need to come up with some new insults, though - it's 2022 not 1992.

On that note, heard a great one yesterday. "Do me a favor, go find a scrabble board, eat all of the letters and chase it with the strongest laxative you can find. Blow it out in the toilet and let me know what it says, because it's going to make a hell of a lot more sense than anything coming out of your mouth." Creative insults are a lot more fun.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

thanks

signed, a queer maggot

love ya like a brother queer rainbow bro
    fuck those unaccepting losers
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

thanks

signed, a queer maggot

Seconded. Homophobic humor is not humorous.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Agreed w the above

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Fist bump.

Strong post.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

and besides up here a lawyer must look at the deal for it to be legal
    Kind of - basically in BC if you want any chance of it holding up in court each party needs independent legal advice.

This is where many lawyers may grow a great distain for the "lawyers just want to pick a fight" folks- and the "triggered lawyer" comes out in all of us.

When I did this sort of thing, I would often get these hopelessly one sided documents on my desk. My job was to advise the party of what the law says and what they would likely get if they went to court. But more importantly, how the document's provisions differed from that. Then I was to give them an ILA certificate and send them on their way with a bill for an hour of my time. However, some were so bad, and if all the indicia of a huge power-imbalance were present - I couldn't even bring myself to be a part of it and politely gave the advice and sent them on their way without agreeing to sign the ILA certificate. I just put it in the involuntary pro-bono file and left it.

I didn't want my name on a document saying that I gave legal advice on some complete shit-show.

Also, when the client comes to their senses and decides that actually I was right (usually when buddy comes to pick up the kids with a new bro-dozer, sled and gf - the "driller second wife starter set"). I get a call saying why did you let me sign that?

I can do all the cover my ass stuff I want - no one remembers what you actually told them.

But even beyond that - if someone is going to be and destitute completely fucked over by the agreement - why do I want to be associated with it?

However, once I make that call or heaven forbid my client actually takes my advice - and asks that I provide the other side with my take on the agreement - my office gets to field calls from the soon to be ex and family and I am accused of "just wanting a fight".

The thing is, I don't even know if the folks coming up with these documents even knew how far off they were. So, of course it's the lawyer fault!

I know that what folks in this thread are talking about is not that - but I can honestly say, when I was doing family law I had so much work that I didn't need to pick a fight. I had clients begging to go to court. For every case I took to court I had to convince 5 more that it wasn't worth it.

This may not be the thread for this as every case is its own thing but - Very, very few people are happy with their divorce settlement. That's why the operative word is "settle".

None - absolutely none- of this is saying that there aren't lawyers that act differently. I am well aware of them and I would happily point out the ones I know of in this jurisdiction.

However, this is a more of a support and commiseration thread - so fuck the lawyers! So if you have a "my ex's lawyer was so shitty" story - I believe you.

Funny, I don't hear very many "my first lawyer wanted me to do shitty things to my ex so I fired them" stories.

This. All those advising to try to do it by being collaborative etc. (many of whom, I suspect, have not been through the divorce machine themselves) are missing a piece. Many of us tried that route and it ended up biting us in the ass because the other party was mercenary or had mercenary counsel. I wanted nothing more than to settle quietly (doing right by my kids) and maybe actually have a friendly relationship with my ex.

In spite of those efforts and her claims about wanting to be collaborative, she or her counsel came at me with guns blazing and I had no choice but to get into the trenches. Absolutely didn't want to (and couldn't afford to) be there.

I've written this a thousand times: it takes two people of reasonable sensibilities who can think for themselves and are truly aligned with fairness and some semblance of honor for the other to settle collaboratively. If that isn't the case one even one side it's going to be a battle which requires legal advice. Given how fraught the circumstances are when ending a marriage, that's a big ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Well now I feel shitty for referring to your "wife" but I'm sure you're used to people making that assumption when posting in relative anonymity. Unless you're female, as we also tend to assume male on this board since it's over-the-top with (often toxic) testosterone. People really do need to come up with some new insults, though - it's 2022 not 1992.

On that note, heard a great one yesterday. "Do me a favor, go find a scrabble board, eat all of the letters and chase it with the strongest laxative you can find. Blow it out in the toilet and let me know what it says, because it's going to make a hell of a lot more sense than anything coming out of your mouth." Creative insults are a lot more fun.
    No dude. I was married to a woman. I'm the B in LGBT...

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    This may not be the thread for this as every case is its own thing but - Very, very few people are happy with their divorce settlement. That's why the operative word is "settle".
    wow I hit a nerve ^^

well ya for it to hold up in court if it does go tocourt, I know this from the 1st divorce

I did some recreating with a lawyer in PG ( pretty nice guy for a lawyer ) who used to say " make that deal cuz either you can take your kids to Disney land or we argue in court and then I can afford to take my kids to Disney land "

I 'm OK with both my divorce deals, I like to think I divorced well which is actualy more important than marrying well given the amount of unions that don't last, but I can see how family law in a town this small would suck
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-30-2022 at 06:34 PM.

Fist bump.

I'm fine with the LGBTQ

its the snow boarders and E-bikers I can't stand

and then I came out and bought an E-bike

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I'm fine with the LGBTQ

its the snow boarders and E-bikers I can't stand

and then I came out and bought an E-bike
    I love this post