Page 184 of 272 FirstFirst ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 6779
    Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Update: I got some money out of the settlement (house equity, accts) and there was an opportunity to buy a bike shop in Durango, so I took it. Moved down here last week, will be reopening Durango Cyclery on June 1.
    There was some cosmic shit at work here, the past winter was a dark struggle, but now I couldn’t be feeling better about things...global pandemic notwithstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Congrats, mang, that's a great landing.

One of my oldest friends owns the Boarding Haus which will be just down the street from you. Next time I'm down there visiting him (fucking pandemic) I'll come in and throw you some business.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    You young bucks, at 40ish, are in a much better spot than us older guys when the D comes down.

Heads up, it gets better.

Take some time.
    this^^ i was JUST able to recover financially from divorce at 39
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Moved down here last week, will be reopening Durango Cyclery on June 1.
    Congrats, d00d! I'll swing by when next in town.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

It's nice to hear some good news in this thread for a change.

I love the smell of bike shops, it makes me want to buy accessories I don't need.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Awesome Joe!

You young bucks, at 40ish, are in a much better spot than us older guys when the D comes down.
    For sure. And let me just say with shelter in place there is a ton of pent up demand from the ladies. Like shooting fish in a barrel! (I'm social distancing but a few exceptions had to be made)

Loving my new life. No more drama or bullshit.

Troo Dat, goddammitfuckingshit. And every time I start feeling sorry for my financial self I remember how fucking great my life is because I got out.

Heads up, it gets better.

Take some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Well done. New starts all around!

Update: I got some money out of the settlement (house equity, accts) and there was an opportunity to buy a bike shop in Durango, so I took it. Moved down here last week, will be reopening Durango Cyclery on June 1.
    There was some cosmic shit at work here, the past winter was a dark struggle, but now I couldn’t be feeling better about things...global pandemic notwithstanding.

congrats jt

Fantastic!! Smart move for you. Monty was one of my best buddies when I moved there in 1989.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Sounds great JT!

Wishing you much success with the new endeavor!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Congrats, d00d! I'll swing by when next in town.
    You'll recognize Viva, he'll be the one wearing a mask.

And holding a gun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    so the old mans been going through the 3rd its sucked and dragging on
    in a nut shell
    Hes gotta sell his park city town home as part of the proceedings
    they sold the one in geneva IL she got 1/2 and the other 1/2 in escrow
    he met a real good chick and theve been living togather there for a year
    had a few showings and a lowball offer
    so 2 weeks ago his soon to be 3rd texts him shes broke and is coming out to live in utah in their condo
    So i thought he was working on a restraining order or at least making her quarantine 14 days or ignoring her
    but no last week she shows up meets her at a park and lets her into the condo
    because "she has the right to be there"
    I dont dispute that i do think he had the right to ignore her text and make her make his life miserable thru legal channels
    and we believe he either feels sorry for her or still has feelings
    he tried hard to work it out but she is a bitch.
    so she's a manipulative cunt and i wouldnt put anything past her and he needs to not be there alone with her
    hes pretty much broke his gf is splitting for ak to hang with her sons for a month or 2 while he unfucks the latest situation and im not sure she'll come back
    His 78 yo ass is coming to stay with us paying her 2000 a month alimony and letting her live in the condo while he tries to sell it
    while i have no real problem and we envisioned his stubborn ass coming to live with us eventually
    i didnt see it coming this summer in the middle of a global health pandemic
    i love him but its our house and i feel he needs to be accountable for his actions
    we dont thinks hes been forthcoming and truthful about the legal proceedings and other things
    and we need for him to not pitty party pull his shit togather and make solid daily plans to figure his situation out
    until the next court hearing june 26
    then based on that figure out what hes gonna do hes welcome here but it will be in his/our basement fil that will need to be remodeled
    but theres plenty of room down there
    My wife keeps telling me not to be a dick
    but when i was fuckin up and had to sit through interventions bullshit and git kicked outta the house and live on the streets
    it was called tough luvs
    other than repeating the serenity prayer i learned at rehab im not sure how or whats to do on this one or how its gonna work out for him/us
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    so the old mans been going through the 3rd its sucked and dragging on
    in a nut shell
    Hes gotta sell his park city town home as part of the proceedings
    they sold the one in geneva IL she got 1/2 and the other 1/2 in escrow
    he met a real good chick and theve been living togather there for a year
    had a few showings and a lowball offer
    so 2 weeks ago his soon to be 3rd texts him shes broke and is coming out to live in utah in their condo
    So i thought he was working on a restraining order or at least making her quarantine 14 days or ignoring her
    but no last week she shows up meets her at a park and lets her into the condo
    because "she has the right to be there"
    I dont dispute that i do think he had the right to ignore her text and make her make his life miserable thru legal channels
    and we believe he either feels sorry for her or still has feelings
    he tried hard to work it out but she is a bitch.
    so she's a manipulative cunt and i wouldnt put anything past her and he needs to not be there alone with her
    hes pretty much broke his gf is splitting for ak to hang with her sons for a month or 2 while he unfucks the latest situation and im not sure she'll come back
    His 78 yo ass is coming to stay with us paying her 2000 a month alimony and letting her live in the condo while he tries to sell it
    while i have no real problem and we envisioned his stubborn ass coming to live with us eventually
    i didnt see it coming this summer in the middle of a global health pandemic
    i love him but its our house and i feel he needs to be accountable for his actions
    we dont thinks hes been forthcoming and truthful about the legal proceedings and other things
    and we need for him to not pitty party pull his shit togather and make solid daily plans to figure his situation out
    until the next court hearing june 26
    then based on that figure out what hes gonna do hes welcome here but it will be in his/our basement fil that will need to be remodeled
    but theres plenty of room down there
    My wife keeps telling me not to be a dick
    but when i was fuckin up and had to sit through interventions bullshit and git kicked outta the house and live on the streets
    it was called tough luvs
    other than repeating the serenity prayer i learned at rehab im not sure how or whats to do on this one or how its gonna work out for him/us
    That sucks, family is always a sticky wicket. But at 78, 3rd divorce if I read it right, and already with another lady friend? If he hasn’t learned his lessons at this point he’s not going too. Your only question is do you want to support these choices or not. Family doesn’t offer us easy alternatives sometimes, go with your gut and good luck. It explains your charming wordsmithing though, apples and trees and all that.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Congrats Joe. Durango is a great move, good on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    That sucks, family is always a sticky wicket. But at 78, 3rd divorce if I read it right, and already with another lady friend? If he hasn’t learned his lessons at this point he’s not going too. Your only question is do you want to support these choices or not. Family doesn’t offer us easy alternatives sometimes, go with your gut and good luck. It explains your charming wordsmithing though, apples and trees and all that.

