Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    And that has what to do with steelhead?

Lawyers descending on steelhead season to help the economy.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Note a correlation between getting firewood time and the sound of jet engines in yer valley.

How much wood fits in an econobox toyota matrix? this much.

Name:  41039142_720207088333127_1132005859983884288_n.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  127.3 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090895.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	246326
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Note a correlation between getting firewood time and the sound of jet engines in yer valley.
    yeah so this ^^ is where the judge on netflix sez " I will allow this line of questioning for now but you better tie this all together pretty quick"

For the second year in a row L hutz esq has been deployed to the wildfires on the towns fire engine and deserves mad respect
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah so this ^^ is where the judge on netflix sez " I will allow this line of questioning for now but you better tie this all together pretty quick"

For the second year in a row L hutz esq has been deployed to the wildfires on the towns fire engine and deserves mad respect
    First off, props to L hutz. Thanks for your efforts man.

Secondly, yeah, xxx'er....Judge Judy ain't impressed with my comments either....I can't tie anything together cause i ain't a fisherman. I'll fly away now to tie one on in a different context.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 650
Size:  57.2 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

hey if anybody has a chance to make last minute plans people seem to be catching fish as opposed to just fishing

did the last shuttle today, dropped a complimentary case of beer at each of the fishing stores which brings to a close the 2018 season, no more getting up early

early on they were catching but it turned into a drought, water was so low the guides couldn't run their jet sleds up past telkwa bridge, the Kispiox was deemed unfishable, people would come take a look and leave after a day, but some people were still catching and the self professed crazy German was back for best year ever, probably caught 100 fish on spoons / eggs / weighted flys during his 3 1/2 weeks here, buddy said they were all on the bottom nice big clean strong fish but you needed to get down 1 ft off the bottom if you wana catch fish ... probably not much fly fishn eh

I seen the guides swarming, the cooks loading groceries into the 15 passenger vans and the 1st gulfstream landed this afternoon ... its steelhead season !

I seen the guides swarming, the cooks loading groceries into the 15 passenger vans and the 1st gulfstream landed this afternoon ... its steelhead season !
    I noted the presence of the 'jet set' when we were talking at Bugwood today.

Did the 1st shuttle of the season this morning, its so exciting when buddy hands you the money !

Not many fisherman around and nobody seems to be catching fish

Henning is here for his 15th season from Chermany, if he catches fish there are fish, he caught 6 in 2 days last week, sez they are big and powerful fish this year but they are down deep in slow water and fishing for them is not pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Those dudes sure do stand out on Main Street. Almost as much as the treeplanters do, although I believe most of them occupy the opposite end of the socio-economic spectrum. I kind of like the steelhead crowd, jets and all. They add a nice, worldly element to our town each spring. They are very good for the local economy. Not to mention that they are all pretty much stoked on life and what they are doing so that is pretty cool. I have noticed they are always very complimentary of our valley. And they put some extra spending money in xxx-er s pocket, which can only be a good thing as far as I am concerned.
    "at either end of the wealth scale there's a leisure class"
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

the fish don't care how much money you got

I had a pretty good season this year - but I shut it down early October.

I only have so much fun freezing my ass off in the river. Once the coho are done - I have a bit of trouble justifying the time away to the Mrs. - But seeing as the kids like eating the fishes as long as I bring something home for the freezer, I lose less marital capital.

Got out to the Kispiox a couple times - which was a welcome change.

Met a couple folks from America land on the plane back from Van - gave 'em a ride into town when Air Canada lost their luggage.

Didn't make it out to to the coast this year so the freezer isn't as stocked as usual - but should get by
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6964.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	552.6 KB 
ID:	299966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6965.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	299967  

A guy I shuttled yesterday told me the Gitxsan charged them 100$ each for a permit on the Kispiox ?

I always tell rafters coming down the babine / Skeena to takeout either before or after Kispiox village and for the fisherman who want to fish the Kipiox i have no idea how to acess it but that i think there are issues so good luck

Ya - if you fish at the res (or even beach your boat) - there is a fee.

Good on em - might as well get their cut.

They have a rising scale - Non-residents pay more and there is a fee for any floaties brought along. Folks from the Hazeltons pay less, cousins don't pay I believe.

I worked on a deal for an American chap by the way of Singapore for a "Fishing Cabin" up the river a ways and have gone over for a few social evenings and fishing mornings.

Great dude, great food, great wine, great fishing - what's not to like.

yeah its their land so if they want their cut who am I to say but the getting blindsided sucks

Back in the day I did a raft shuttle, I dropped them off at the fence but had somebody else do the PU at Kispo, upon landing they were hit with a 100$ charge which had never happened before, ok so don't land here anymore but ... blindsided eh

Last month I went to PU some bro's, at a not so secret secret launch site at the Skeena Babine confluence, when I get there its now got a locked gate, found a ratchet set in the customer's truck so I took the gate apart and finished
    the PU, so we can't use that launch anymore which is Ok but ... blinded sided again eh

so now i tell Rafters/kayakers to take out before or after Kispo, I don't get these hassles on the Bulkley or Morice so when somebody wants to go up to the kispo I give it a pass cuz I don't need the hassles

So i did the last shuttle a week ago, there were some big rain events blowing out the river and its getting cold so I dropped off a couple cases of craft beer at the 2 fishing stores to say thanks for the bidness which marks the end of the fishing season

The 2019 fishing season was one of the worst in memory, one owner figures we were down 30% in sales and licenses

So i did the last shuttle a week ago, there were some big rain events blowing out the river and its getting cold so I dropped off a couple cases of craft beer at the 2 fishing stores to say thanks for the bidness which marks the end of the fishing season

The 2019 fishing season was one of the worst in memory, one owner figures we were down 30% in sales and licenses
    Dismal year for the thompson steelhead as well. I think there were less than a couple dozen fish at the spawning gravels. Salmon returns not great either, but waiting on the final counts for the Adams run.

As a government drone do you get some kind of figures ?

Fisherman fly in, rent trucks, rent rooms, eat food, drink beer, buy stuff, pay guides ... its an economic driver for sure

Not looking good down here either. Steelhead fishery closure on Clearwater and Snake rivers will take economic toll

If you really want to ruin your day... my friend and frequent fishing partner who is the USFS regional fish biologist here sent me this text the other day "Finished reading a paper that looks at historical numbers of Chinook in the Middle Fork Salmon. Current numbers are around 1,600 fish. Estimated numbers in the 1870’s — 160,000 to 180,000 fish."

Back in the north... B.C. steelhead fishery faces extinction

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Yup, that's the waters I mentioned. That article is a couple years old. This is newer, and even more depressing public statement: http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/news...low-1.23994055 I suspect it is going to take far more than short-term fisheries closures to help the populations now.

XXX-er, I can get more precise data, but if it is not been officially released then I'd have to kill you after sharing. I've not been dealing with ocean-run fish in the N.Thompson and tribs in my day-to-day work; most of my critter work has been either caribou or local 1st Nations driven these days.

I don't think its as bad up here yet in the Skeena watershed, the crazy german that comes back every year, who I consider my bellwether or maybe the canary in the coalmine caught 5 on his 1st day but only 1 the second day, then I lost track of him and I think he went home early

there are still repeat customers in spite of the expense and hassles

the fish store guy told me he was trying to get some data on how many licenses sold from the gov but I suspect it will not be forth coming and in any case he/we obviously made less $$$$

anyone age #okboomer and below buys their licenses on line so how many licenses are sold by a retailer might not be that telling. Actual govy #s would be interesting.

There are four key sources of noise and sensations from takeoff. These include the engines, flaps, landing gear, and aerodynamic noise.