Page 171 of 272 FirstFirst ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 6779
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    There they are! I was gonna give you shit about not rowing but then I realized she probably wanted to row.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Depending on the your personal cutoff date it could be.

From my vantage point 60+ looks like it sucks balls if you’re alone. Generally.

I’ll let that demo here respond in kind.
    my plan is to pack a squaw at 65, maybe. i might be busy, not being nagged.

by then, it's all quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    That was a big part of my calculus. I’d just reached break even point financially; little later than I should have. Partially because I got a late start on a career and partially because she would not get a goddamned job. If I can maintain break even for the next few years while supporting her through her series of entry level jobs I should be able to recover in my 40’s. Wait until late 40’s after I’ve started to acquire some wealth? Seems like a no win.
    Why did you marry someone who wouldn't work? Sounds like a lose/lose scenario.

I should be able to recover in my 40’s. Wait until late 40’s after I’ve started to acquire some wealth? Seems like a no win.
    it worked for me probably due in some part to an eclectic combo of good luck/good timing/ good drugs and the american cousins shitting the bed with the credit swap crisis
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

Quote Originally Posted by throwitaway9876 View Post
    Why did you marry someone who wouldn't work? Sounds like a lose/lose scenario.
    She was working when we got pregnant. Quit/moved to have the baby. Never went back.

Being a stay at home mom appealed to her. The irony is she complains that she put all this work into being a stay at home mom and now it’s hard to find a good job and now I’m so much further ahead than she is. She acts like I’m the one who did this to her. Zero appreciation that she had that opportunity and I wasn’t really too big a dick about it outside of the “hey, this would be a lot easier if you found a job” prodding every couple months. But, being a “supportive husband” for all those years meant telling her she was making a damned impressive contribution to the home that society largely did not recognize, and acting like I meant it. Catch-22....

Her initial spousal support demand was half my income for the next 10 years.
    focus.

She was working when we got pregnant. Quit/moved to have the baby. Never went back.

Being a stay at home mom appealed to her. The irony is she complains that she put all this work into being a stay at home mom and now it’s hard to find a good job and now I’m so much further ahead than she is. She acts like I’m the one who did this to her. Zero appreciation that she had that opportunity and I wasn’t really too big a dick about it outside of the “hey, this would be a lot easier if you found a job” prodding every couple months. But, being a “supportive husband” for all those years meant telling her she was making a damned impressive contribution to the home that society largely did not recognize, and acting like I meant it. Catch-22....

Her initial spousal support demand was half my income for the next 10 years.
    Sounds like a classic dependapotamus story. Now that she is accustomed to not working she wants half of your net worth, child support and half of your income going ten years into the future.

ok so do you like go through life sizing up women as if every relationship or marriage is a business decision?
    that's just plain wrong unless you define your life by money

went out with this chick the other day, she wore the shortest fucking skirt ever, all nite long I'm thinking about how nice it is, and the thing is just creeping up, and she keeps pulling it down
    was I concerned that she's a part time deli clerk at city market or that she is thirty something living with three other chicks in a shit hole condo
    no I'm thinking about the thong under that skirt and how gorgeous she looks

I sure as heck wasn't thinking about a prenup or what her w2 looked like
    life is too short

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    was I concerned that she's a part time deli clerk at city market or that she is thirty something living with three other chicks in a shit hole condo
    No but she is. Her clock is ticking. She wants out of the condo and she wants a 8-5salary job that doesn't involve weighing out precisely 0.75 lbs of Boar's Head Cracked Pepper Turkey for a mom with an attitude.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ok so do you like go through life sizing up women as if every relationship or marriage is a business decision?
    that's just plain wrong unless you define your life by money

went out with this chick the other day, she wore the shortest fucking skirt ever, all nite long I'm thinking about how nice it is, and the thing is just creeping up, and she keeps pulling it down
    no I'm thinking about the thong under that skirt and how gorgeous she looks

I sure as heck wasn't thinking about a prenup or what her w2 looked like
    life is too short
    Newsflash- marriage is a business decision. In the state of Colorado the lower earning spouse is entitled to spousal support for 1/2 of the length of the marriage or for life if you have been married for 20 years.

Rational people aren't interested in raising a 30 something deli clerk out of poverty because she wore a mini skirt on a first date.

They are interested in raising her skirt

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I guess I missed the part where fred said he wanted to marry her.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    No but she is. Her clock is ticking. She wants out of the condo and she wants a 8-5salary job that doesn't involve weighing out precisely 0.75 lbs of Boar's Head Cracked Pepper Turkey for a mom with an attitude.
    What I was thinking. Wearing that skirt was a business decision. Well played, it turns out.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 07-22-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    focus.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    There they are! I was gonna give you shit about not rowing but then I realized she probably wanted to row.
    ive been pestering her for years to learn how to convince fish to eat thread ,foam ,feathers and others dodads and materials wrapped around a hook using a special line and a whippy stick
    she tells me this trip after she retires shes considering it
    that outta test some marital bonds
    the sliding down steep snow covered slopes using special planks thing sure did
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

In the state of Colorado...
    God Fuckin' Dammit! Why doesn't someone tell me these things?! I thought this was still Colorado Territory. Was hoping to raid wagon trains, rustle cattle, and hook up with a bunch of squaws . You know, live the original OG life, yo.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I must be doing something right, but I’m not quite sure how to read this one.... she’s taking me to a symphony concert (Mozart’s piano concerto for two pianos), with her mom - I guess I’d better be on my best behavior
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Dont fool yoself, Coloraido is just a partion of California.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I must be doing something right, but I’m not quite sure how to read this one.... she’s taking me to a symphony concert (Mozart’s piano concerto for two pianos), with her mom - I guess I’d better be on my best behavior
    Shes setting you up with her mom? That's so sweet.

Rational people aren't interested in raising a 30 something deli clerk out of poverty because she wore a mini skirt on a first date.
    your doing it wrong
    as long as she doesn't bait and switch it's money

Newsflash- marriage is a business decision. In the state of Colorado the lower earning spouse is entitled to spousal support for 1/2 of the length of the marriage or for life if you have been married for 20 years.

Listen son, forgive me for jabbing you a bit, but I don't think you are in any position to be giving advice about rational decision making in a relationship!

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Shes setting you up with her mom? That's so sweet.
    Heh, if the mom offers to smoke a J, refer to that Two and a Half Men episode.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

with her mom
    Sounds like maybe she's going to committee...

On the bright side, at least the date is not with her dad?

Sounds like they are cultured. I'd wear a bowtie and put on some clean pants.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I don’t get the 2.5 men reference. I don’t watch tv.

Pants... I think the only pants I own are filthy ski pants. Ski town music fest in a circus tent so I think my best short shorts will do.

That does nothing to make me want to watch it. Quite the opposite. All three of those people look like assholes.