Page 185 of 272 FirstFirst ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 6779
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    If you're posting shit on FB are you including locations? or is it more insidious?
    No man, I just drove from PHX to STL. And I get a text “I thought you were coming back the 11th?”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    No man, I just drove from PHX to STL. And I get a text “I thought you were coming back the 11th?”

To which you reply "don't I pay you enough to ignore me"?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

weird. not tech enough to help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Is “find my phone” activated on your phone? Anyone with your number can find you.

So.....speaking of PTSD.....

I think I mentioned somewhere I've been cleaning out excess stuff. In doing so I generated what amounts to a van load of her stuff that needs to be returned, across town. I need to reduce my general crap load, and it's hers. Obviously if it was important to her she would have offered to retrieve it but that hasn't happened, but I'm not throwing away her family stuff.

Divorce was final 11/18, and no contact since (good thing) other than her spotting me with a woman at a farmer's market last summer and texting me to say how awkward it was for our youngest (19) to see and offering to "work together to figure things out". Bwahahahaha! I didn't take the bait.

Anyway, I got all her stuff to be returned into two piles (one basement and one second floor) and contacted a local moving crew. Then the PTSD began. Every time I sat down to email her to arrange delivery my anxiety became overwhelming. Some of you may be familiar with the physical symptoms. Just the idea of engaging brought back all the horror. Took me two weeks to write that email but finally did it.

Delivery scheduled for next week, and I'm pretty sure some part of it will become a drama, but hoping not. Could be: "that's not mine", "where's my _____?", "I don't want _____ so sending it back". If it becomes drama it will likely be some wacky scenario I could never even anticipate which would be par for the course.

Wish me luck.

I'm seriously annoyed with myself that it has that effect on me.

I think I mentioned somewhere I've been cleaning out excess stuff. In doing so I generated what amounts to a van load of her stuff that needs to be returned, across town. I need to reduce my general crap load, and it's hers. Obviously if it was important to her she would have offered to retrieve it but that hasn't happened, but I'm not throwing away her family stuff.

Divorce was final 11/18, and no contact since (good thing) other than her spotting me with a woman at a farmer's market last summer and texting me to say how awkward it was for our youngest (19) to see and offering to "work together to figure things out". Bwahahahaha! I didn't take the bait.

Anyway, I got all her stuff to be returned into two piles (one basement and one second floor) and contacted a local moving crew. Then the PTSD began. Every time I sat down to email her to arrange delivery my anxiety became overwhelming. Some of you may be familiar with the physical symptoms. Just the idea of engaging brought back all the horror. Took me two weeks to write that email but finally did it.

Delivery scheduled for next week, and I'm pretty sure some part of it will become a drama, but hoping not. Could be: "that's not mine", "where's my _____?", "I don't want _____ so sending it back". If it becomes drama it will likely be some wacky scenario I could never even anticipate which would be par for the course.

Wish me luck.

I’m still getting shit 10 yrs ago. I just take it out back and burn it.

trust me, the temptation is there. trynna keep my moral superiority intact.

but this'll be one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    blah blah blah
    your old man is a simp

**vibes**

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    This weekend, I went for a long mountain bike ride with my girlfriend on trails that were close to my old home, where I used to sneak short rides as long as I was back within an hour and she’d act all magnanimous about it all. Rode a couple loops that I’d NEVER ridden, despite having ridden that trail system for years, because they would take me past my curfew. And the whole time I had to keep pinching myself that it was real and I kept having PTSD flashbacks....
    I can definitely relate to this. I was golfing with friends the other day and realized I could just put my phone away in my bag and not have to worry about checking in / when will I be done, etc. FREEDOM. I was always able to get out and do a lot of things, but I would pay dearly for it to the point that it almost wasn't worth it. My Japan ski trip in January of 2019 was definitely a breaking point of sorts.

Then the PTSD began. Every time I sat down to email her to arrange delivery my anxiety became overwhelming. Some of you may be familiar with the physical symptoms. Just the idea of engaging brought back all the horror. Took me two weeks to write that email but finally did it.
    Same and same. My brain gets pissed off at my body for reacting that way but I can't help it.

Wish me luck.

Some advice from R E Keen.

My brother had a wife and family
    You know, he gave them a good home
    But his wife thought we were crazy
    And one day we found her gone
    We threw her clothes into the car trunk
    Her photographs, her rosary
    We went to the pier and got drunk
    And threw it all into the sea
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Wish me luck.

Good luck Oft!
    Be clear, be clean, be exact.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Some advice from R E Keen.
    never could stay sober, by the Corpus Christi Bay.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You know what helps with stress, a big Bonn fire.

And dont skimp on the pallets, there is a big pile of them back behind 84 lumber.
    Last edited by SB; 06-08-2020 at 05:20 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Could put this a few different places, but figured a few in here would not mind changing the caption could read "Not my Wife- only my Ex"

Name:  4Runner Tailgating.png
Views: 961
Size:  755.7 KB

god damn it boys be careful

don’t let this shit get you down

one of my best friends, a fellow struggler, died yesterday

he let this shit eat him up so bad that he drank himself to death

he couldn’t get over the grief and guilt of his divorce

don’t fall into that trap

I almost did
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

True that. And so sorry to hear about your friend. I quit drinking for 3-4 months at first (after going on one hell of a binge) and it was a great decision. Easy to fall down the rabbit hole.

It’s also worth noting that the withdrawal effects of alcohol significantly increase anxiety.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Dreadfully sorry for your loss Mikey. I hope he didn't leave devastated kids behind. It sure can be a fucking bitch to keep your head up sometimes. I quit drinking for 2 years in the midst of the shit, returning gently to the sauce after we physically parted ways. Think it helped me, and certainly lowered my tolerance and capacity then and now.Vibes to you and his family
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    god damn it boys be carefuldon’t let this shit get you down one of my best friends, a fellow struggler, died yesterdayhe let this shit eat him up so bad that he drank himself to death he couldn’t get over the grief and guilt of his divorce don’t fall into that trapI almost did

I almost did
    Easy does it, amigo. You know how to reach me if you need an ear. Sorry for your friend.

I’m good Bob. Lots of shit going through my head but I’m ok.

and unfortunately he did leave devastated kids behind. Kids (17 year old boy and 13 year old twin girls) have been put through the wringer by dad for a few years. This just makes things worse. It’s a fucking disaster.

In some ways it’s better. He’s been “gone” for a long time. To a certain extent I’ve already grieved for him. In some ways it’s probably a relief to those kids.

sorry to hear that

carry on my wayward son
    watch out for snakes

So sorry, Mike. Life can be really fucked up.

yeah

that’s a good one

Brad was an old Dead friend of mine

Name:  IMG_1480.JPG
Views: 622
Size:  120.5 KB

I almost did

Alcohol seriously sux. Sorry for your loss.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Anything in excess can be a problem. Moderation is the key to happiness and long life. Sorry for your grief Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.