Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Conquering the Useless: The Movie

Hey maggots, it's been a while huh. Since Dunfee probably won't post this movie on the homepage, figured I'd just go straight to the source.

So here it is, announcing "Conquering the Useless". This was a big departure from the normal for me. It was a chance to go outside the tried and true boundaries of a ski movie and chase a new dream of mine. After "The Crack" it was a struggle to truly find "What's next?". I knew in my heart I had no desire to try to go out and top something like that. Knew that there was so many rad lines that took a little extra work to get to and plenty of rad adventures that didn't incorporate heli-lodges or guide support. Essentially, it was a shit ton of fun in an entirely different way for myself.

Movie will be out early October, in the mean time. Here's the trailer.

Here's a link to the website with trailer on the front page for those not seeing it embedded (in bed-ed?) http://www.conqueringtheuseless.com/
    Last edited by Alkasquawlik; 08-31-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Sketchy lines

Nice work! Stoked to see the whole thing.

I can't see shit. When I click on the box I get directed to a Vimeo password page. Want to watch stoke dammit!

That's the way (uh-huh, uh-huh) I like it (uh-huh uh-huh).
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I can't see shit. When I click on the box I get directed to a Vimeo password page. Want to watch stoke dammit!
    Huh, seems to be working for me. Anyone else having issues?

I had to refresh this thread once before it loaded properly.

There may be gigalegions of snow hungry weirdos trying to download the trailer, so maybe vimeo has bandwidth issues for the hosting cluster?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Same. Can't see shit except a password page. I'm on my phone on the tgr app though...

I don't remember seeing a Team Thirteen movie since Echo, which I though was a great movie and still break it out to watch once in awhile, look forward to checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    I don't remember seeing a Team Thirteen movie since Echo, which I though was a great movie and still break it out to watch once in awhile, look forward to checking it out.
    That was the last time I filmed with Team Thirteen as well. A connection that was made right here on these forums more than 10 years ago actually. Great to get back with an old favorite and film again.

Looks good. Just curious, what's the final run time of the movie?

Fuck yeah. Self guided braap accessed movie lines. Sounds wicked

Looks like a good one. Thanks for the quality stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Same. Can't see shit except a password page. I'm on my phone on the tgr app though...
    Yup, fuck you tgr app! Needzz stoke now!

Looks very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Training carts are for jongs. I remember back when this forum had legit bull-fighters and not a bunch of posers.

Just added a link to the website for those not seeing it for some weird reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Just added a link to the website for those not seeing it for some weird reason.
    Thanks mang, STOKE!

Alka crushes. So does Team13. The forum connection all around. Fun couple of trips filming this. Film should be rad!

Glacier travel on sleds looks sketchy as. Looking forward to full length video

Looks awesome! Sign me up. What's up with the title? Guess I'll have to watch to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Looks awesome! Sign me up. What's up with the title? Guess I'll have to watch to find out.
    Riff off this... http://www.amazon.com/Conquistadors-.../dp/0898867789 http://www.mountaineersbooks.org/Con...less-P547.aspx

Film looks very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Yes! Slippy is back
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Thanks. I think i'll have to give it a read.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Nailed it. I originally heard it from a Reinhold Messner quote and thought that it is so fitting for what we do as skiers. The quote embodies the absurdity and near pointlessness of what we do while also encompassing this crazy feeling that it gives you. It can make you feel like you're a conquerer of the world changing the course of history but in reality, you're really not doing anything important at all. To me, the quote sums up skiing, climbing and exploration so perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    Alka crushes. So does Team13. The forum connection all around. Fun couple of trips filming this. Film should be rad!
    Yes! A-Train is another forum connection that absolutely crushed it on this movie. From the insane sledding that it took to get out there to climbing up right alongside, a key part of the film. Thanks dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Nailed it. I originally heard it from a Reinhold Messner quote and thought that it is so fitting for what we do as skiers. The quote embodies the absurdity and near pointlessness of what we do while also encompassing this crazy feeling that it gives you. It can make you feel like you're a conquerer of the world changing the course of history but in reality, you're really not doing anything important at all. To me, the quote sums up skiing, climbing and exploration so perfectly.