Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    61 is a good start
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    61 is a good start
    Yer so hetty
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Raise yer hand if you ever actually saw the Grateful Dead.

More than buttah.

lets make this as competitive as possible. i saw more shows, mayer's better than trey, chicago, slow, bad vocals....bunch of critics.

chill out for fucks sake.

the TLEO was strong, loved that.

Hand raised high!

Chicago was a blast. Would do it again. It had its own awesomeness.

Way more heads and scene than this tour brought. At least to DC.

I'm just curious where folks are coming from. Personally I'm not that into Trey or John Mayer.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

IMHO, TLEO was one of the worst songs of the set. That fucking falsetto bullshit was uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post

chill out for fucks sake.
    You are right. After all the hoopla surrounding the Fare Thee Well tour to come back out as Dead & Co. this fall has made me a little bitter (not that I've seen either live). It's not a Trey vs Mayer thing, it's more about seemingly trying to cash in. That and Bobby wearing pajamas on stage.

Imma gunna leev dis here

http://m.imgur.com/a/LiIL7

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Imma gunna leev dis here

Little long winded but that was funny.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Umm what is this silly talk? Don't let your ignorance rule your world bud.
    ok thanks for sharing that. Never got into phish I was busy with the dead. never been a trey fan, so no Im glad I didnt go to chicago, I watched one of the shows and it clunked. for me. I like this version, can you tell?

I saw about 90 shows starting with 10/11/83 at the garden, its all ive listened too since then.
    Its too late my ignorance rules my world.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    ok thanks for sharing that. Never got into phish I was busy with the dead. never been a trey fan, so no Im glad I didnt go to chicago, I watched one of the shows and it clunked. for me. I like this version, can you tell?

I saw about 90 shows starting with 10/11/83 at the garden, its all ive listened too since then.
    Its too late my ignorance rules my world.
    One hell of a first show right there. I've had a pic for years w/Phil and Bob singing on the same mic during Stephen that was taken by a friend (I wasn't there sadly).

I would agree with you until around 93. I was one of the few of my friends that would pick a Dead show over Phish if they were both within 3 or so hours on the same night. After 93 (pretty much spring on) I was much more interested in Phish shows just because the energy was no longer there consistently with the band and more so Jerry. Some sleeper shows in 93 for sure but after that, I don't think there is any question Phish was the better show night after night. Saw more than my fair share of both but no question I listen to the Dead 10x more than I do Phish nowadays. That said, jam on is great way to get a quick fix on some of the more recent shows since I haven't seen them in a few years.

In recent years (2003 on), UM is my live band of choice, those guys bring it every night and very, very rarely have an off night.

Imma gunna leev dis here

Der, I jerry sound.
    Fucking hilarious, I'm still excited and think they have been sounding good with Mayer
    UM kills it, they know how to seriously create energy in a crowd and it's always a good time. been listening to them a lot lately.

Dead and Company.

Saw the band again last night. Feel free to reminisce and split hairs about what you think you know and your valuable opinions. I'll be enjoying great songs played by killer musicians.

I've been to GD shows that were horrendous. You'll never get a night like that from this band.

I know "deadheads" that have not seen one member play in any of their bands since before 95. Our group of friends never stopped. Not going to see Phil because jerry isnt there? Suit yourself.

We had a great time and on the way home were listening to Passaic 77 and I looked at my wife and she had that kind of peaceful smile on her face. I asked her if she was thinking about Jer. She said she was. We love and miss him, but still danc and sing (quietly) and go on with our lives.

There were no less than a dozen people I went to school with there. More if you count high school.

It's going to be a tough ticket. The venue last night was packed.

amazing how fast this is progressing. there were tickets everywhere on opening night in Albany. And less than two weeks later they sell out a good size venue on a Tuesday night!
    yes, I realize that the GD had a major stronghold in New England, but still, this is impressive. My broken toe was the only thing keeping me away last night. I hope they go big with this, spring and summer tour!
    Last edited by buttahflake; 11-11-2015 at 07:18 AM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Fenway!

Get your ears on a terrapin from last night. Best one I've seen in years.

Getting fired up for 11/17. is there much of a parking lot scene like in the "old" days (old in quotation marks as i only go back to the early 80s) ?
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    Getting fired up for 11/17. is there much of a parking lot scene like in the "old" days (old in quotation marks as i only go back to the early 80s) ?
    there was a bumping, mini Shakedown in Albany, got offered 'doses', by a kid who looked and dressed like Spaulding from Caddyshack.
    good times

crab in my shoe mouth

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1447252624.126043.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	171646

My DCU no bathroom plan worked great. Tequila and mushrooms kept me from standing in any of those lines.

Uncle Johns was great, the nod to Allen Touissant with Get Out Of My Lifr was cool. Wish they had opened that one up a bit more, they kind of shoved it into gdtrfb

Solid Terrapin

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    That and Bobby wearing pajamas on stage.
    Umm.. There called clam diggers!

My DCU no bathroom plan worked great. Tequila and mushrooms kept me from standing in any of those lines.

Uncle Johns was great, the nod to Allen Touissant with Get Out Of My Lifr was cool. Wish they had opened that one up a bit more, they kind of shoved it into gdtrfb

Solid Terrapin
    I have to say that the people we were sitting around would have been very odd to trip around. Guy next to my wife alternating between snapping in time loudly with both hands, and clapping, all the while tossing in frequent screams of approval at all the wrong times. Dude kept startling us. Lady with the guy next to me must have been saving her thoughts up all day to share at the show. Spent lots of time with my hands cupped over my ears.

my only real WTF moment was Bobby singing Dear Prudence. Dear Bobby, Please, no. Sincerely, MMP

Solid Terrapin
    Who sings Terrapin in this band?

JM

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    You are right. After all the hoopla surrounding the Fare Thee Well tour to come back out as Dead & Co. this fall has made me a little bitter (not that I've seen either live). It's not a Trey vs Mayer thing, it's more about seemingly trying to cash in. That and Bobby wearing pajamas on stage.
    Well duh...

Chicago was fire. Trey killed it.

Ill catch the CO Dead and Co. show.

I guess Lesh is out, because the bladder cancer thing?

If anyone has not watched The Other One on Netflix, do so now.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.