Page 227 of 272 FirstFirst ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 6779
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    It is disorienting to not see blue sky...

I lived in the Northeast before. 90s there was miserable. 90s here is no biggie if you aren't working/hiking in the sun and evenings when it's still in the 90s but the sun has set are actually pleasant to sit outside and have a drink. It's just a really different weather scale.

Now, bump those temperatures up 10-15 degrees in June-August and it's near unlivable, I agree.
    You need a cross between Uncle Owen's place on Tattooine and one of them there Earth Ships I been hearing about.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You need a cross between Uncle Owen's place on Tattooine and one of them there Earth Ships I been hearing about.
    We pretty much do in the summer. The heat here (and that it's only increasing) is one reason I suspect we won't be here forever.

But Silver City level heat? Totally manageable. My car claimed it was 104 driving home. My phone said 101. I rode my bike down to pick up my son and he and his friends played on the (covered) playground for another half an hour before we walked home. Today here is basically as hot as Silver City has ever been and almost 15 degrees hotter than the average high of the hottest month. And it's a bit uncomfortable but fine. Hell, since I wrote this my son and his friend have gone back outside because I told them they couldn't play with the RC crawler in the house.

And bonus points, put a steel plate in the sun and you can fry dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    And bonus points, put a steel plate in the sun and you can fry dinner!
    Ha yep.

Silver City has a similar climate to Walla Walla. If you can handle Walla Walla, I you can handle Silver City. Though the last time I was in Walla Walla, it was pretty hot.

I know a dude who moved from LA to Kernsville. Looks like a sweet spot.

But honestly. I’ve lived in a lot of places and made some mistakes. I’ll never move to a place where there are not a lot of other transplants. Otherwise you’ll spend yrs trying to fit in. St. Louis has been horrible.

I’d rather live in a studio apartment 2 blocks off the beach in Hermosa, or PB, and surf every morning, than live somewhere I got alot for my money.

This Californian has already made that mistake. Shit, I have that now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Cono, living anywhere with the beach within a 30 minute drive is likely $2k (shit box) up in LA, Orange and San Diego Counties. Look at Hotpads.com to see what is out there in CA. Anyplace I would rent is likely $3,500+ a month, but it is nice to be able to surf and ski in the winter. I love CA and would not want to live elsewhere in the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Cono, living anywhere with the beach within a 30 minute drive is likely $2k (shit box) up in LA, Orange and San Diego Counties. Look at Hotpads.com to see what is out there in CA. Anyplace I would rent is likely $3,500+ a month, but it is nice to be able to surf and ski in the winter. I love CA and would not want to live elsewhere in the USA.
    I see friends leaving Ca all the time. Making the decision I made in 2005. Bigger house, half the price etc. I hear friends talk about buying land in Montana etc. but when you get there, and you realize your neighbor shits in the woods, or everyone has family and need no new friends, you realize it’s a mistake.

I hear Bozeman is an undiscovered gem.

Srsly though I hope this thread doesn’t become one of the eleventy thousand trg threads discussing affordable towns with access to quality outdoor recreation.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I would like warmer and sunnier in the winter I think. So WA and OR destinations are not super appealing. Somewhere in the SW or CA, NV. Dunno. As I said, skiing access is feeling less important than it once did. Might become a destination or road-trip holiday skier.

Ideally summer would be in the PNW on the boat.
    Hesperia, California.

Your welcome.

So the controller of a +-50m silicon valley partnership the company I worked for owned 85% of; and I got to talkin; this was maybe 2017. He was all fired up because a residential lot went up for sale he was fixin to buy for about $1m.

MT: "Size?" (expecting fraction of an acre)
    Controller: "about 3500 sq ft"
    MT: "That's a house here. and not a particularly big one"
    "Can't you see..."

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

My God, am I paying the price. Broke up with a girl I dated for almost three yrs and at one time loved a week ago. It was a Bi Polar roller coaster of highest highs and lows about every three months. She would go crazy every 3 months and talk about breaking up so I finally said OK.

Now I’m getting the texts from hell.

It’s such a terrible disease, and having a bit myself I get suckered in. But some people just pop pills and refuse to do anything else.

Will the merchant marines take a 50 yr old?

You do know that you can just block any text that you don’t want to receive, right?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    You do know that you can just block any text that you don’t want to receive, right?
    What fun is that?

You should go live in Italy. Find a place in the Dolomites. The skiing will be sick. The summers will be amazing. I give you a month before you’ve found an amazing local girl.

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I give you a month before you’ve found an amazing local girl.

Riiiight, because Cono isn’t the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Riiiight, because Cono isn’t the problem here.
    I met this girl the week she moved out on her husband. I did it to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    You should go live in Italy. Find a place in the Dolomites. The skiing will be sick. The summers will be amazing. I give you a month before you’ve found an amazing local girl.

If a guy is 60+, that should be the standard response to now what do I do.

How do you guys plan to handle visa shit?

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Don’t screw up the fantasies with silly details.

Oft - go spend some time down at my buddy’s place and see what you think of the area. I was surprised.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4770760...yOkifPKpfDBYpV

And here I expected a pitch for the benefits of fractional ownership.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well boys, I am anticipating a nice slow ride through the next twelve months given that she is ducking the server….but on the whole my life is immensely better today than it was while I was trapped there with her, waiting, waiting, waiting for “some day when things are better.”

The fact is that today is that better day, no longer returning home to a building and a relationship that is negative. I have lost like 25 lbs without effort, I do what I want without belittling for following my outdoors whims, no more meatshaming or shit talk when I fry some eggs.

Vietnam syndrome is real and if you suspect you’re living it, take decisive action to change that pattern. I did. My life is better for it.

If any of y’all that aren’t bouging about where to live need a listener, don’t hesitate to reach out. The help I got from here and from others has been immensely beneficial and while I might need to unburden myself on you all some day again, I am here for anyone needing a listener.

It is better on the other side, I promise.

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

Quote Originally Posted by Choss Jonger, Sr. View Post
    Well boys, I am anticipating a nice slow ride through the next twelve months given that she is ducking the server….but on the whole my life is immensely better today than it was while I was trapped there with her, waiting, waiting, waiting for “some day when things are better.”

The fact is that today is that better day, no longer returning home to a building and a relationship that is negative. I have lost like 25 lbs without effort, I do what I want without belittling for following my outdoors whims, no more meatshaming or shit talk when I fry some eggs.

Vietnam syndrome is real and if you suspect you’re living it, take decisive action to change that pattern. I did. My life is better for it.

If any of y’all that aren’t bouging about where to live need a listener, don’t hesitate to reach out. The help I got from here and from others has been immensely beneficial and while I might need to unburden myself on you all some day again, I am here for anyone needing a listener.

It is better on the other side, I promise.
    I think you’re right.

I got defriended last night. Thoughts of great vacations and sex on the beach now over shadowed by demands I leave my job in the middle of the day to walk her $3000 doodle, or delusion that somehow calling her 5x in a day when she was sick was not enough.
    I haven’t had a drink all week, I haven’t felt the need for one.

God life is complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Fairly certain there are a number of countries in Yurp (Portugal, Spain, France & Italy) that will allow a retired jong with assets live in the country for at least a year or two.

My friend with plenty of money had trouble with the Schengen visa. He is retired and they wanted to see proof of a pension. Had to leave Italy periodically go to Croatia than reenter. He was spending a year in the dolomites. Was traveling with his wife. I may have to figure this pension thing out.
    off your knees Louie