Page 149 of 272 FirstFirst ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 6779
    Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post

Again, you miserable prolapsed hemorrhoid of a human being
    Careful..

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Angry outbursts and emotional instability is about the most unattractive traits a man could have.
    It's 2019. That's usually an attraction
    Works like magic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

This is the first thing you've said around here that I agree with.

And more importantly, as usual, Yetiman shows that he is an astute observer and analyzer of the human condition.

Spot on
    crab in my shoe mouth

It's 2019. That's usually an attraction

I mean, the Harry Potter sticker on a Jaguar is kinda funny. Seems like a bit of an overreaction on your part. Maybe try "PNW Brit, the Harry Potter joke is getting old".

Screaming and threatening posturing last night and again this morning. Trying to stay more than an arms length away. Call me wimpy but the older I get the more I find various bruises and scratches etc. to be uncomfortable.
    Set up my own bed in a different room on a different level of the house and been sleeping there for a couple weeks now. Need to figure out how to make some significant progress and at this point it sounds like I will have figure out everything logistically and then act and see how she responds. Her only suggestion has been for me to just leave. (I assume she hasn't thought ahead to how the bills will get paid etc.) She's told me that the one think she appreciates about me is how I am always able to afford to pay for everything we need. Says she doesn't like anything else though-otherwise says I have zero redeeming qualities. Hopefully if I can convince her that I'm still providing enough $$$ for at least as long as she is looking ahead which tends to not be a super long time then maybe she'll go along with some plan to move into a better place.

Document any abuse.

It may never be needed or important, but it may also save your ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

^^^This
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Everyone seems to have this advice but who really does this? Hopefully our most volatile times are in the past tho. For the good of the thread what are the best practices in terms of how to document?

Quote Originally Posted by JensGardener View Post
    Everyone seems to have this advice but who really does this? Hopefully our most volatile times are in the past tho. For the good of the thread what are the best practices in terms of how to document?
    Google says: https://www.breakthecycle.org/blog/5...document-abuse

Email yourself pics and an objective diary entry of when/what happened.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

a friend of mine went to jail last night for domestic
    of course I heard the hero part of the story from him this morning
    but what do I belive? I actually don't give a fuck, I do want people to be healthy and happy
    but I don't give a shit who beat on who and what happened, sure alcohol and drugs were involved, they always seem to bring out the best
    when two people commit themselves to a toxic relationship for whatever need or want they have, why should anyone else care?
    I was suppose to check in this afternoon because there was a 10am court appearance
    but I had other things to occupy myself today

there are three sides to every story what he said, what she said, and what really happened

removing ones self from a bad situation in life, no matter what it is, always seems like a bitch
    the need for money and co dependency are the life suckers out of an individual

took a couple of psychology classes in college. Wondered if BPD is the case since pretty early on in our relationship. Before we got married she used to pull the suicide threat card. Do not know how I was so intoxicated into thinking love and all the promises to do something would eventually heal all. Whatever you call it she's not happy and of course she's never followed through and seen a pro to get any sort of assessment or anything.

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

I never really documented like I was supposed to. I had a hard time imagining the situation where I would say “if you turn to page 9 in my journal, your honor, you’ll see where she said she would make sure my kids hated me!” Everyone would gasp. The judge would order her thrown in prison for the next 18 years. The cute court reporter would ask me if I’d like to get a drink sometime on my way out of the courtroom....

I documented some things, but doing so always, by necessity, took me to a dark place that I was trying really hard to get past or made me relive something extremely distasteful. I get how it could potentially be really helpful.

ETA: I will say that my favorite way to document was to email myself on my gmail account. It established time stamps, proved that I didn’t edit things after the fact, and kept me organized plus I can’t handwrite for shit. Put something consistent in the subject, make a rule to route it all to a folder or tag. Not sure how much more admissible or whatever that made it, but it felt right. If I had a recording (single party consent state, I recorded lots) or pictures or other evidence I’d just attach them to that.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    a friend of mine went to jail last night for domestic
    of course I heard the hero part of the story from him this morning
    but what do I belive? I actually don't give a fuck, I do want people to be healthy and happy
    but I don't give a shit who beat on who and what happened, sure alcohol and drugs were involved, they always seem to bring out the best
    when two people commit themselves to a toxic relationship for whatever need or want they have, why should anyone else care?
    I was suppose to check in this afternoon because there was a 10am court appearance
    but I had other things to occupy myself today

there are three sides to every story what he said, what she said, and what really happened

removing ones self from a bad situation in life, no matter what it is, always seems like a bitch
    the need for money and co dependency are the life suckers out of an individual
    Yeah I pretty much agree which is partly why I'm anonymous on here and not bitching to all my real friends and family. Obviously it takes two to tango or tangle or whatever.
    Been procrastinating hard on planning the divorce partly just to go skiing but there is always skiing somewhere if you are willing to work for it so I guess I need to just buckle down and take care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    TRG's unofficial Harry Potter Club.
    No one asked you.

Back to the dramatic side bitches and broken heart stories

What he said, BUT..... it's very easy to become codependent in that realm. And it's really a no-win. No matter what you do, as long as you're there and engaged at any level, you're enabling her behavior and it'll be unlikely to subside. It's a horrible catch-22, with the only real option being disconnection and detachment to the utmost degree possible when you still have kids on the docket. You'll feel like an asshole for a while, but that's not what it is, and it may be the only way to your survival.

Getting any help? Not for the relationship but for yourself. Seriously....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

this thread always reminds me how wisely I chose.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by JensGardener View Post
    took a couple of psychology classes in college. Wondered if BPD is the case
    Even if a person doesn't have full clinical BPD, bipolar, manic depression etc, Some of the coping strategies are helpful anyway. I have dated a couple people in my past who checked a few of those symptom boxes and the tools to negotiate remain the same. Those past experiences are why I'm pretty vocal when someone says the typical "all chicks are crazy"
    NAh bruh, there's a sliding scale for that yo.

There's a lot of info on the main page which is why I posted it, but to make sure you saw, there's a forum there too. There's a lot of bullshit there just like here but also some good stuff.
    https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php

No one asked you.

Back to the dramatic side bitches and broken heart stories
    Ask me a question!

People change. Sometimes what was a "wise choice" at 25 turns into a bad choice at 35 or 40 or 45. I wouldn't be so quick to ascribe personal virtue to something that is really luck of the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to ascribe personal virtue to something that is really luck of the draw.
    Character and integrity are not a function of age. But hey. if it makes you feel better about your decisions...
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Ask me a question!
    So. Why is it a white house?
    "Can't you see..."

Character and integrity are not a function of age. But hey. if it makes you feel better about your decisions...
    Character and integrity have nothing to do with most divorces. But whatever makes you feel superior...

Personal trauma, among many other things, can upend a person pretty completely.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums