Page 178 of 272 FirstFirst ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 6779
    no...the best strategy is to own a stainless steel car.

I got the rice.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    So you’re saying the only fail-proof strategy is to not get married in the first place.
    That is one way to approach it.
    watch out for snakes

There are very few pragmatic reasons to marry. Do it for those, not to 'keep' someone or whatever.

I used to think the old joke, "don't bother getting married, just find someone you hate and buy them a house" was pretty funny. Live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by CP99 View Post
    I don't know how this went from divorce to fish, but whatever.

I was a divorce attorney at one point in my career. My clients would come to me complaining about their spouse dating someone else while the divorce was pending. It made it seem like a third party, someone they didn't know, was having a hand raising their children. Everyone resented it.

The advice I gave to my clients was this: encourage your soon-to-be ex-spouse to date other people. In divorce, free time and an idle mind are very dangerous things. If your spouse has either of those things, their attention will turn to how much they resent you, everything you supposedly did wrong, what a horrible parent you are, etc. However, if they have a distraction in the form of a new relationship, then they DON'T have time to focus on how much they hate you. And if they do still have the time, they won't want to spend it being negative. They will want to invest it into their new relationship.

Encourage your spouse to find something, or someone, that's positive in their life. When they have that, the focus won't be on you anymore. And that will move things forward for each of you.
    100%. When my ex re married I was finally off the hook.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

I’ve been dating some wild school teacher who was going through a divorce. It started off with hikes, then she was booking hotel rooms and cabins. I can’t believe the crazy shit she said about her ex. Guy May have been insensitive, drank etc. but he built a bank! Gave her 2 kids and sounds like he may have been in the closet. She’s blowing his money though.

Worst part was she said she’d sell his ring when it was final and take me to Hawaii. My first thought was that trip my ex took to Jamaica and my ring?

Anyway, it’s over thank God. Chick was on alot of Zoloft too. One for the book.

Still texting me though.

post up her nudes here

it will make you feel better
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    post up her nudes here

it will make you feel better
    I wish I could.

I will think ahead next time. But I’m honestly considering taking a break. My time in St Louis is just about up. I think it’s time to move on from this shot hole.

The girls are all the same too. If you’re not a stupid cardinals fan they don’t know what to do with you.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    "Can't you see..."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-legal-dispute

A Kansas man has asked an Iowa judge to let him engage in a sword fight with his ex-wife and her attorney in a trial by combat that will settle their ongoing legal dispute.

David Ostrom, 40, of Paola, Kansas, said in a 3 January court filing that his former wife, Bridgette Ostrom, 38, of Harlan, Iowa, and her attorney, Matthew Hudson, had “destroyed (him) legally”
    Ostrom requested time to procure Samurai swords, which seems reasonable

I don't know how this went from divorce to fish, but whatever.

I was a divorce attorney at one point in my career. My clients would come to me complaining about their spouse dating someone else while the divorce was pending. It made it seem like a third party, someone they didn't know, was having a hand raising their children. Everyone resented it.

The advice I gave to my clients was this: encourage your soon-to-be ex-spouse to date other people. In divorce, free time and an idle mind are very dangerous things. If your spouse has either of those things, their attention will turn to how much they resent you, everything you supposedly did wrong, what a horrible parent you are, etc. However, if they have a distraction in the form of a new relationship, then they DON'T have time to focus on how much they hate you. And if they do still have the time, they won't want to spend it being negative. They will want to invest it into their new relationship.

Encourage your spouse to find something, or someone, that's positive in their life. When they have that, the focus won't be on you anymore. And that will move things forward for each of you.
    the sooner you get on with your life the sooner you get on with your life

this is pretty good ^^ also consider yer ex will talk to other people, Stella in the lunch room will tell your soon to be ex they are entitled to more $$$$$$ than they are getting

So IME , to paraphrase the sage advice of Steve Miller "take the money and run " you wana get shit done real quick

get that legal seperation agreement all signed & sealed really quick so in my starter marriage I had the deal done everything split up 50/50 in 2 weeks, which did kinda backfire

IME they will usually they want to get back togetehr again after about 6 months when they figure out life is not a bed of roses without that meal ticket and she did, claimed she was not of sound mind when she signed the seperation agreement, threatened to take me for everything if we didnt get back together which seemed kinda like when mom used to say " don't make me hit you "

so I went for another opinion on the whole deal. I looked in the phone book for a jewish divorce lawyer because they are more fiesty eh, so I went to Rabinowitz Rabinowitz and Rabinowitz for a second opinion on the seperation agreement, he said it was all good just tell her to fuck off

2 days in divorce court cuz she wanted her say, the judge said she had not demonstrated where she was not of sound mind when she made the agreement , no psychologists no counselors ... agreement stands
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

One of my favorite Curb Your Enthusiasm's is where he hires what he believes to be a Jewish lawyer, recommends him to the owner of the Dodgers, then they both get fucked cause the guy is neither Jewish, or a good lawyer.
    Live Free or Die

Not sure which Rabinowitz i talked to but I'm satisfyed he was jewish and besides it was just a 1/2 hr consult, an initial consult up here is really cheap

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    tI looked in the phone book for a jewish divorce lawyer because they are more fiesty
    wtf man.

that was back in the day when typecasting, sexist, racists jokes were more common but i'm above that now eh

and besides it was only a 1/2hr consult, the real lawyer I went with, she was drop dead good looking,

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the sooner you get on with your life the sooner you get on with your life
    Fuck. Easier said than done but you're probably right. I got roped back in for a bit, we went to hawaii without the kids and it was great, until we got back home........ just makes this shit harder. Put myself through the ringer again. I think I'm over it. I hope.

On the other hand, I have 17 ski days since December 5th... so I like how that's playing out.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 01-16-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Your friendly ex-divorce lawyer here.

I'll say this - if you need to go to war, find a divorced female attorney who never remarried. You know, a man hater. Or a woman who was rejected at some point in her life. They are the most caustic people God ever made. They live to make everyone in their path as miserable as they are. It will surely cost you a fortune - it always does when you pick a fight about the color of the fucking sky - but whoever you're fighting will never want to go through it again. When those women set fires, EVERYTHING burns.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Fuck. Easier said than done but you're probably right. I got roped back in for a bit, we went to hawaii without the kids and it was great, until we got back home........ just makes this shit harder. Put myself through the ringer again. I think I'm over it. I hope.

On the other hand, I have 17 ski days since December 5th... so I like how that's playing out.
    I seen a pattern after the 3rd go round so it was strike 3 and yet outa there, I moved narth so I couldn't go back, anyhow moving on then gave me 10 yars to just recover financially before retirement at 49: to live happily ever after,

I was # 2 ex wife is now on husband #5

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

That’s like reattaching the bandaid after slowly peeling it half off, only to start peeling it again....

I’m not making a value judgment or giving advice here, but once I had made some significant progress down that brutal road that I KNEW I was going to eventually go down, I wasn’t making any U turns. It sounds like the most reasonable thing in the world to “just try again for a year,” except I had been miserable for a decade and “not giving it a chance” outweighed both the chance that I wouldn’t have the stones to pull the plug again and the misery of that initial separation.
    focus.

I'll say this - if you need to go to war, find a divorced female attorney who never remarried. You know, a man hater. Or a woman who was rejected at some point in her life. They are the most caustic people God ever made. They live to make everyone in their path as miserable as they are. It will surely cost you a fortune - it always does when you pick a fight about the color of the fucking sky - but whoever you're fighting will never want to go through it again. When those women set fires, EVERYTHING burns.
    Yep, cannibals won’t eat divorced women - too bitter
    Good luck to you guys going thru the shit

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    That’s like reattaching the bandaid after slowly peeling it half off, only to start peeling it again....
    Yep. You'd like to think you could step back and be more rational in these situations... the guilt with the kids part makes it harder, though. Anyway, yeah, I'm dumb.

Tammy Wynette cannot be reached for help-Divorce advice

You have to be 110% sure it’s unsaveable

What you did is pretty easy to understand and you shouldn’t feel bad about the effort you guys made

Have you guys tried therapy?

...find a divorced female attorney who never remarried. You know, a man hater. Or a woman who was rejected at some point in her life. They are the most caustic people God ever made. They live to make everyone in their path as miserable as they are. It will surely cost you a fortune - it always does when you pick a fight about the color of the fucking sky - but whoever you're fighting will never want to go through it again. When those women set fires, EVERYTHING burns.

I find myself.....strangely aroused.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

This was my ex's counsel I think. Unbelievably awful human. Every opportunity was taken to fuck with me. I seriously wonder how those people sleep at night. Damn straight I never want to go through it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I find myself.....strangely aroused.
    LOL.

Family law attorneys are all 100% weirdos. It is an actual job requirement.