Page 234 of 272 FirstFirst ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 6779
    Quote Originally Posted by mb6f50 View Post
    Not nessicarily. People who are in unhealthy relationships usually have some things to work out.

High conflict homes, abusive homes or even homes where the adults don't demonstrate warm, healthy relationships are harmful to children even if the unhealthy partners are their married parents.

Focusing on making people emotionally healthy rather than stay married at all costs is healthier for kids.

The article discussed studies where they selected out stressor such as poverty, abuse, high conflict, etc and the children with divorced parents fared nearly equally well as those with parents still married.

I think you are thinking if your parents hadn't divorced you wouldn't have had an abusive step-dad but you arent seeing the negative aspects of what you would have had instead.

it's not a binary situation mb6-
    your own statement ( highlighted ) contradicts your claim : the children of divorced parents fared nearly as well ...

riser- lived his situation, and he doesn't need me defending him - but you really need to try to stop projecting your claims to the Life experiences of others.

Thank you. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    it's not a binary situation mb6-
    your own statement ( highlighted ) contradicts your claim : the children of divorced parents fared nearly as well ...

riser- lived his situation, and he doesn't need me defending him - but you really need to try to stop projecting your claims to the Life experiences of others.

Thank you. skiJ
    My comments were directed at muted reborns comment that the article was misguided.

Riser brought his situation forward as antidotal evidence of muted statement that the article was "misguided".

My argument is that its "misguided" to present a traditional, paternal nuclear family as always the best for children in all cases.

His situation may or may not have been better had his parents stayed married, however, if you are going to bring your situation into a discussion as evidence that's pretty much consent to have it questioned and discussed.

I would suggest reading the article.

Quote Originally Posted by mb6f50 View Post
    Focusing on making people emotionally healthy rather than stay married at all costs is healthier for kids.
    This 100% and there are plenty of studies backing it up.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I forget what grade ( probably grade school ) but back in the day I asked junior how he was with the fact his parents were divorced and he said

" every kid in my class except for one or two have divorced parents so whats the big deal ? "

Consider kids get fucked up when the parents are fucked up but if you are OK your kids will be OK,
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

There's a lot of ground between a "traditional, paternal nuclear family" and avoiding divorce at all costs. You are being intentionally obtuse perhaps?

Riser brought his situation forward as antidotal evidence of muted statement that the article was "misguided".
    WTF?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    WTF?
    Ya, wtf?

Well, for all intensive purposes either could be right?

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Well, for all intensive purposes either could be right?
    defiantly.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I divorced when my kids were 3, and they are damn near perfect. Having grown up in a home where my parents fought like cats and dogs it was the right call.

My ex remarried when my twins were 10, and he moved in with his kids. My kids had some issues with that, counseling etc. and he was a pretty decent guy.

So it’s never perfect. Married, divorced etc. you have kids, and you’re sure to give them something to complain about.

But mine are doing a hell of a lot better than I did.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

been hanging out a bit with an old girlfriend from back in the day - that’s been fun - she’s going through a shit divorce herself so we’re taking it slow trying not to upset the kids or the ex or the friends

the day I had my ex wife, my ex girlfriend and my coworker pop up in Match is the day I deleted it
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 07-26-2022 at 12:36 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    been hanging out a bit with an old girlfriend from back in the day - that’s been fun - she’s going through a shit divorce herself so we’re taking it slow trying not to upset the kids or the ex or the friends

the day I had my ex wife, my ex girlfriend and my coworker pop up in Match is the day I deleted it
    That is sig worthy.

that shit happened

You know Mikey, I dated some really nice "young" women way back in the day and truth be told, I think of two of them often. If I hadn't been so young, maybe there could of been something there or not. Doesn't matter, as for Mrs L2S and I it is "until death do us part". I am leaning towards murder suicide at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

well we’ve been in touch for a few years and just started spending some time together and it’s been really great so far

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    thread needs sum cale

and jimmers
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Well so apparently my 1998 18’ aire cataraft and kit are worth $7,000 (i paid $3500 some years ago; my bipolar stbx thinks $7,000 is more reasonable for some reason). The other marital raft is a 9’….but she thinks it is a 105’ worth over 2x what I paid. Anyone want to buy an old raft or my POS moto that she also thinks is worth way more than it is? This is insane.

Also, I have her on video harassing and assaulting me despite my repeatedly de escalatory efforts….she called the cops that night and she got arrested LoL. Apparently since her harassment charge was dropped no one in the state of CO cares about the reason that I have not slept, nor will again sleep, in the marital home. WWMD? File a criminal complaint?

This stuff is pretty awful.

Reconnecting with the splendid person, and ahem, breasts, of my HS sweetheart though….definitely excellent. Esp since I aim to become a father before the divorce is through the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by Choss Jonger, Sr. View Post
    Well so apparently my 1998 18’ aire cataraft and kit are worth $7,000 (i paid $3500 some years ago; my bipolar stbx thinks $7,000 is more reasonable for some reason). The other marital raft is a 9’….but she thinks it is a 105’ worth over 2x what I paid. Anyone want to buy an old raft or my POS moto that she also thinks is worth way more than it is? This is insane.

Also, I have her on video harassing and assaulting me despite my repeatedly de escalatory efforts….she called the cops that night and she got arrested LoL. Apparently since her harassment charge was dropped no one in the state of CO cares about the reason that I have not slept, nor will again sleep, in the marital home. WWMD? File a criminal complaint?

Reconnecting with the splendid person, and ahem, breasts, of my HS sweetheart though….definitely excellent. Esp since I aim to become a father before the divorce is through the courts.
    My wife got bullied/tricked into giving a buy bid for this dude's boat, and it turns out that he was in the middle of a divorce and was trying to get a lowball offer to not have to pay his STBE as much as she was asking for. The guy's lawyer subpoenaed her to try and get her to testify to the amount, and she basically said that he wasn't going to like what she said on the stand, and that if they put her up there she would bring the NADA private sale value with her, and tell the judge she wasn't qualified to appraise boats. They ultimately decided that they didn't want to do that, so she lost out on a day at court, but that dude was a total scumbag/asshole.

There are appraisers out there who will give you actual values, or you can run some comps in your area to get at a real value, though it's might not be worth the cost for what you would save in the long run, even if your STBE is being unreasonable.

No need for an independent appraisal if she says it's worth more than what was actually paid. Pretty ridiculous and easy to prove that and a mediator or judge will look unkindly at such nonsense.

It’s just money and this was covered upthread. If she thinks it’s worth $7k give it to her. Her tune will change when the inflated assets are on her balance sheet instead of yours. This shit is literally highest bidder. There are so many boats in the sea….

It sounds like she’s hurt and scared and lashing out. That really sucks and it isn’t ok, but don’t forget to tune into some compassion even as you protect yourself.
    focus.

CJ -
    If you don't want the (POS) moto ( or a/the rafts), could you assign them to her at the inflated values claimed(,) and take the value in something that actually has value (?)

I would not take anything that was not of value to me for an inflated value - that just gives her greater actual value.

I am sorry you are going through this...

peace. skiJ

Let her keep those old boats. At those valuations.

After the divorce is final buy yourself a new boat, start living.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

^is the stbx preggers or the new/old chick?
    Last edited by skiballs; 07-30-2022 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    If she thinks it’s worth $7k give it to her. Her tune will change when the inflated assets are on her balance sheet instead of yours.
    Ha! This is the answer for sure.

it sounds like you are arguing over a few thousand $ which is chicken feed

any divorce lawyer would tell you to quit fucking around and make the deal
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know