She's not my lady friend, I'm just helping her conceive.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    She's not my lady friend, I'm just helping her round the corners off her edges.
    FIFY
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Troo Dat, goddammitfuckingshit. And every time I start feeling sorry for my financial self I remember how fucking great my life is because I got out.
    My brother would write “Happiness” on the memo line of the alimony checks he wrote for his ex.

And when about 18 mos after the divorce was finalized he accidentally saw her at the grocery, she Came up to him & said “we have to talk”,

he said “ no we don’t - I’m paying a lot of money so I don’t have to”

Can someone please tell me how my ex is stalking my location on what I assume is FB?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Can someone please tell me how my ex is stalking my location on what I assume is FB?

Thank you.

It must be a 5G thing. Check the collection of junk thread for cutting off your cars 5G antennas

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    My brother would write “Happiness” on the memo line of the alimony checks he wrote for his ex.

And when about 18 mos after the divorce was finalized he accidentally saw her at the grocery, she Came up to him & said “we have to talk”,

That is a classic all the way around. Here is to your bro; hefts a big swig of Never Better double IPA.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

lol

If you're posting shit on FB are you including locations? or is it more insidious?

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

Thank you.

Haha. “Happiness” is good. I pay my alimony via recurring bill pay, but I’m tempted to take it off and mail her checks just so I can do that. Good and healthy to remind yourself what you’re buying though so you don’t become resentful. Mine isn’t just happiness, it’s making sure my kids are well taken care of when they aren’t with me, and that’s a responsibility I’d never fight.... the child support payments honestly aren’t enough to do that, IMO, and while it’s her responsibility to fill in the gaps, she really isn’t as capable as she thinks she is to do that and I’m happy to make sure she can fuck around and do whatever and fully pursue her inner Karen as long as she keeps being a good Mom.

I long for the day where I don’t really have to deal with her at all and can tell her to fuck off with her Karen self (or more likely, just ignore her, because I don’t need the drama of any big tell off). But that’s about 6 years from now, at least, because kids.

In the meantime, even with the financial struggles and the shitty house and everything, goddamn it’s nice to not have to deal with that shit daily.

This weekend, I went for a long mountain bike ride with my girlfriend on trails that were close to my old home, where I used to sneak short rides as long as I was back within an hour and she’d act all magnanimous about it all. Rode a couple loops that I’d NEVER ridden, despite having ridden that trail system for years, because they would take me past my curfew. And the whole time I had to keep pinching myself that it was real and I kept having PTSD flashbacks....
    focus.