Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Yeah but as much as I love live music, I love skiing pow more.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Yeah but as much as I love live music, I love skiing pow more.
    Right? I just scored a ticket to next week's sold out JRAD show, hopefully it dumps again and I have to get rid of that one too!
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 03-07-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Steve Earle Tipitina’s May 1. I’m going to miss is. I fly out of NO that morning.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Dead and Company.

^^nice, I was just coming into post a stream on Mixlr. Surprised to hear Althea now, figured they'd save it for Mayer if he's coming out in the second.

Mixlr streamer is Flotilla19, sound quality is real good.

Sidebar cool story:

Jay Blakesberg did a slideshow gig in Portland Monday night, totally awesome. If you get a chance to catch one it's really great. What a life Jay carved out for himself, he had a pic of a totally tripping Jorma published in Relix when he was like 16 years old and some 40 years later is the official photog at Fare Thee Well. Dude has some stories...

Wally Ingram came up also to jam with the local acoustic dead guys that played after Jay did his thing. Chatted and smoked with Wally outside the club between sets.

Edit: added the Jorma pic, taken at a gas station post show

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8964.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	485.7 KB 
ID:	227252
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 03-08-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    ^^nice, I was just coming into post a stream on Mixlr. Surprised to hear Althea now, figured they'd save it for Mayer if he's coming out in the second.

Mixlr streamer is Flotilla19, sound quality is real good.

Sidebar cool story:

Jay Blakesberg did a slideshow gig in Portland Monday night, totally awesome. If you get a chance to catch one it's really great. What a life Jay carved out for himself, he sold a pic of a totally tripping Jorma to Relix when he was like 16 years old and some 40 years later is the official photog at Fare Thee Well. Dude has some stories...

Wally Ingram came up also to jam with the local acoustic dead guys that played after Jay did his thing. Chatted and smoked with Wally outside the club between sets.

Edit: added the Jorma pic, taken at a gas station post show

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8964.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	485.7 KB 
ID:	227252
    wouldn't his pupils be totally dilated if he was totally trippin' ?
    He just looks super STOKED !

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    wouldn't his pupils be totally dilated if he was totally trippin' ?
    He just looks super STOKED !
    Stoked is right, on a whole bunch of sumpin'!

Wasn't expecting Larry Campbell and Theresa tonight, nice surprise. Tonight is like Phil & Friends w/Bob.

Daddy like

Yeah, Larry is a great addition. They need that imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, Larry is a great addition. They need that imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think I liked it better than the Trey set, although Eyes was pretty nice.

First set was all repeats except for He's Gone I think, how the hell can they not pull a more original set together when they've only played twice so far?
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 03-08-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post

John fucking Mayer, yeah he can play some blues, but what a douche.

He is one of best guitarist alive. He is a f-ing technician. you crazy
    Hello darkness my old friend

mayer is a great player, just kinda smarmy douchie from CT.
    wish I could find a decent periscope for tonight.
    this is great Cryptical Envelopment...The Other One

Long shot here but I have two main floor extras for 3/10 Bobby/Phil in Chicago. Anyone want them?

Chicago won the Phobby tour IMHO, putting Jeff C on the roster was icing on the cake

yup

am I the only that thinks that they aren't gelling? Seems like Phil and Bob have some shit to work out. They aren't clicking.

Dead and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    He is one of best guitarist alive. He is a f-ing technician. you crazy

Mayer has licks. Still a douche.

Why is ha douche? I’ve sat thru literally hours of his “lessons” on instagram and I honestly walked away liking him much more after seeing how funny and normal he was.

Did he fuck your girlfriend?

Dead and Company.

I am very happy I decided to go to Chicago! Phil was a little off from time to time but shit...he is getting up there! Night one second was hot! Larry killed it. JC was carrying a ton of weight as usual. Night too was a little less exciting from a song selection standpoint but they really played with passion.
    Weir was playing better than I have seen in a long time. Might have been my favorite guitar work from him since 89-90. His leads were fairly good too. He wasn’t chasing or trying to standout. He mixes well with LC.

I like this group a lot. I think Phil forced Weir to pick up the pace. He kept up. They were not attempting to recreate what once was. This was a new sound and structure. I’m in.

Happy Birthday, Phil

my buddy sean roche

XVY6xXUKaMY

Going to check out the Everyone Orchestra next month, John K and Al Schnier from Moe handling the guitar spots.

Dead and Company.

Caught Golden Gate Wingmen when I passed through Vegas last Friday. Good show. Strange venue. Not really a venue at all. They played at a place called Topgolf. Cool spot for “golf”. Not so much for a show. Sound sucked given where they played but it was fun. There couldn’t have been more than about 75 people there. If you wanted to ride the rail, it was open. Stand in the back and noodle around, plenty of space.

They played pretty well. Some really good original stuff. Most of the Dead tunes were played in their own style. These guys are not trying to be a Dead cover band. Jeff C crushed it! I basically hovered around his keys from different angles all night. Shit, that guy can play. Nice to see him in a band that he can really show off in. GGW is as much his band as the other guys. If Weir gave him the green light to let it ride whenever Mayer wasn’t stepping up, DeadCo would really be powerful.

See GGW if you have the opportunity. Best $25 I’ve spent in a long time.
    Last edited by schwerty; 04-09-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Caught Golden Gate Wingmen when I passed through Vegas last Friday. Good show. Strange venue. Not really a venue at all. They played at a place called Topgolf. Cool spot for “golf”. Not so much for a show. Sound sucked given where they played but it was fun. There couldn’t have been more than about 75 people there. If you wanted to ride the rail, it was open. Stand in the back and noodle around, plenty of space.

They played pretty well. Some really good original stuff. Most of the Dead tunes were played in their own style. These guys are not trying to be a Dead cover band. Jeff C crushed it! I basically hovered around his keys from different angles all night. Shit, that guy can play. Nice to see him in a band that he can really show off in. GGW is as much his band as the other guys. If Weir gave him the green light to let it ride whenever Mayer wasn’t stepping up, DeadCo would really be powerful.

See GGW if you have the opportunity. Best $25 I’ve spent in a long time.
    Awesome! 75 people? That blows for them, hope low turnout doesn't dampen their enthusiasm for this project. Listening to last nights show in Ventura, they're definitely not staying in a safe zone with their approach.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Awesome! 75 people? That blows for them, hope low turnout doesn't dampen their enthusiasm for this project. Listening to last nights show in Ventura, they're definitely not staying in a safe zone with their approach.
    Yeah, they are going out there for sure. Good stuff! Nope, wasn’t kidding about the 75 people.

I don’t think Vegas was the right place for them and the venue didn’t fit at all! They didn’t seem to care much. Seemed to be having fun. I could tell they were loose due to the small crowd. Laughing and joking with each other while playing.

Jeff C is the man, glad to see him still playing with JK. Billy and Mickey were more than a little rough on JK being in Furthur, of course I think that band was a big fuck you to them after the 2009 'The Dead' band imploded. Billy has never been one to hold back on what he thinks.

First time I saw Furthur, it was about their 6th or 7th show in '09. Shakedown first set opener, John at the wheel, two drummers, crowd was on fire and the dance party was on!

https://archive.org/details/furthur2....112918.flac16

GGW was very good when I saw them, but I'm big on lyrics with the jams and that is where they fell short for me personally. JK can sing...he just chose not too I guess. I think Everyone Orchestra would be a similar situation.