Page 152 of 272 FirstFirst ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 6779
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger King View Post
    Not living with my son is very tough on me. It's been almost 3 years and it doesn't get any easier.
    Make sure your son knows that and do what you can to stay involved in his life. After my parents divorce I lost touch with my dad for like 13 years before he showed up in my life again one day. My wife always asked me to forgive him for the kids sake. Sure, I would be nice when around him and the step witch, but the little boy in me never forgave him.
    Don't be that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    As utterly foreign, and repulsive, as it may sound. I come from a time and place were we take very seriously the vows we make before many. We even did and do quiant things like observe organized religion.

I beleive I chose wisely, one who thought and thinks the same. "unto death do you part." 3 kids, two houses, A cherokee, BMW, Sebring, Solara and 28 years later (well 2 weeks shy). it ain't been no cakewalk, I can assure you.

If you need to think it's dumb luck. thats fine. If you need to think I feel superior, that's fine too. fuck ya. I know different. Saw her at the back of the church 05.04.1991 and thought she will look pretty as we grow old. and I've been right so far.
    I was miserable for a decade because “vows,” and I’m not even superstitious. That’s a decade from the prime of my life that I will never get back. Good on you for finding happiness. That’s all I want. To feel safe and to be happy. Most of that comes from within you, but it’s a massive suck on your capacity to be happy when you’re beset by constant negativity and you never know what version of your partner you’ll get when you go home at night.

Smug out, dude. Fuck ya back.
    focus.

High and Mighty is less interesting than Mighty High.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Is that a quote from Erl Handey, Jack's lesser known brother?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I always wonder what goes through the mind of someone who's marrying someone who's been married that many times. Isn't that a red flag? Does the new spouse think they're so special it's all going to be different with them?
    Ii know eh ?

I was only being # 2 so I was unaware of the situ that would develop

BUT I actualy have known # 3 for 46 years and buddy told me " yeah she is a hypochodriac (which I knew ) I totaled up all the medical receipts they were coming in on average one every 4 days, at some point i couldn't take it so I pulled the plug "

# 4 died of natural causes before I could meet him

# 5 I did meet, buddy is smart enough to know better

so my ex-wife is way worse than your ex-wife, but what i am trying to get at IS at what point is the belief that "standing up and declaring unending love/commitment before dog (whomever she is) " not in your best interest

when do you stop fishn & cut bait and why is is such a bad thing ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    so my ex-wife is way worse than your ex-wife
    "worse" is relative.

As far as getting out, I think there's no particular moment that can be identified. Everyone has their own breaking point. I asked myself through years of betrayal, gaslighting, absolute crazy-making stuff, why I was still there, yet I was.

One day something happened and for whatever reason, it was enough to face the discordant music of saying that enough was enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    "worse" is relative.

.One day something happened and for whatever reason, it was enough to face the discordant music of saying that enough was enough.
    exactly, so when you reach your own threshold don't let anyone else tell you what you should do

But, anyone that can attract 5 grooms Must be quite a lovely lady.

Pics would help.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    exactly, so when you reach your own threshold don't let anyone else tell you what you should do
    Yup.

Is there someone who knows what's up, besides her, who is telling you what you should do?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    the little boy in me never forgave him.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13A3F581-6B57-4144-800D-E7290ADC723F.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	444.6 KB 
ID:	279075

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    But, anyone that can attract 5 grooms Must be quite a lovely lady.

Pics would help.
    The man has a point and pics are warranted.

not that much, not bad looking but the goods don't have to be lovely to need saving so just spread it all out over 40 yars and you got what equals 5 husbands/saviours, in any case all I am saying IS when you see the no win forget about god & duty ... save your self

BTW give your kids credit cuz they KNOW what is going on, my boys just talk matter of factly about their mom, I am just happy she did well on # 4 and #5 cuz it means my boys won't have to subsidize her in old age

things are good with the kids, I even got comped on phantom glide

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    speaks volumes
    Not sure I followed your line of thought. But ya, it does. I worked my ass off for the title of "Best Dad Evar!" so as to not be a useless POS like my dad was for me. My kids appreciate how hard I try to always be their dad for them. Not their friend, their dad, although now that they are adults, we are best friends. If you have kids, try and be BDE for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Make sure your son knows that and do what you can to stay involved in his life. After my parents divorce I lost touch with my dad for like 13 years before he showed up in my life again one day. My wife always asked me to forgive him for the kids sake. Sure, I would be nice when around him and the step witch, but the little boy in me never forgave him.
    Don't be that guy.
    oh hell no. as much as I want to leave the NYC metro-area, I can't bring myself to do that.

I love being with my son. He's incredible to me.
    I ski the east.

So...I kinda hooked up with my roommate (MBG). Last night she started cuddling with me on the couch, which ultimately led to making out.

Came really close to having sex with her but pushed back and told her we couldn't hook up, but we could cuddle (dumb, I know). She slept in my bed. Middle of the night cuddling kind of progressed and we came really close to having sex again, but I shut it down. She woke up me up with a BJ this morning.

My life just got complicated. Thanks to everyone who has been offering what's probably great advice. Guess I couldn't bring myself to follow your advice. Maybe I'm an idiot.

She's headed out of town for the next week, so that will pump the brakes a little.

Quote Originally Posted by throwitaway9876 View Post
    <snip>Maybe I'm an idiot.
    No "maybe" about it.

You're an idiot.

A happy, lucky, idiot.

^I don't even care if this guy is for real or that he was never even married. Keep the stories rolling mang.

Also I am reminded of the Chrysler TC by Maserati. This thing won't let me post pictures right now but you have google.

In my case the relationship is like 20 years deep. No kids but that is a long time for me. People change but also stay the same.

Wonder if I ever will know what to do?

No thing is permanent that is for sure. Read that post and then saw an ad scroll for a funeral home that said "things to consider when picking your final resting place" . Gotta be ok with that not being permanent too.

Sounds fun! Your life only got as complicated as you allow it to become. TALK TO HER about EXACTLY what you're feeling, want, thinking, even if you're confused as hell and scared. If you tell the truth it can't get complicated.

When you start feeling obligated, acting on what you "should" be doing but might not want to be doing, that's when things get complicated. You might find out you're not on the same page, and that's fine, but at least you both know what's up.

So...I kinda hooked up with my roommate (MBG). Last night she started cuddling with me on the couch, which ultimately led to making out.

Came really close to having sex with her but pushed back and told her we couldn't hook up, but we could cuddle (dumb, I know). She slept in my bed. Middle of the night cuddling kind of progressed and we came really close to having sex again, but I shut it down. She woke up me up with a BJ this morning.

My life just got complicated. Thanks to everyone who has been offering what's probably great advice. Guess I couldn't bring myself to follow your advice. Maybe I'm an idiot.

She's headed out of town for the next week, so that will pump the brakes a little.

Fuck her. Fuck her brains out.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

^^^^ this. You’d be shocked how a good shag can make you feel better about everything.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ummm... ok.

But who are you going to blame when you have your what should have been a short term fling crazy woman living with you??

I mean, normally people go on a few dates, fuck or maybe dont and then slowly mesh their lives (or dont) before moving in together (or not)... you know a process of over a year, usually....

So this woman in a shaky spot needing a ace to live on short notice and you in a shaky spot due to your break up...

Ummm. Sounds dangerous.

There is no sense in having a complicated life situation if you haven't actually had sex with her, so do it and make it worth it.
    Live Free or Die

That's true, I guess. The damage is already done.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Fuck her. Fuck her brains out.
    Sig worthy.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague