Page 179 of 272 FirstFirst ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 6779
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    LOL.

Family law attorneys are all 100% weirdos. It is an actual job requirement.
    I have this view. And yet I know a few that seem completely normal. But I keep looking at them thinking "what are you hiding?"
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    LOL.

Family law attorneys are all 100% weirdos. It is an actual job requirement.
    Are they worse than the traffic court attorneys?
    Last time I went to fight a traffic ticket there were 20 attorneys with online law degrees dressed in bad suits defending their DWI clients. What a goddamn attorney circus that was.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Are they worse than the traffic court attorneys?
    Last time I went to fight a traffic ticket there were 20 attorneys with online law degrees dressed in bad suits defending their DWI clients. What a goddamn attorney circus that was.
    Sol good man

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yep. You'd like to think you could step back and be more rational in these situations... the guilt with the kids part makes it harder, though. Anyway, yeah, I'm dumb.
    They are your kids so NO you are not dumb, I went thru that same tug of war, so having to cut bait after strike 3 was the hardest things I ever had to do but I seen a pattern from which I had to save myself

So Fast Forward 20-25 yars, while she may have been a terrible wife she was actualy a good ex-wife so the kids are all right both my sons have done well

so what can you do ? well if you do decide to cut bait, always pay your support, always show up when you say you will, always do what you say you are gona do , so the kids will be Ok if you are ok
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    They are your kids so NO you are not dumb, I went thru that same tug of war,
    Right. Hard for it not to feel like you would be walking out on your kids. And it WILL feel like that if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    so what can you do ? well if you do decide to cut bait, always pay your support, always show up when you say you will, always do what you say you are gona do , so the kids will be Ok if you are ok
    Spot on.
    focus.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I believe last year they were so inundated with requests for this that they ran out of cock roaches.
    watch out for snakes

Smoke a roach instead.

we used to try and teach Gary to use his poles which was a lost cause finaly it was

" Gary, pretend the top of every mogul is yer wifes head and plant that pole ! "

edit: A gary from back in the day, not ^^ garyfromterrace
    Last edited by XXX-er; 01-20-2020 at 06:23 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

Checking in. Ugh. This shit sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by joetron; 02-11-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Damn, sorry joe.

Sorry Joe. Reach out if you need an ear. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Checking in. Ugh. This shit sucks. Not ready to post details, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Must be in the water.

In the past 3 weeks I have run across 4 friends who are no longer married.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

It does bite now but will get better at some point.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Checking in. Ugh. This shit sucks.
    Sorry man. Just know you're going to feel a lot better in a few / several months. I was pretty miserable back in October when I posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    It does bite now but will get better at some point.
    Maybe.

I have not spoken to my EX for 9 months, bottled it up, then it eventually hit me. I’ve even got a new Gal, but when they get you good, it leaves a mark.

I would just like to warn any middle aged dude to be aware of single mothers. They are generally emotionally unavailable, and if you fall for one, God help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Maybe.

I have not spoken to my EX for 9 months, bottled it up, then it eventually hit me. I’ve even got a new Gal, but when they get you good, it leaves a mark.

I would just like to warn any middle aged dude to be aware of single mothers. They are generally emotionally unavailable, and if you fall for one, God help you.

YMMV.

I fell a single mom after my divorce. Kept our separate houses. She raised her daughter, I co-raised my kids with my ex. Kids are all grown and healthy/happy. We've been together for 17 years. She still makes me all tingly.

There are just too many variations in humans to set hard and fast rules. You may have not had luck with the last single mom, but I wouldn't let that stop you from trying with another.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    YMMV.

I fell a single mom after my divorce. Kept our separate houses. She raised her daughter, I co-raised my kids with my ex. Kids are all grown and healthy/happy. We've been together for 17 years. She still makes me all tingly.

There are just too many variations in humans to set hard and fast rules. You may have not had luck with the last single mom, but I wouldn't let that stop you from trying with another.
    Of course.

It depends if they are emotionally “available”. I keep learning new words. And, if they’ve healed from their divorce as my therapist tells me I forgot to account for.

This last girl had an abusive husband, and three kids 8-13. And it’s always kids first, I wouldn’t date a mother who didn’t have those values. But when you get to that point when you have something real, they either have to start making real room, and start getting over past scars, or you have to move on.

That’s what killed me. I stuck around and respected boundaries for 4 fucking yrs, never asked for anything, and then the chic that can’t talk about feelings and shit just exploded.

Last edited by Cono Este; 02-12-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Geez, I've learned so many things about dating and new relationships in the past year it's overwhelming. And amazing. And "who knew this was even possible?" And "why TF didn't I learn/do this years ago?"

For me it has boiled down to trying to determining ASAP (first date, and of course if it seems there's mutual interest) if they're willing to expose their emotional underbellies, speak candidly of their overall needs and desires and if they're wiling to let me do the same without judgement.

I spill ALL my dirt early no matter how much I might fear showing them who I really am will scare them off, and to my ongoing surprise, it usually doesn't. It also starts the relationship - whatever it is - off on the right foot and sets it up for open conversation and vulnerability down the road. It ain't hard to see if that's what's up, and you know real quick if there's anything you're both interested in beyond the first cocktail.

It's also sexy AF when both of us show up that way. I just don't hang with anyone who doesn't.

I feel like "emotional availability" is an often misused term. We all have emotional blocks, and triggers, and projection, and weirdnesses. To be "emotionally available" doesn't mean one is ready for any particular kind of relationship (true love, monogamy, commitment, etc.), but it does mean that a person is willing to acknowledge and own those issues and be up front about the fact those things will likely show up at some point.

Paper work is filed, and it feels so good. 6 month waiting periods are a bitch, though. August 12th is in my calendar as "Independence Day." Bunch of my friends have already circulated this around as a "save the date" for a huge party. lol... 6 days after my 15th anniversary.

Biggest surprise to me was breaking the news to my parents yesterday that it was official. Thought they'd be sad and my mom, who is not religious, said, "Oh thank god! We've been biting our tongues for the last few years." That was a wakeup call, to some degree.

Vibes TJ. Whether or not peeps close to you are happy for you it sucks to be there. It will eventually suck way less, but hang in there. Be good to yourself. Get a good lawyer (not necessarily a ballbuster but one who will protect you from one if necessary) and, sadly, do not presume amicability.

Congrats TJ!
    watch out for snakes

Biggest surprise to me was breaking the news to my parents yesterday that it was official. Thought they'd be sad and my mom, who is not religious, said, "Oh thank god! We've been biting our tongues for the last few years." That was a wakeup call, to some degree.
    Ouch.

The reaction of family and close friends was really affirming for me. Got a lot of “I can’t believe you lasted that long.” To some degree, I was a little peeved... as in “why didn’t you say something??”

Understood, it’s not the kind of thing you get involved with and the correct choice is to keep your nose out of it. But still, a heads up that I seemed miserable for years and that being treated that way was far from normal would have helped me wake up a little and make a positive change sooner.

The financial impact is significant, and I’m still a ways away from recovering. But starting to make real progress on that side. Once the alimony is done and child support starts to wean off in 4 years, things will start to feel normal-ish and I can think about building a retirement. Looking forward to that....
    focus.