Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anders Osborne

Ten days ago. The Louisiana Music Factory sets during Jazz Fest are amazing.

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Just bought tickets for Sunday 5/21 at the Ram's Head in Annapolis, matinee show, there's still tickets if anybody wants 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Just bought tickets for Sunday 5/21 at the Ram's Head in Annapolis, matinee show, there's still tickets if anybody wants 'em.
    solo acoustic as well, that will be damn good.

one of the few Carl bass face melting solos at around 46:00...

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Wow. If you get a chance to see Anders solo, DO IT. Phenomenal show, better in a lot of ways than he is with the band or NMO. Super easy friendly comfortable banter with a friendly room, great song selection, and unlike many people playing solo acoustic, he stepped up and fucking belted it out when he needed to. In great voice and state of mind. Fun as shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Wow. If you get a chance to see Anders solo, DO IT. Phenomenal show, better in a lot of ways than he is with the band or NMO. Super easy friendly comfortable banter with a friendly room, great song selection, and unlike many people playing solo acoustic, he stepped up and fucking belted it out when he needed to. In great voice and state of mind. Fun as shit show.
    Word. Saw him in a songwriters in the round format in the tiny JH Center for the Arts, with Jackie Greene and Hayes Carll. Fanfuckingtastic.

VIP fundraising show at the Maple Leaf in NOLA. For his sober musicians' support foundation.

Hmm is he sober?

The man is one of a kind virtuoso. Nola at its finest. It’s been a while and hope to reconnect w him sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Hmm is he sober?

The man is one of a kind virtuoso. Nola at its finest. It’s been a while and hope to reconnect w him sooner.
    Ya, almost ten years now, thanks to Ivan Neville. He talked about it a few times at his solo acoustic show last year. One part was pretty hilarious, he's started using some CBD oil, had put some on a wrist...he talked about it, smelled his wrist, said ahhhhhh reminds me of the good old days or something like that. Here is a well-written piece on his journey and foundation.

Seen him two times, once in NoLA, once in VA. Kicked ass, great show.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Ya, almost ten years now, thanks to Ivan Neville. He talked about it a few times at his solo acoustic show last year. One part was pretty hilarious, he's started using some CBD oil, had put some on a wrist...he talked about it, smelled his wrist, said ahhhhhh reminds me of the good old days or something like that. Here is a well-written piece on his journey and foundation.
    Thanks for sharing...

thanks for the Anders boost, kept me in a good mood last night. Recently found him, gearing up for a joan osborne show last weekend. The guy is the shit. A real Rocker
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Saw him with Joan Osborne recently doing two sets of Dylan tunes. Awesome show

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9478.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	504.6 KB 
ID:	261561

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Saw him with Joan Osborne recently doing two sets of Dylan tunes. Awesome show

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9478.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	504.6 KB 
ID:	261561
    I was hoping he'd show up. no such luck. I fell asleep for a few songs. got wicked baked before the show to the point where my date had to go outside "for air" she was so ripped. Gotta see Anders live
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Bought some tix a few days ago to see him at City Winery in DC in March, he's doing a little EC swing that month: https://www.andersosborne.com/shows/

looking forward to it, it's been a little while.