Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Dead and Company.

Shit I dunno.....

Chicago was a blast. But...

No Phil. Oteil instead.

John fucking Mayer, yeah he can play some blues, but what a douche.

Mickey and Bill is a good thing. Chimenti kicks ass, but I would rather see him with Steve Kimock doing the JGB stuff.

Dead & Company Fall Tour & New Year's Eve Run
    10/29 - Albany, NY @ Times Union Center
    10/31 - New York City, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    11/1 - New York City, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    11/5 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
    11/6 - Washington, DC @ Verizon Center
    11/10 - Worcester, MA @ DCU Center
    12/27 - San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    12/28 - San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    12/30 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
    12/31 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum

Notice I didn't even mention one guy.

Ultra-meh
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

i'll be busy.....

Dead and Company.

I hope they do well but I'm not spending $ to get on board this time. The individual band members have gigs that interest me much more than this line up. Hell, I'd rather see DSO, Russo's gig, GG Wingmen or any of JKs projects. They left the game on a high note after FTW. Good enough for me to put it to rest, at least the attending shows part.

If Dead and Co want to come play the Snow King ballpark here in JH, I'll be happy to go!

Yeah, I'm not paying that much $ to see them in a big venue. I'm done with big venues for the most part.

My theory is the somewhat ambiguous name allows for different lineups in the future. Ala Phil & friends.

If they wanna plug Trey and Gordo in for a run I'll buy some duckets.

In the meantime I'm with Schwerty on where I'll get my fix.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Yeah, I'm not paying that much $ to see them in a big venue. I'm done with big venues for the most part.
    I'll bet tickets for many shows will sell for way less than sticker price in many lots.

Well...

I scored tix to the show in DC.

Albany. I like a good dance party.

Apparently I'm going to the shit hole known as the DCU center in Worcester, my brother got a couple tix.

Last time I went to that place it took two full Furthur songs to take a leak the line was so long. Might wear depends and rock out with my beer out.

lemmings, you're all lemmings!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Maybe Katy Perry will fill in for the Donna part.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Maybe Katy Perry will fill in for the Donna part.
    Oh God no! She is hot in them get ups she wears though.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Apparently I'm going to the shit hole known as the DCU center in Worcester, my brother got a couple tix.

Last time I went to that place it took two full Furthur songs to take a leak the line was so long. Might wear depends and rock out with my beer out.
    most poorly designed venue in history. i dont drink beer at those shows. a few strong drinks maybe, but the bathrooms there are untenable. People pissing in every sink, the garbage cans, fuck that place.

In case this line up does it for you.... They added more dates.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    i dont drink beer at those shows. a few strong drinks maybe, but the bathrooms there are untenable
    Good call. Tequila and a cookie. Or a dose, that might wash the Worcester off

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    In case this line up does it for you.... They added more dates.
    2 in Broomfield, I might end up at one or both. Although Crested Butte usually open around those dates, and is rather be there.

Dead and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Good call. Tequila and a cookie. Or a dose, that might wash the Worcester off
    Stack em up. though 2 cookies and 2 doses may backfire in fantastic style.

My son is bummed to be missing the EC shows while in CO and the CO shows while east. Poor baby.

most poorly designed venue in history. i dont drink beer at those shows. a few strong drinks maybe, but the bathrooms there are untenable. People pissing in every sink, the garbage cans, fuck that place.
    oh man, that doesn't sound so nice. my wife is all about these shows, but I'm away on business for the woosta shows...thankfully now.

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    2 in Broomfield, I might end up at one or both. Although Crested Butte usually open around those dates, and is rather be there.
    I'm bummed that it's thanksgiving as the flights are just too damn high. Was thinking about hitting those since my wife so wants to go. She's still pissed that we didn't go to Chitown

Dead and Company.

Stack em up. though 2 cookies and 2 doses may backfire in fantastic style.
    Heh

I'm afraid I'd start really taking off, open my eyes, see John Mayer and have to go outside
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 09-13-2015 at 06:25 PM.

looks like I will be eating my previous post words.... since adding 1st Bank Center, which is just down the street, and the wife saying she wanted to stay home this thanksgiving I've got the green light to go for tix. 1st Bank center is a great place to see a show, good sound and not a bad seat in the place.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    looks like I will be eating my previous post words.... since adding 1st Bank Center, which is just down the street, and the wife saying she wanted to stay home this thanksgiving I've got the green light to go for tix. 1st Bank center is a great place to see a show, good sound and not a bad seat in the place.
    Hmmm same sort of situation for me. Gonna be in CO around this time and tough not to consider popping in for a night to see what the hype is all about. I still think it's gonna be a hack fest.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    . I still think it's gonna be a hack fest.
    Why? Look at the players. Have you seen the allman brothers? Oteil is amazing. It's going to be a dance party. It's a night out of your life listing to music you love being played by great musicians. I found the drumming at Fare Thee Well to be cause enough to go. Need to be in the room with the Devils.

Mayer may lack the soul we like in our musicians. I think Bonamassa plays great but I don't connect with him in any meaningful way. His playing hits me in the ears, but doesn't move me. And he is a phenomenal player. JM may fit the same mold but Bobby and the drummers are plenty for me. It will be a good band.

Why? Look at the players. Have you seen the allman brothers? Oteil is amazing. It's going to be a dance party. It's a night out of your life listing to music you love being played by great musicians. I found the drumming at Fare Thee Well to be cause enough to go. Need to be in the room with the Devils.

Mayer may lack the soul we like in our musicians. I think Bonamassa plays great but I don't connect with him in any meaningful way. His playing hits me in the ears, but doesn't move me. And he is a phenomenal player. JM may fit the same mold but Bobby and the drummers are plenty for me. It will be a good band.
    The 6/12 and 6/13 terrapin crossroads shows with phil and Jm are up on YouTube. It's a 3 guitar lineup where all 3 can handle lead, but I thought Jm sounded great. I would pay money to see him play with bobby etc.

I'm going with DSO in bldr in October. See how much dead cover band I can handle after that. I do like the broomfield venue, but I'm thinking I'll find something better to do for thanksgiving.